[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I handle being wrong?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: dont quite get it.jpg (201KB, 1020x1125px) Image search: [Google]
dont quite get it.jpg
201KB, 1020x1125px
I tear up when someone points a flaw in my arguments.
>>
Grow some balls and realize nobody is always right.
>>
>>38034874
I am the same exact way. From an early age, I was made to look like a fool in many a argument and sometimes I would also tear up if not completely cry.

Over the past few years, I've simply adopted an indifferent approach to anything and everything. They can't prove you wrong if you have no opinions on anything and don't care one way over the other. I like to think myself superior over others for adopting this stance, but in the back of my head, I know I am a spineless idiot who cannot hold his own in any type of argument and the thought of even getting into a debate with someone makes my heart race.
>>
>>38034892
but its rude of you to call me out, especially in public. I don't have time to defend myself and I can't think on the spot.
>>
>crying
>in an argument
>being wrong
Hahaha faggot hahaha
>>
>>38034874
Maybe you could try having fact based opinions that arent utter garbage.
>>
>>38034910
>but its rude of you to call me out, especially in public
How is it rude? If you're arguing with somebody then you should expect them to make a counterpoint or pick your side apart. That's how arguments work.
>>
Its not that you cant handle being wrong, its that your self esteem is so fragile that the slightest slip up makes you fall apart.

In the long run, you have to be less hard on yourself.
For now, laugh it off and ask the other person to explain it to you. Remember all the times you have beeb right and give yourself a break. Ignorance is not a bad trait, insecurity is.
>>
"being wrong" is just the process of realizing you were wrong. Instead of getting down in the dumps about it take it as an opportunity to stop being wrong.
>>
>>38034974
>How is it rude? If you're arguing with somebody then you should expect them to make a counterpoint or pick your side apart.

It's incredibly rude because if I had time, I would be able to formulate a great counterpoint and probably pick you apart piece by piece.

Instead you put me on the spot and I can't think that fast. You're taking advantage of the situation and you need to stop now.
>>
>>38034874
see the ability to be wrong as a strength (which it is). don't attack yourself to the outcome of a debate. if you do that you already lost.
>>
>>38034874
>I tear up when someone points a flaw in my arguments.

Make a disparaging comment about their appearance.
>>
File: IMG_2510.jpg (39KB, 524x524px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2510.jpg
39KB, 524x524px
>>38034874
I'm the same way. Working on improving, but it's tough. Cripplingly low self-esteem has been the primary driving force of my life since I was a child. Kind of hard to just snap out of it.
>>
>>38035041
Thanks man, that really helped me tonight. Any other tips on how to laugh things off or not take it so close to heart?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.