[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw been out of school for 6 years as a NEET >tfw placed

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: 1491576993583.jpg (138KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491576993583.jpg
138KB, 1920x1080px
>tfw been out of school for 6 years as a NEET
>tfw placed into precalculus at community college
>tfw don't want to feel shame of being a brainlet in a remedial class
>tfw can take it online or in person

What would you guys do?
>>
>>38178402
Look up precalculus curriculum. Study topics listed there before you start the class.
>>
there are a lot of adults at community college, it's not that big of a deal to be 'older'

also I think this is a school policy thing but at mine the online classes make you socialize a lot more than in-person classes. In-person you just show up, pay attention, then leave. The online classes have a lot of group work, discussion threads, etc. It sucks, never doing online classes again personally.
>>
>>38178439

That's the plan for the summer, along with my other classes. Sh-should I just take it online then?
>>
I made this mistake OP. Go in person. It's so much easier when you have a teacher you can ask.
>>
>>38178489
I'll talk frankly and make some assumptions. Since you have been NEET for the last 6 years, chances are you have little discipline and can't motivate yourself well. Starting off at school again, with a large gap since you did anything, will be tough especially in the way of motivating yourself to do assignments. This will only be harder for online classes as the entire weight of learning is on your shoulders, practically. So, go in person, since your chances of failing are higher if you do online.
>>
Go in person, anon. It has the benefits of motivation, plus as an adult people will treat you with a bit more respect than your peers would, which might result in nice connections.
>>
you can do it anon, they key is to start doing something
>>
>>38178481
>tfw 27 in college
>socially awkward fat guy, that's balding
I just feel so bad...
Like a majority of my classes I was in last semester were full of ripe young & social adults/teens and then there was me.
>>
>>38178494

What are the people in those classes like?
Having a teacher to ask imo is the main reason I am wondering if I should take it in person or online. Doing it online, I would be able to do it at my own pace though from the comfort of wherever I want. ;/

>>38178608
That's true ;/

>>38178699
I don't think anyone will treat me with respect for being an "adult". I still look like I did in high school, excluding my ability to grow a beard if I wanted to and how I dress myself. (People mistake me for a girl)

>>38178777
W-want to play D&D with me? I never played before but it's something I always wanted to try.
>>
>>38178928
>D&D
I'm not that old...
>>
>>38178928

W-want to play osrs then?
>>
>>38179057
what's your steam ori?
>>
File: 1491061331671.png (92KB, 295x229px) Image search: [Google]
1491061331671.png
92KB, 295x229px
>>38178402
kill myself because I can barley comprehend pre algebra
>>
File: 1491555134720.jpg (38KB, 403x389px) Image search: [Google]
1491555134720.jpg
38KB, 403x389px
>>38179099
pocksghetti is my steam desu.
(Nod to pocket spaghetti)

>>38179114
I-I can teach you everything you need to know desu~
>>
>>38178402
You are going to be 25+ one day and then you will really want to die.
>>
File: Bestgrr.gif (232KB, 345x535px) Image search: [Google]
Bestgrr.gif
232KB, 345x535px
>>38179208

I already want to die.
>>
>>38179240
I know, but then you will REALLY REALLY want to die
>>
>>38179208
if he's been a neet for 6 years, he's pretty much there already
>>
>>38178402
Take it online ofcourse.
just fuck commuting to class everyday
>>
File: Subarashii_01_10.jpg (362KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Subarashii_01_10.jpg
362KB, 1280x720px
>>38179270

If you put it that way...I can't even comprehend the magnitude of how much I will want death.

>>38179272
I-It's not that bad, I've become an expert guitar player, normie-hater, well-versed in history, pretty healthy now that I've been running/walking 8 miles 3-4 days a week at night. Now I'm going to school to become a scientist...this is my last attempt at life before sudoku.
>>
>>38178481
Hes taking precalculus, not english.
Hes bot gonna be doing any fucking group work.
>>
>>38179412

I don't have to take any English classes fortunately, I was in AP back in high school so my AP credits carried over.
>>
>>38179388
you won't make it as a scientist anon,
you can't even get past precalculus, you're a brainlet. Try becoming a chef or something
>>
>>38179474

I would rather die than be a slave for some restaurant.
>>
>>38179446
Personally i would take math online.
Don't have to worry about commuting, but you will have to stop procrastinating since due dates creep up fast.
Dont worry about that other anon saying they will make you interact with each other and do group work that never happens in a fucking online math course.
>>
>>38179525

I think I will just set aside time two days (Tues/Thursdays) a week to do the math course online then. I have to go to my school every day of the week anyway because of my 3 other classes.
>>
>>38179388
Keep going anon! I know a lot of dumb people with engineering degrees, it's all about the attitude and putting the work in
>>
Why the fuck are you looking at it as a remedial class? Do you know enough to move on to calc? No? Then take the fucking class and learn. Youre going to look like an even bigger idiot if you get into calc not knowing what youre doing.

Not everyone learns these subjects in highschool. Thats fine.
>>
>>38179611
you're supposed to take 5 classes in total, if you want to get out in 4 years
>>
>>38179013
top kek. nigga you seem like a good dude to be around, I think some liberal cunts will accept you
>>
When I went back to school for engineering, they could only accept so many transfer credits from my last degree (microbiology). One of the classes that didn't transfer was calculus, and because it had been so long since high school I had to take precalc too.

What I'm saying is that there's no shame in taking a "remedial" math class. Without a solid foundation to build on, you're just going to constantly be playing catch up for the higher level math classes.

If you're so worried about people judging you for taking a math class, maybe you should see someone for your crippling anxiety disorder instead.
>>
>>38180140

General Chemistry I = 4 credits
General Biology II = 4 credits
Precalculus = 5 credits
History = 3 Credits
Total Credits = 16
Max Total = 18

I will graduate/transfer in two years, I have my course schedule planned for the next two years.
>>
I remember hating precalc, didn't understand shit. Strangely enough I found calc 1 and 2 easy.
>>
>>38180741
precalc was hard for me as well
Calc 1 and 2 were easy though strangely enough.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.