[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many of you get existential dread when you think about your

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_4733.jpg (25KB, 332x291px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4733.jpg
25KB, 332x291px
How many of you get existential dread when you think about your eventual death? I'm currently experiencing it.
>>
File: 1488684808281.jpg (60KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488684808281.jpg
60KB, 960x720px
>>38142832
I've always thought how it'd be mentally. Like, do we just stop all thought process? I'm wondering what it's like.
>>
>>38142864
I think you just cease to exist, which terrifies me.
>>
>grandparents will one day die
>siblings will one day die
>oneitis will someday die not next to you
>all your friends on r9k will one day die
>you will one day die
>>
>>38142832
>>38142910
Death isn't scary, dying is, which is a part of life. Life is scary, death is peace.
>>
File: IMG_4731.jpg (27KB, 663x323px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4731.jpg
27KB, 663x323px
The worst part about all of this is that your death is constantly getting closer, and unavoidable. You have a limited amount of time, and are using it up right now. No matter what you do you'll run into the wall at the end of your life that is death, and you'll no longer exist.
>>
>>38142832

I had this for quite a bit as well OP. What worked for me and I'm not joking when I say this, was eating around 5g of psilocybin containing mushrooms and experiencing ego death.
>>
>>38143100
What was the ego death experience like?
>>
>>38142832
im the opposite. knowing that eventually this will all be over makes me feel content.
>>
>>38143201

As the mushrooms kicked in there was a gradual loss of traditional reality. First the physical world changed via hallucinations both visual and auditory. Following that a massive mind fuck occurred, that's when methods of thinking get twisted into themselves. Eventually you forget where you are and even who you are. My advice would be to start using gradually increasing dosages of physches to see how they effect you first.
>>
File: 735735.jpg (16KB, 227x315px) Image search: [Google]
735735.jpg
16KB, 227x315px
Sometimes.
>dad passed away week ago
>felt really sad few days after his death, but now I feel just numb
>think how he was just here, but not anymore
>think how he used to walk around, speak, go to store etc. but he can't anymore, because he's not here anymore
>he's still here physically, but he's gone mentally, and will never ever come back...
>...or will he? is he watching me right now?
>what if my dad can see me from some parallel dimension?
>when I die, will I meet him again?
>what if I really do meet him again after death, but it will be meaningless because our "spirit" forms can't form the kind of emotions our physical forms can?

This shit makes me anxious as fuck.
>>
>>38143333
what if he's watching you masturbate
>>
File: 246246.jpg (10KB, 236x253px) Image search: [Google]
246246.jpg
10KB, 236x253px
>>38143727
Exactly. What if he watches me getting off to brother-sister hentai?
>>
>>38143778
jesus.
that would be transcendentally disappointing.
>>
File: 1492135627397.png (51KB, 420x359px) Image search: [Google]
1492135627397.png
51KB, 420x359px
>tfw it used to keep me up thinking all night about not existing
>>
>>38142832
I think it's sad when others die but when it gets to me i don't fucking care anymore.

It's to painful to exist but dying doesn't seem like an improvement either
>>
I'm betting on there being a technological singularity where insane future tech will save my life
>>
>>38143823
I'm Ray Kurzweil btw
>>
It's literally the last thing in your life. There's no point worrying about it, you can't change the fact it'll happen.
>>
File: 00112upset.jpg (84KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
00112upset.jpg
84KB, 1280x738px
>>38143321
>Eventually you forget where you are and even who you are.
It's more like you realize there's nothing special about you. "You" is only an illusion your brain creates to aid in your survival. You feel at one with the entire universe, because the matter that you're made of has existed since the beginning of time, and when "you" are gone it will still exist until the end of time, if time ever ends. That sense of oneness feels really amazing.
>>
>>38142832
It bothers me because it's a point of no return and also a complete mystery what happens next.

Yet I also enjoy life, and death is a necessary part of life. So if you never existed you would never have to worry about death. Everything alive currently will eventually die.

I try to just push it to the back of my mind and not let it consume me. Faith in God also helps me a lot. I believe like many processes we are part of a more complex system.

How can infinity exist yet you think somehow you are so special you can break the chain? Just because we stop existing as we are now doesn't mean we do not continue to persist as different forms in the future like a caterpillar turning into a butterfly.

I like to think of it as a leap of faith. Jumping into water where you can't see what is below the surface and seeing what mystery awaits. It's the last stop on your journey here in this life. Isn't it much more likely that you have existed before and you will exist again compared to you just happened to exist by chance and then you never will again?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.