[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys come up with usernames?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

All my usernames are something unoriginal like a name or a word or something. I can't come up with a real username that isn't a reference to something.
How do you guys do it? How do you come up with an original username?
>>
>>38015801
Just use a random name generator.
one of my "handles" is a real word with a letter changed.
>>
All names are a reference to something else otherwise they are just meaningless strings of letters, which aren't too hard to create. If you're trying too hard to be cool just find really obscure words that aren't used anymore.
>>
>>38015801
i guess im just naturally creative
>>
Depends where you're trying to fit in.
If I'm making a username for a video game it's gonna be different than a music website or a weeb chatroom.
>>
>>38015801
I used to have a unoriginal nickname on steam and one of my friend one day misspelled it and i found it funny so i changed it and it s better now actually
>>
>>38015801
i use the nickname my friends gave me when i was younger
>>
File: 1497268480322.jpg (49KB, 646x960px) Image search: [Google]
1497268480322.jpg
49KB, 646x960px
>>38015895
>TRYING to fit in

oriigijnalio
>>
>>38015864
this
>mages
Firestarter
ScaredByAnOwl
>melee
Stray Knight
Destiny
Graves
>name for a couple (you and your friend or pet)
Choices - Matter
LetIt - Sleep
and more that i dont remember
just hav to be creative some people care some dont
>>
File: 1466895674688.png (10KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1466895674688.png
10KB, 429x410px
>>38015801
I just use my real name.
>>
>>38015801
I always used my real name since I'm 30 years old now.
Recently I started using a screen name more in the context of being a brand.
>>
>>38015946
You ain't fooling me with this post. Nobody is this boring.
>>
>>38015801
I dunno i guess i just get creative.
Usually i pick the first part of a name as an adjective something like Lazy, or Damaged, and then an object, name, place or noun as the second part of the name.
My autism...everybody.
>>
>>38016003
(You)
yeah better call them callofdutygodxxX1999x
>>
>>38015801
I have a big text file where I write them down if I get an idea. Usually, they are just the most chuuni and edgy word combinations that I can think of. Then, I proceed to fantasize about how I'm a villain with that name and shout it every time I make an appearance. Often I do it out loud too; my neighbors must think I'm crazy.
>>
Just pick words you like and smash them together. Mine is always Egg because i've always been called egg and Latte because fuck yea lattes.
>>
Just take a cool sounding word and modify it a little. Another way is to take a phrase you like and make the first two-three letters of each word into your username.
>>
>>38015801
My original username was my favorite word and a topic spelled backwards. When that was taken elsewhere I created a back up that was my favorite word and ironically describing myself. When my first choice was again taken on xbox live, i switched permanently to my back up.
>>
File: 1494471717079.jpg (28KB, 410x461px) Image search: [Google]
1494471717079.jpg
28KB, 410x461px
>>38015859
Have been using my username so long that it feels realer then my name :(
>>
File: ketaketa.png (356KB, 640x559px) Image search: [Google]
ketaketa.png
356KB, 640x559px
>His username returns anything other than his forum posts when searched on Google
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.