[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are small houses a meme?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 117d9a42f9c45f1c765989a8feb2c5e2.jpg (235KB, 564x1918px) Image search: [Google]
117d9a42f9c45f1c765989a8feb2c5e2.jpg
235KB, 564x1918px
Are small houses a meme?
>>
>>38147640
Kinda. Because anons tend to massively overstate the ease and underestimate the costs required to get something like this off the ground. See also
>living in shipping containers
>mini houses/cucksheds
It's a good idea, and a possible money saver. But you still need to buy or rent land, pay people to build or move a home/container and make it a viable living space. You need water, power and an internet connection- all of these cost money up front on top of regular payments.

So overall a 6/10 meme. Viable, but one that requires a solid dose of reality first
>>
>>38147640
KEKSHED
U
C
K
S
H
E
D
>>
Yes. Comfy might be well in the start but soon you'll realize that it's just cramped.
>>
A girl at work fell for this meme. Usually we can go along with other's idiotic fetishes, but whenever she would bring up the benefits of her tiny house, she would constantly be refuted by normies. She doesn't bring it up anymore
>>
>>38147743
Go on what are the cons of a tiny house besdies what this guy already said.
>>38147677
>>
I thought about this and I don't see why someone doesn't just get a mobile home.

Aren't those cheap and save the planet or whatever tiny houses are suppose to do.
>>
>>38147640
why would you willingly live in a cuckshed
>>
>>38147640
I think TINY houses are a meme, but smaller houses are good

I grew up in a 3500 sqft McMansion and there was so much wasted space.

But I love my 600sq ft studio I moved into out of college its so comfy.
>In unit W/D
>Full Kitchen
>Central air that takes minutes to heat/cool
>Everything is close by

The only thing that sucks is that it cost close to 2k a month in rent.

I'm thinking of buying empty plot in the bay area and just building a tasteful ~1000 sq/ft 3bed 2bath home, which is about the size of an apartment here in the bay.
>>
>>38147915
>The only thing that sucks is that it cost close to 2k a month in rent.
get the fuck out of here normie scum. you grew up rich and with white privilege, this is not the board for you.
>>
I think it is pretty comfy if you dont have anyone to live with. I've been living in my 61 square meter commieblock flat for 7 years so far and it has never felt cramped
>>
Small houses aren't really a meme, tiny houses are. Those shitty 200sq ft glorified trailers on tv and stuff. My mother watches all that shit, one time they had a single mother (go figure) moving her two EARLY TEENAGE KIDS AND DOG into one that was like 280sq ft, raving about how it was "the perfect fit" for her and her family, and so on. I felt so bad for the kids and dog. You could tell they weren't real keen on the idea but were forcing themselves because muh tv show and whatever else their mother inflicted on them.
>>
File: 1426545145613.png (1MB, 1280x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1426545145613.png
1MB, 1280x1080px
>>38147954
But I'm a cyborg/wagie

>khv
>Never dated
>No friends
>Only personality is a business like nod and smile.

I didn't get a 1 bedroom cause I knew I would never have anyone over and in my free time I eat at my desktop and just rollover to my bed and sleep.
>>
>>38147677

To be honest I don't think anyone suggests that tiny houses are a good way forward as a housing option for the poor. Most people pursuing tiny houses as a life-style are middle class university graduates who generally have moderate amounts of resources at their disposal (often through obliging family) as an understandable response to the increase in living costs versus the comparative wage stagnation experienced in most western countries combined with their desire for more personal time.
>>
>>38147640
Depends. I live in a tiny apartment and it's plenty for my needs. I don't understand large houses, so much more to clean and most of it is just empty space.
>>
>Live in a studio apartment for years
>Decided to live in a house.
>Want something bigger than my apartment, but not big.
>Decided to build a tiny house
>Start to price it
>Realize it will cost me the same as 3 bed room house.

It's kinda a meme.
>>
>>38147773
>The clutter is insane. You never know how much random shit you leave lying around until you've lived in a smaller space.
>"Comfy" becomes "cramped" really quickly. Especially if you're there with someone else.

The biggest con, like that guy said, is still the cost. By the time you've paid for contractors, taxes, land, materials, etc you'd have been better off taking out a loan for a custom stick built house.
>>
>>38148126
You are going to take out a loan for a normal house as well.
>>
>>38147640
Yes.

I saw this episode of Tiny House Nation where this family with 2 boys and a girl wanted all 5 of them to live together in like 350 square feet. They had a loft that was like 150 square feet above the main level, and the guys were like "Yo, we can give your 13 year old faptastic son his own space." and the parents were all "Fuck no, he can live with his brother." and they gave the girl her own room and used the loft as a "family room"

Honestly, putting yourself before your children in that aspect is fucked. give the kid his own room so he doesn't have to jerk off with some 8 year old retard.
>>
>>38147640
All houses are a meme
>>
It's certainly not the best value in dollars per sqft. And not owning any land with it defeats most of the upsides of home ownership.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.