[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else felt terrified by some cartoons episodes when you

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

File: speeddemon.gif (2MB, 500x340px) Image search: [Google]
speeddemon.gif
2MB, 500x340px
Anyone else felt terrified by some cartoons episodes when you were a kid?

Why do I feel that every kids cartoon has an alternative scary world? From the Powerpuff Girls, Courage The Cowardly Dog to Ed, Edd & Eddy.

ITT: Let's talk about terrifying subliminal hidden message in shows for kids.
>>
Courage the Cowardly Dog literally fucked me up, every other episode there was something terrifying happening (for a kid)

But I kept watching it because I legitimately was so worried for Courage and was cheering for him while hiding under 5 blankets.
>>
File: 1484352159732.jpg (47KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
1484352159732.jpg
47KB, 500x390px
we are in that world RIGHT NOW
>>
>>38173209
Dunno how some shit made it onto the air. Hell, half of courage the cowardly dog was pretty fucked up by children show standards. But for some reason it was Ed, Edd and Eddy that scared me the most. The episode where Edd's stairs are taken away from him, the episode where the culdisac is replaced with wooden props. Idk, something weird about that show as a kid.
>>
>>38173209
this show was pretty much the worst
>>
File: 546879537595.jpg (6KB, 192x182px) Image search: [Google]
546879537595.jpg
6KB, 192x182px
>>38173209
That fucking episode was fucking terrifying, I couldn't sleep for weeks after watching this episode, I even stopped watching the show for a while
>>
>>38173271
you're scared of some weird shit bro
>>
>>38173135
The only thing scary about Him as a kid was the voice distortion. Courage had its moments. I have no idea how you could be scared of EEE, it was just consistently bizarre.
>>
>>38173271

Both Ed Edd n Eddy and Courage had this vibe of profound isolation to them, which was especially jarring to me as a kid when you have certain expectations of how people usually live

Like how in Ed Edd n Eddy there are never any cars going by, how the action is always set in the area of the cul-de-sac, how there are never any adults around

The same goes for Courage, because the establishing shots of the farmhouse against the backdrop of the desolate prairie are just so stark. And of course the "town" is called Nowhere, yet you get a vague sense of a larger world that the farm house's only connection to is Courage's computer.

Those shows unsettled me too
>>
>you're not perfect
fucc niBBa
>>
File: header.jpg (28KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
28KB, 460x215px
this game got pretty scary for me

and at that time i was looking at plenty of fucked up shit
>>
>>38173556

oh and also pic related, i was about 17 but wtf man
>>
>>38173596
>no gods or kings, only men

That shit is disturbing as fuck
>>
This fucking movie was the fiend of my childhood
>>
>>38173654
I mean it wasn't that specifically but just the whole game... There was no point at which i felt safe no rest. It was just fucked in general and moved me in a different way from something like silent hill for example
>>
>>38173271
There's a popular theory that the kids in the Ed, Edd & Eddy show are in purgatory, and that each of them is from a different era, ex. Ralph is a German farmer settler from the 18-19th century, Eddy died during the great depression, which is why he's so greedy.

http://fantheories.wikia.com/wiki/Ed,_Edd_n_Eddy

pretty creepy shit
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.