[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't you became a fireman yet /r9k/? The best job

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 8a5[1].png (396KB, 507x450px) Image search: [Google]
8a5[1].png
396KB, 507x450px
Why haven't you became a fireman yet /r9k/?
The best job senpais

>Everyone loves you (unlike those "evil" cops)
>Get respect
>Hang out with bros all day
>Get paid to work out on the job (I even get paid to sleep sometimes)
>Get to drive in the truck breaking all the street laws.
>Very few women to bitch at you.

It's not even as dangerous as people would make you think. I might see a fire once or twice every year or so, most of the time I just help people while we wait for the paramedics to come.
>>
>>38049378
Isn't that volunteer work?
>>
I'm in SoCal so no. Too many dumbass Mexicans starting fires here
>>
>>38049378
I wanted to, but where I live it's basically impossible to get in unless you have some serious connections.
>>
Because I want the roasties to roast.
>>
>>38049400
only small towns have only a volunteer department
>>
>>38049378
Fireman here. My fire department isn't volunteer per say but pay is so low it's considered as it.

>everyone loves you
In general, there is also a bunch that hate us because we seem to not work at all. Also, lots of pressure from every citizen. I once took a wrong turn for a minor intervention and got stuck for a few minutes in a roundabout and could feel everyone judging me. Shit happens

>get respect
Yes

>hang out with bros all day
It's not always like that but yeah it's mostly true. Remember that you can also be stuck with a group that you absolutely hate

>get paid to work out
True but some cities kinda prohibit working out. Why? Because they don't want to be liable for anykind of injuries

>get to drive truck and break street laws
Only if there is an emergency and even then, you gotta be extremely careful when burning a red light

>very few women bitch at you
True but they don't come flocking at you. If you were unsuccesful with women before being fireman, it will not change much. But it will help

>not that dangerous
True, in my department it's very peaceful. But you gotta be at your 100% when shit happens

Honestly, the hardest thing is getting hired in a full time department. Last fall, there were 100 places for around 4000 candidates. It's fucking competitive

t.canadian fireman
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.