[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is reddit known for being liberal? One of their largest subs

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

Why is reddit known for being liberal? One of their largest subs is literally dedicated to worshiping Donald Trump and calling people cucks
>>
>>38172306
Doesnt reflect every other sub, vast majority are normie liberals.
>>
Because 95% of their users never touch that shit hole.

I remember when we were liberal. I miss those days. Curse the new generation, literally the worst of all 4chan generations.

inb4 "lol we're the same we just grew up"

The 4chan userbase is still dominated by people 18 and under. You are all shitty newfags.
>>
>>38172306
The_cuck are far more liberal than you seem to think
>>
>plebbit
Fuck off.

Original comment
>>
>>38172350
You don't need to browse reddit to know what The Donald is about. We literally had an influx of them here after 2016
>>
>>38172340
That's not true. I'm an oldfag (Been here for four years) and I can safely say we were always right leaning. Cucks need to stop with the revisionism
>>
>>38172367
Then make a thread on reddit. Nobody here cares. Well, except plebbitor normies, who "been here since 200X".
>>
>>38172380
>four years
>oldfag
Gr8 b8
>>
>>38172340
56% of baby boomers support gay marriage. When they were young people thought gay men were serial killers who would rape you in the bathroom. If boomers moved left as they got older I see no reason gen z wont
>>
>>38172380
>been here for four years

You're a fucking newfag. We were liberal as fuck when I started posting and have been up until you shitters showed up.

>>38172415
I hope so they're fucking unbearable.
>>
>>38172380
4Chan was liberal on immigration and globalization. We hated blacks and women but libertarians always do.
>>
>>38172380
>4 years
Fucking kill yourself, faggot.

I've been here since 07 and I'm still not an oldfag.

And yeah, back then 4chan was liberal. Not left leaning per say, but trumpfags would have been laughed out of here. The only thing worse than a feminist is a fascist.
>>
>>38172415
>>38172340
>tfw conservatism will always be edgy as fuck
>>
>>38172446
Sort of.

4chan used to be liberal. Problem is that we were also edgy neckbeards who would toss around 'nigger' and 'fag' like so much stale confetti. Stormfront and other neo-cons thought we were serious rather than just taking the piss.
>>
>>38172446
>libertarians hate blacks and women
I spotted the redditor.
>>
>>38172340

We were never liberal you stupid cunt.
old 4chan didn't care about politics, that was boring shit.
it's only the recent SJW shit that started in 2011 that turned 4chan into the opposite to combat it and not make 4chan into another hugbox like they did to the rest of the internet because hugboxes aren't funny and are everything that isn't 4chan.
>>
>>38172453

>This

The thing is, 07/08 was the height of the 'lulz' phase, people starting posting those shit cartoons (around blacks never relax) etc in you laugh you lose threads, and they became really popular and reposted a lot because it was shock humour and still relatively fresh.

The thing is, people started to lose the 'its just a joke' point relatively soon after. The same meme-spouting autistic faggots who walked around in guy fawkes masks in real life started to believe it, I think. I also remember there were a few threads on stormfront that were dedicated to creating a right wing discourse on 4chan to encourage the trend but I dont know how much influence it had.

It used to be confined to /new/ but it got deleted because things had gone too far, eventually moot realised he fucked up and needed a containment board but the damage was done. Since then you have /pol/ wastes of space in every thread thinking they're the vanguard of a white revolution for posting racial slurs in every thread.
>>
Because that's their company portraying that and their administration have clear biases.
>how do you know
I looked into this a few years ago when there was thus scandal. Mods on subreddits on that site are kept in strict hierarchy and are struggling for GBP basically.
Back then it was about gawker and censoring mainly.
But I'm sure its full blown political censorship by now.
I agree though. Take this to reddit.

If I were to answer its probably that the US has two very weird political parties. The dems are clearly right wing they're not the most right wing but only a madman would place them on the left without an asterisk saying its only covering the political range of the US. The reps are just corporate puppets really. It's difficult to argue just where they sit because it's largely dependant on other actors.

So when that's your perspective. And you throw just random slightly above average IQ world citizens out there you might see it as leaning left because the viewfinder is off. It's also very easy to change their minds. They don't have solidly founded opinions (like most). So when you put an up vote system on that you're gonna push people towards the cluster. Which is on the left.
>>
>>38172529
Reddit loved Ron Paul though and licks Molyneuxs ass
>>
>>38172306
Reddit is liberal at an institutional level. The owners of the site make sure that all conservative voices are drowned out, or not allowed to be pushed to the top. Otherwise, conservative subreddits do exist, it's just that if anyone tries to post on the "neutral" or "standard" subreddits with an opinion that even agrees with one thing that a conservative states, the mods censor and ban you.
>>
>>38172306
>>38172306
Trumpfags are not far from liberals. Youre all kike worshippers
>>
>>38172392
>>38172445
Yes I am an oldfag. Four years is a long time, if you've been here since like 07 you're technically an oldfag but really youre just pathetic.
>>
>>38172340
Well, young people always have a tendency to rebel against the norm. You were young when you posted first, probably, and that was back in the days of Dubya. Now, leftism has become quite institutional, and if I may hazard an opinion, quite reactionary and authoritarian as well. Not that I think straight-up Nazi-ism is the correct response, but young edgelords that have always populated these imageboard-style websites have little regard for tact.
>>
>>38172656
You're a fucking newfag dude. Anyone who hasn't been here since at least 2009 is new and needs to lurk moar.
>>
>>38172380
>safely
4chan would troll anybody but it was much easier to troll conservatives. the only thing you could call right leaning here was the racism but liberals are just as racist without being open about it in public.

atheism, being career-oriented, social justice, homosexuality, and progressivism were the major topics of any politically charged thread. conservatives were constantly BTFO of 4chan any time they tried to make a retarded point.

the problem is that liberal kids who didn't learn these things naturally, and only through memes or TV, have become the new conservatives, and not only is it easy as fuck to troll them, but it's actually more appealing to be "right leaning" just to resist some of the horseshit waterfall that is liberal media/discussion. racism is still funny too.
>>
>>38172306
>One of their largest subs is literally dedicated to worshiping Donald Trump and calling people cucks
Trump is a liberal though, he's literally the same as Clinton or Obama
>>
>>38172686
Nevermind the fact that it was made private, as to not offend liberal snowflakes.
>>
>>38172686
Trump admits he admires Mussolini. He's redpilled af senpai.
>>
>>38172686
>Trump is a liberal though, he's literally the same as Clinton or Obama
> literally
God I hate that word. No, he really isn't. Also people need to realize that liberal doesn't mean leftists just like conservative doesn't mean rightist. Trump and Shillary may both be corporate ass suckers but I can't think of any other real similarities.
>>
>>38172380
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You aren't an oldfag unless you've been posting for 7-8 years at least. This coming from someone who has been posting for nearly 4.
>>
>>38172770
>Since the TRS podcast is called The Daily Shoah, they can't be owned by jews!!
>>38172786
Name any difference between them
>>
>>38172786
Hillary hates gays and wanted to ban GTA. She also started the birther movement
>>
>>38172873
I'm talking about actual issues, not "Trump plays golf, while Hillary likes animals"
>>
>Donald "Assad has to go" (((Trump)))
>>
>>38172340
you're a faggot for caring about politics at all beyond meme potential
>>
>>38172929
When corporations want to divide and conquer they use Republicans. When they need to unite us and make us pansies they choose Democrats. That's the only real difference.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.