[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you explain the book you're reading to a curious

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: Kokoro Natsume Soseki.jpg (20KB, 220x342px) Image search: [Google]
Kokoro Natsume Soseki.jpg
20KB, 220x342px
How do you explain the book you're reading to a curious bystander without looking like a weirdo?

>you are at work reading a book on your lunch break
>co-worker asks you about the book you are reading

What kind of spoiler-free response would you give? Too long of a response you might bore them. Too short and they'll think you're bothered by them. The book also deserves to accurately described.

How do I explain Kororo without spoiling anything and not looking like a weirdo/weeaboo?!
>>
>>38124505
>How do I explain Kororo without spoiling anything and not looking like a weirdo/weeaboo?!
1. you're not going to spoil anything because they're never going to read it, they hardly give a shit about the book itself, they're just asking because they're curious about why you're reading it.
2. just use general terms like "it's a japanese novel set in so-and-so where such-and-such happens". that's literally all you need to say. they'll ask you how you're liking it and you tell them whether it's bad, okay, or good. there
>>
File: metamorphisis.jpg (35KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
metamorphisis.jpg
35KB, 460x276px
explain this book
>>
>ANON, IS THAT EVYL GOMMUNIST MARX????
>>
File: r9k goodreads.jpg (754KB, 1235x2049px) Image search: [Google]
r9k goodreads.jpg
754KB, 1235x2049px
are any of these okay to read in public?
>>
>>38125023
Bloke turns into a centipede and his sister's fit.
>>
>>38126050
All of these are okay.
(I use a cover leaflet for books that are not.)
>>
Fun antics and hijinks in ancient greek city states
>>
Just read at home, you attention whoring bitches.
>>
>>38127570
Fuck you too. I read at home, during my lunch break at work, on my way to/from work in public transport. Been carrying a book around with me as often as possible since first grade. It makes me less anxious (and back then it sometimes made bullies ignored me as I did not make any provocative eye contact while reading).
>>
>>38128034
If it makes you feel less anxious, i can sympathize, however many faggots simply read in public so the rest of the world sees they are "cultured".
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.