[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to work full time while going to college full

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

Is it possible to work full time while going to college full time? Fuck I wish I had rich parents that would support me reeee
>>
>>38136099
You can do it bro. I just registered for full-time classes and work 40hrs a week. 2 classes online 2 classes in the evenings.
>>
>>38136099
yes it is possible
and expected
>>
>>38136099
It's possible, but not easy and it will certainly cost you more money in the long run.
>>
No it's one full time and one part time. Even then you'll be on a tight schedule
>>
>>38136238

How so?

>centre oliviers
>>
I did it,very hard but possible
>>
>>38136238
>it's going to cost you more money
>literally working a job that pays for all of it

>inb4 it's because you're not taking as many classes so you'll go longer
>>
>>38136255
Like this guy said.
>>38136246

You either become a full time student and part time worker or vice versa. Most likely you will have to be a part time student. Which means it will take you longer to get your degree. Which means more money.
>>
>>38136099
It is entirely possible but it's not easy and you will really need to focus on time management. Your ability to succeed really comes down to home much time you want to spend asleep or shitposting/wasting time. If you were to focus solely on day to day life, work and college you could certainly do it if you don't have any leisure time.
>>
>>38136295
>literally working a job that pays for all of it

What is this magical job?
>>
>>38136351
Get an associates degree from a community college and get a job with that. I'm only 21 and I'm getting paid $50k a year, I've already bought a home, and I'm starting university next semester. Step your fucking game up dude.
>>
>>38136439
>Get a job that will pay for college
>What jobs is that?
>uhh I have a job bro

Are you a retard. Do you not know what a question is. Also I make more than you.
>>
I did it. Worked 8 hours on Friday, 20 hours on Saturday, and 12 hours on Sunday as an industrial mechanic. Ended up making way more driving a truck, so college was pointless.
>>
>>38136099
Maybe

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biphasic_and_polyphasic_sleep
>>
File: veryevilhandshakedadreversed.png (194KB, 255x239px) Image search: [Google]
veryevilhandshakedadreversed.png
194KB, 255x239px
>>38136099
"Son, you mean to tell me that you haven't done so already?"
>>
>>38136489
Ok asshole. I work for a civil engineering firm that's contracted by the county.

>Also I make more than you
So? I have enough to purchase a home and still pay for college. You're the one who asked what magic job I had that could pay for college.
>>
>>38136599
>You're the one who asked what magic job I had that could pay for college.

Your said that there was a job that would pay for his college. Key words there is for his college. Saying going to community college, get a job, and pay for it his self isn't the same thing.

>Ok asshole. I work for a civil engineering firm that's contracted by the county.

What are the odd I work for a software firm that also is contracted by the county.
>>
>>38136099
why not just study part time
>>
>>38136760
Cause I want to get done with college as soon as possible
>>
Working nights full time is probably the best choice cause it doesn't conflict with your school schedule
>>
>>38136351

Not that guy but I work for Pepsi Bottling group and they'll pay for your college but I think you have to stay like 2-3 years after finishing
>>
>>38136099
yeah I do it but fuck man its hard. My GPA is not that great cause I always am too sleepy to study
>>
Guys I need to run and hit the gym at least 5 times a week or else the demons come back and control me and I go on r9k and b again. I'm going back to school this coming semester and gonna work full time how the fuck am I gonna fit in my workouts in this too? It's honestly the only thing that gives meaning to my life I wish someone would understand I'm not cut out for this shot I literally need this workout as meditation or else I can't function.

FUCKXKXKDNEJDJDMXMXMXMXMXMXMCJCHDNDNDNDN
>>
>>38136099
Depends how many credit hours.
1 credit hour is 1 hour of class per week.
12 cr hrs is 12 hours of class per week and classifies you as a full-time student, which is 4 3-credit classes
brainlets say you should study for 3 hours for every 1 hour in class, which equates to 48 hours of work every week. I do stem and need probably half or less of that, so ymmv.
if you don't care about grades and just want a degree, and you're not retarded, you could maybe get away with 15-20 hours a week commitment just to get homework finished. Should be very doable for 40-45ish hours work a week.
Gets a lot harder if you take more classes. No, you can't take 20 credit hours and be full-time worker, unless you want to get a stimulant addiction and a heart condition.
>>
Non meme answer. This last spring I was working 3rd shift, 4 8 hour shifts a week (32 hours a week) and taking 17 credits. My job offered me a loooot of down time where I could work on school work, so getting the work done wasn't that bad. But because if my schedule I was having class 8 to 3:50 then work 11 to 7. So days I worked I'd sleep for 6 hours after class and then take like a two hour nap from 11 to 1. If I worked that day it was pretty much wake up tired at 10:20 to get ready for work, grab food on the way to work from 11 to 7 while doing college stuff in my down time, still dead tired. Get off at 7 and wait in my classroom browsing til class started at 8. Then more class til my short nap that I needed but left me more tired for the next few hours. Grab food truck lunch on my way to class til 3:50. Get home and asleep hopefully by 4:15 and wake up the next day at 10:20. Then my 3 days off I still had class for one of them. The other two would be catching up on sleep and work with maybe 15 hours total a week of relaxing time. I still had to like do laundry and shop and clean from those 15 hours. It's possible and I could do it for a year maybe two but it's miserable. If I had just been able to get 8 hours of sleep straight it would've been so much more bearable.
>>
>>38136099
yes, as long as its not engineering or something technical that has a lot of projects.
If you are math major, business, or humanities its very do-able.
>>
>>38138045
Ohh and I would say once to twice a week I'd have some project or test that I'd need to work on which meant I couldn't get to sleep til 6 or 7 which meant those days I was getting like 3-4 hours of sleep plus my 2 hour nap
>>
>>38136099
I did, worked 6-12 weekdays and all day saturday. did all the work sunday.
>>
>>38136099
Yes but why would you?
>want better life
So you nuke your life then? The only real reason people after doing it don't regret it, is not because of the reward of getting your education, but because you finally stopped torturing yourself. You're already dreading it so it's not worth it, you're not driven enough to get through the pain and are a robot.
>>
>>38136295
>having a job that allows for you to get through college without going into debt
What? Do you live by yourself then? Because if not, then WHY EVEN PUT YOURSELF THROUGH COLLEGE YOU ALREADY HAVE MONEY

And all jobs suck. People go to work to get paid, not because they like it.
>>
>>38136439
Just so you know, 50 k is slightly about average pay in murika. And you're not like sixteen, having five years of experience to finally reach average pay for your country is not actually that impressive sounding to me.
>>
>>38136599
>getting a job at a civil engineering firm str8 out of HS that pays 50 k a year

Such implications.
>>
File: tffw.jpg (11KB, 267x189px) Image search: [Google]
tffw.jpg
11KB, 267x189px
>being a wage slave and studentcuck
Will normalfags ever learn?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.