[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I cure depression once and for all without medication

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (24KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 500x286px
How do I cure depression once and for all without medication and a therapist?
>>
Find out what's causing your depression and work on it.

It's probably due to loneliness and a lack of any sort of activities or interests. Any human being will become depressed if they're stuck inside the house not doing anything all day everyday.
>>
Bumping for interest. A popular meme answer is "exercise" but personally I have found it useless (running for 30/45 minutes every morning or so, maybe there are better types of exercises though)
>>
>>38175429
It's not like doing anything will fix it. I fail at everything I do anyways.
>>
Suicide

orig orig
>>
File: 1499009360170.png (1MB, 1193x864px) Image search: [Google]
1499009360170.png
1MB, 1193x864px
>>38175365
Do some exercise m8 it is helping me a lot m8
>>
>>38175464
he said do something, not be successful at something. Also, success and failure are subjective terms you are in control over. Feeling like you have failed is a common symptom of depression, but by no means an objective assessment of the situation.

TL;DR: be active. Plan some exercise, do the exercise, now you have successfully done an exercise.
>>
>>38175365
1) Be physically fit
2) Get enough sleep, sunshine, and real food
3) Be social and have close relationships, friends, girlfriends, etc.
4) Have some money. Money = social status.
5) Do meaningful work that you take pride in

There, that's not so hard, is it? Lol
>>
File: 1454821520381.jpg (10KB, 239x200px) Image search: [Google]
1454821520381.jpg
10KB, 239x200px
>>38175606
#3 is hard
>>
Take a hard good look at your diet. Does it contain enough fibers? Does it contain a lot of processed carbohydrates? Lots of junk food?
Remove the junk food and add more fruit and vegetables to it

Even better if you also add nuts, mushrooms and legumes but that's up to you. You can drink green tea and if you want a natural antidepressant try Saint John's Worth tea. Dark chocolate is also recommended

I have bipolar disorder or schizophrenia together with depressive episodes and diet has been the most helpful besides having a tiny bit more social support (professional social support is overrated, family and others are more helfpul)

I prefer taking long walks over exercise personally by the way
>>
Well in reality you will take notes in this thread and forget about this 3 days later and that is because you are/would be fighting against yourself, so it is far easier to start living with it, accepting it. I would dare to say that it is impossible to cure yourself from depression, because the depression itself make depression stronger, it is self eating circle, where it only gets stronger, to the point when fear of death is lesser than fear of living. Again I talk from personal experience, I told myself endless times that tomorrow is going to be different, but it is always the same. I occasionally visit therapist, but not regularly enough, so I am no really getting any better. It is just unfair...
>>
>>38175677
You have to start somewhere, and avoid falling back down into isolation. It's just like physical exercise, if you go a few days/weeks/months without exerting yourself you start to lose energy and get flabby again.

I wish "social fitness" was a thing that people took as seriously as physical fitness, and there were exercises and plans and shit like that. But because dealing with people is not as predictable as lifting a few weights, it's probably never going to happen.
>>
>>38175365
You can never cure depression anon. It will follow you to the ends of the earth. You can only learn to live with it.
>>
File: cat alco.jpg (5KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
cat alco.jpg
5KB, 284x177px
>>38175365
it never leaves you, i have feel like shit for a long time now...

what helps me is

1. i do drugs/alcohol for a while.
2. then when i stop.
3. i feel like shit.
4. body Heals Itself
5. feels like im getting better after going low

but at least i can get better so i trick myself into becoming better
sorry for bad english also i feel pretty okay atm sober
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.