[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>dad calls >pissed I don't want to spend time with

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (98KB, 575x548px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
98KB, 575x548px
>dad calls
>pissed I don't want to spend time with him on the fourth
>tell him I've got plans with friends (I don't)
>tells me I don't spend any time with him
>tries to guilt trip me, says I obviously don't want him in my life
>tell him I never gave any indication of that
>Hangs up
Fuck what is my problem? I never really spent that much time with my dad, usually just every other weekend when I was a kid. He was never abusive or narcissistic or manipulative, but he never really helped me. My mom kept track of most of my life. My dad would always want to "go on adventures" or something like that. He never had shit planned and his house was always a mess. He'd give me gifts or something, but I forgot abou most of them. He was always kind of boring, and lots of times I just really didn't want to see him. I distinctly remember him forcing me to work on a car with him because he "wanted to have memories of us doing fun stuff together." That's probably one of my most upsetting childhood memories. Anyone else know these feels? Why do I feel this way?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1475228899816.jpg (17KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1475228899816.jpg
17KB, 540x540px
>>38150724
you're a complete faggot OP. what the fuck is wrong with having a great relationship with your dad? according to your post he is a great person for trying to spend quality time with you, actually giving you stuff and you keep acting like an asshole.
>>
>>38151101
I'm probably a big part of it, you are right. But I feel almost betrayed sometimes. He wasn't really there for me when I needed an actual parent. He never really wanted to deal with me when I was at my worst. I'd describe it more like he was an uncle than a father
>>
>>38151208
No he's not right, he's full of shit.

You didn't develop a good relationship with your dad. Because you were a child and he adult, that's purely his fault. Now that you're an adult you can try to be civil with him but you don't owe him anything as such.
>>
>>38150724
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bSwL9deXNW8

Gotta make this oorspronklik
>>
File: tumblr_n3a9gvawc61qjz3kqo1_1280.png (389KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n3a9gvawc61qjz3kqo1_1280.png
389KB, 853x480px
So, he taught you how to stand up straight, look people in the eye, and give them firm handshakes -- and this is how you repay him?
>>
>>38151919
Seconding this. Your dad is a bad dad, you don't want to spend time with him because you haven't and won't enjoy it, and it's his fault.

You might as well tell him that if you don't mind making him rage/get depressed.
>>
>>38150724

Sometimes, you gotta do this stuff for other people. He's lonely and reaching out, and you're being a selfish shit.

You'll be in his shoes someday.
>>
>>38152547
>implying OP will ever originally have kids
>>
THe fucking things is you are going to regret it when he is gone... I spent so little time with my dad and he suddenly found out he got cancer.
FUCK YOU ANON YOU MADE ME SAD
>>
he was a selfish trash subhuman who left you and your mom and clearly never truly cared about you and is only desperate now that he's old and lonely and random roasties don't want to fuck him anymore

tell him to kill himself desu, he's a garbage pseudohuman who doesn't deserve to steal your oxygen
>>
>>38150724
What a piece of shit you are. Grow a pair you little faggot
>>
youre an ass. Do shit for your family, karma will bite you in the ass. Maybe he's boring, but hes your dad and he hasnt been too much of shitty one
>>
>>38150724
If you really wanted to spend time with your dad then that's what you'd be doing right now. You're posting online about how pissed off you are and you've said yourself that you don't have any pleasant memories of him and that you actually have a very upsetting memory of him so I'd say that if you really don't want to and think he's being an ass then you're right to not want to see him.

It's hard to really tell from what you've said, but this is something you should evaluate yourself. Sometimes you've gotta realize that he's a person too and is flawed. If you think he really does care about you and is just terrible at showing it then maybe you can forgive him or if you think he's a negative force in your life then maybe you should cut him out.

I dunno why so many others here are angry at you. The fact that you're questioning your decision and want advice means that you aren't a selfish asshole. We don't know your life situation and can't judge too deeply.
>>
>>38152734
I'm not angry at him it's more like I'm emotionally distressed. I'm really torn because I know cutting my father out of my life is a terrible thing to do. But I also don't find spending time with him to be enjoyable. Im very conflicted
>>
>>38152430
He didn't teach me any of these things, but expected me to learn by throwing me into the situation. He did push me out of my comfort zone which isn't always bad but sometimes it was way too far, like having me register hotel rooms with no prior experience in the matter. He'd hand me a debit card and go off to grab something else to put in the shopping cart and expect me to know the difference between debit and credit and get annoyed when I mess up
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.