[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the point of doing anything when the universe is

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10

File: 1498977909454.jpg (50KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1498977909454.jpg
50KB, 380x380px
what's the point of doing anything when the universe is going to end eventually?

what's our end goal? we can't stop the universe from ending. we can't stop entropy. are we going to try to leave for a different dimension? what if that's not possible? 20 billion years down the drain. why bother?
>>
There isn't necessarily a point , but you're already here, regardless. Might as well make the best of it.
>>
File: 1491494919725.jpg (32KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
1491494919725.jpg
32KB, 400x267px
I hope that we'll get reincarnated into a new universe after this one ends. Sadly, it doesn't seem very scientifically logical.
Still, I guess we should just make the most of the time we have.
>>
in 125 years every single person currently on earth will be dead

2142. everyone will be gone. what an odd thought. an entire new earth of people.
>>
It doesn't end. Nothing is destroyed, just as nothing is ever really created. It is all illusion. All different twists of infinite consciousness. All that really exists is infinite love, peace and happiness - which is essentially the removal of all resistance and all suffering. We call it magic because we seldom experience it. However, we can't know what such an experience is without knowing what's on the polar opposite end, because how can you know something if you have nothing to compare it to? Time and space is also an illusion. Everything that has ever happened, will happen or is happening, is happening right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wLwxmjrZj8
>>
The life of anything isnt discredited by the innevitable death. You're living in the present buddy.

If your goal is to change the universe no it wont happen. With value being human defined theres no say that our control over the universe is for better or for worse.
>>
>>38105306
We'll eventually build a new universe. A bigger one. It'll be bigger and better and more high-tech and have racing stripes.

Maybe we'll ascend beyond. Maybe this entropy stuff will turn out to be bullshit. Maybe we'll find this universe borders another one we'll simply leave this one when it dies and move on, in a mass megaexodus.
>>
>>38105306
With how little we know about the universe it's way too early a call to be saying what we can and can't do in a million years' time.
That aside, there's no point measuring the relevancy of your life on that scale. There is no inherent point to anyone's life, it's whatever you make of it.
>>
OP is right inevitably with the passage of time humanity will die.
This planet will be nothing but dust and any strand of human life will not be found.
We will all fade to the sands of time and be forgotten so what's the point?
>>
>>38105409
>implying surviving that long
>>
File: 1497691639831.jpg (526KB, 2048x1366px) Image search: [Google]
1497691639831.jpg
526KB, 2048x1366px
Ah, I see you've delved into existentialism, my friend. May I provide this image and some of my own wisdom?
Life is meaningless and none of it matters. Our lives are insignificant and (ultimately) even if we leave a legacy it'll die too.
The only thing we can do is enjoy the ride, OP. Whether there's a reason to enjoy the ride - or anything at all is a different matter. Because at the end of the day, we're just lumps of atoms, chemicals and cells that form together to form us. A being able to comprehend its own meaningless and futility, and able to understand the universe around it.
It's beautiful, in an absurd way.
>>
>>38107362
Operette Morali doesn't have anything in common with nietzsche. It's the most pessimistic and nihilistic work by Leopardi.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1495759738815.jpg (94KB, 591x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1495759738815.jpg
94KB, 591x960px
>>38105306
>he fell for the "universe is gone die" meme
>mainstream theory accepted cuz much science is only one correct.
>not knowing human perception and understanding of the universe is still very limited
>people thought/still think earth was flat/had an orbiting Sun/ was carried by a giant turtle
>not realizing that we could be just another hologram, or perhaps we twist the universe through sheer will
>not realizing that tomorrow never dies and it's always an adventure.
Just stop being such a massive faggot senpai and enjoy the ride. Become a legend, don't buy into the easy answer, don't be an autistic pussy cawnt.
Do it fag.
>>
Why do you even care, Anon? Do the things that make you happy! Be a rebel! Tell the Universe to go fuck itself. So what if it's absurd? If you wanna do it, do it! What do you have to lose?
>>
>we can't
Speak 4 urself
>>
>>38107582
>not realising humanity will always be tethered to the moment of time.
>not realising that no matter how much technology advances there will be a day when humanity dies out.
>not realizing that 'tomorrow' is always a uncertainty and may possibly not come
>not realising that any change or legacy you left on the world will simply wash away with the passage of time
Just end this horrible experience
>>
>>38107836
What are you going to do against the eventual end of the universe and the passage of time?
>>
>>38105306
Oh the grandiose expectations of life, there is no real "point" to life, you're born, you experiences things through your senses and then you expire
Only point to life is anything that keeps you alive, you sound like you're pretty depressed person so i can understand if life seems meaningless at this point of your life
If you want some content in your life do something spontaneous within the limits of your finances, take a road trip, go to a park, any change brings new experiences which help prevent stagnation of mind
>>
>>38107905
I stop it . I do it before Il do it again
>>
>>38107954
The hero we deserve
In the original typing fashion
>>
>>38107993
nah, you dont deserve me. Il do it beacuse is the right thing 2 do
>>
File: 1499019645651 (1).jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499019645651 (1).jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
>>38105368
Why can't we make the best of ot then?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1492495784004.jpg (13KB, 500x307px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1492495784004.jpg
13KB, 500x307px
>>38107872
Top kek
Then you're just being a lazy fuck
If you gonna do it, then do it senpai baka desu.
Do not waste our time with your dead weight, you already gave up.
>>
>>38105306
there is no point, no end goal. that's what's so great about life, just go and enjoy it, without worrying about what happens after you die
>>
>>38105306
Kill yourself you pathetic waste of space 18 year old normie!!!!!!!
>>
>>38105306
dude i ask myself the same thing every day then get back to 100%ing COD ghosts and bloons tower defence 5
>>
File: 1351126616771.gif (753KB, 500x469px) Image search: [Google]
1351126616771.gif
753KB, 500x469px
>>38105306
Worrying about the "points" of things is silly.

Just do things to please yourself. That's what I do.

Or don't do things to please yourself. I don't really care what you do, if it doesn't affect me.
>>
there is no point, live your own life, do what you wanna do, be who you want to be. Exist and enjoy it. Thats the point
>>
>>38108425
>>38108475
>>38108130
There has to be a point to this life
I refuse to believe we were placed here just to have as much pleasure as we can before dying.
There has to be something greater to this.
>>
>>38108650
maybe there is, maybe there isn't but it doesn't really matter until we find it. I say we should all just try to enjoy life as much as possible until that point
>>
How do you know the universe is going to end? Humans haven't even explored 100% of their own home planet yet they think they know about the universe.
>>
>>38108650
Well, unfortunately, what you believe doesn't impact things. You'll find out when you enter sweet nothingness at the end of your existence.
>>
>>38108089
Nah suicide is to complicated. Think i rather stick around and fuck with shit until some natural or accidental death occurs. Fuck the rest of humanity anyway, i'm glad if i make them suffer.
>>
File: 1495955636757.jpg (165KB, 1080x990px) Image search: [Google]
1495955636757.jpg
165KB, 1080x990px
Watched this movie recently, this scene really resonated with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hij_iSo8y0&list=PLyAMsGc1vHf3zx-iXKAZE8TGvx1QEptXn
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.