[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are there so few good female musicians?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (112KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
112KB, 1920x1080px
Why are there so few good female musicians?
>>
>>38109636
Because there are few good female anythings.
>>
>>38109636
They can get by on being cute rather than being creative, and do.
>>
>>38109636
>Why are there so few good female musicians?
Women have no incentive to develop skills because it's not necessary for their survival strategy

the only things which matter for a woman are those which affect their aesthetics and beauty - these are the kinds of skills girls might be willing to work on

Stuff like makeup, fashion, dancing, singing, working out, women are into stuff like that
>>
>>38109697
The best makeup artists and fashion designers are still men.

Really gets the old noggin itching.
>>
>>38109636
Women don't need to work hard to have success in life, so many don't even know how to be good at something.
>>
>>38109636
Because you listen to mainly male dominated genres. Classical and traditional music are both full of talented female performers and artists, and there's plenty in certain genres of popular music as well.
>>
>>38110020
>postwar classical music
>>
>>38110128
Who said that? Unless you are talking about exclusively composers and don't consider performers musicians (which would be ridiculous), there have always been plenty of women in classical music.
>>
File: 1422633468109.png (454KB, 414x499px) Image search: [Google]
1422633468109.png
454KB, 414x499px
>>38109659
>when the first post is also the best post

I came here to say this exact thing.
>>
>>38109636
Theres literally tons of good female musicians though. You're gay
>>
New Feist and Paramore albums are briddy gud t b q h
>>
>>38109636
Fucking hell I want to eat out her asshole so badly
>>
I'll give you a biological answer. High testosterone is linked to increased competitiveness. Since women's testosterone levels are naturally lower than even a low t male's testosterone levels, logically, they are less competitive, and feel less of an urge to compete for the top.
>>
>>38110020
Only somewhat noteworthy female composers I know are Fanny Mendelssohn and Nanerl Mozart (both of whom are nothing compared to their brothers), and Lili Boulanger and Amy Beach, who aren't bad but certainly aren't masters.
>>
>>38110469
Oh, and Clara Schumann, but she was probably a better pianist than a composer.
>>
>>38110469
So are performers not considered musicians now? Why do you only care about composers?
>>
>>38110502
Performers are trained monkeys composition is where true genius lies
>>
cant believe meg myers isnt more popular
>>
>>38110529
Sounds like the sort of pretentious nonsense I'd hear on /mu/, have you ever tried playing an instrument? Either way, your opinion of performers is irrelevant since OP asked about female musicians altogether, not composers, so you can't be given an answer and then say "b-but that doesn't count!".
>>
bjork
joni mitchell
nico
patti smith
kate bush
billie holliday
beth gibbons
arethra franklin
bilinda butcher
joanna newsom
alice coltrane
julia holter
etta james
PJ harvey
janis joplin
stevie nicks
tina weymouth
ella fitzgerald
nina simone
lauryn hill
kim gordon
janelle monae
st. vincent
alanis morrisette
erykah badu
tracy chapman

you're right, there's basically none haha women are bad at everything
>>
>>38109636
Grimes isn't good though
>>
>>38110355
But if what she farted while your mouth was in there?
>>
>>38110615
Who is young and cute enough to be my good musician waifu?
>>
If a women isnt atleast a 7/10 she has no chance along with the fact that attractive women never have to do anything
>>
>>38110598
I both play an instrument and compose, so I know what's what.
All the greatest performers are male anyhow.
>>
>>38110615
I was for some reason racking my brain after OPs post for good female muscians

but this list is actually really good. especially joni Mitchell and nico.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.