[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wageslave thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1461779100172.png (43KB, 312x390px) Image search: [Google]
1461779100172.png
43KB, 312x390px
About to become a wageslave working graveyard grocer shift at a walmart, anyone here done it before? how was it?
>>
>>38066453
If you don't kill yourself after six weeks, you'll have broken the world record
>>
>>38066453
get a 3rd shift warehouse job. never work with customers for wageslave wages.
>>
Better than a lot of things.
Just pop in your headphones and put shit on shelves. Easy as fuck especially if you're not an annoying extrovert who can't work alone.
>>
I work as a grocery stocker, have done so for like 10 years. Not overnight though, that's very rare around here. If you can listen to music, it should be chill as fuck.
Is the store open while you stock?
>>
>>38066488
>>38066528
idk if i can listen to music, but its 11pm-4am so there isnt anyone around but 7ish of us
>>
Some of the worst customers come in at night. Drunks and petty criminals.
>>
I currently do it. It drains me and some people I work with are very rude. Most people are fine though. I'm trying like crazy to get another day job that's in my area.

I could be extra descriptive but that would just be redundant. The worst thing is how I can never get used to the night routine completely. Second worst thing is doing it at my age and seeing younger people coming in the store looking happy and energetic looking and well dressed and social.
>>
>>38066487
Warehouse jobs are god tier as far as wagekek jobs go. No social interaction, don't have to rely on fuckers to show up on time so you can leave, and generally better pay than retail or fast food.
>>
>>38066552
>5 hour shift to fuck up your entire life
lol nah. Graveyard is a fucking nightmare logistically. Unless you're making the big bucks getting shift differential and full time hours it's not fucking worth it.
There's no time to do anything but sleep and once you wake up everything's closed.
>>
>>38066620

Yes I work 8 hour night shifts and it's not worth it. I only do it for money and because I got the job at a time where I was literally on the verge of being homeless. And with absolutely no money.
>>
>>38066792
same.
I held out as long as I could but the only fucking job I could find was graveyard. As I type I'm in an exhausted stupor halfway between sleep and being awake.
>>
>>38066867

How long did you hold out? I don't want to be redundant with too many details. But a co-worker of mine actually browses this board so I have to be discreet. I really hope I can find a day job in my area soon and quit the night one. The atmosphere can get really bitter and it's awful when the day staff come in and look down at us in the morning.
>>
File: 1489728042579.jpg (75KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1489728042579.jpg
75KB, 960x960px
Since this is a wagecuck thread I might as well ask here. How do you guys prevent foot pain or make it stop? I tried insoles and even new shoes and nothing is helping. I have to stand up for around 8 hours and it's torture.
>>
any ukfags here? starting nightshift at sainsburys soon 16 hours a week on the weekend for 3 months temporary contract. i'm glad it's temporary because i could not imagine how horrible it would be to do nightshift permanently, pay is very good though
>>
>>38066954
Until I could not afford next months rent. Then I spammed every job board, staffing agency, and newspaper I could find and took every offer I got which was exactly 2 and they were both graveyard shift.
>>
>>38067228

That's horrible. So what night shift job are you working now? Please tell me it's not in a grocery store.
>>
File: me fastfood bus feels.jpg (45KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
me fastfood bus feels.jpg
45KB, 500x375px
>>38066453

that would be comfy as fuck in the uk, but in the states not so much

i work at mcdicks, night shifts are sort of ok but fuck your day life up

i feel physically sick before going in for a shift i hate it so fucking much, pic related is me except i drive a shitty scooter
>>
>>38067124
It's something that gets better with time.
But I also use gel insoles, and I lean or sit down as often as I can.
Short of that, just suffer through it and take tylenol when necessary.
>>
>>38067281
I'm in a factory. I'd prefer a grocery store, but I doubt they pay as much.
>>
>>38067220

>guy in my class at college (not uni, only level 3)
>my age, 21
>finish first year
>second year he gets same as you, 16 hr night shift at sainsburys
>he gets a car
>tells me he doesnt want to do our course anymore and is going to do his maths and science a levels at home without going to college or 6th form
>few people at my work (mcnobs) who've tried to do the same thing but ended up stuck in mcnobs purgatory
>try to warn him
>he drops out anyway
>months later i see him on steam every day playing games between working at sainsburys
>hes a kv and f he stuck at out course hed be going to uni like in 2 months

if they keep you after 3 months, which they will, then be very careful you dont end up a permanent wagecuck
>>
>>38067124
Took me about three months before I got used to it with inserts. Take painkillers if it hurts too much
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.