[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

should i start smoking cigs? i don't really care about

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

File: cigaweed.gif (1MB, 500x396px) Image search: [Google]
cigaweed.gif
1MB, 500x396px
should i start smoking cigs?

i don't really care about stuff like lung cancer and stuff in my 50s to 70s, mostly because i'm trying my best to live a somewhat fulfilling life in my 20s (and i think it's lame to think you're doing well because you're helping yourself 40 years in the future when you're barely holding up right now), i'm mostly looking for the positive effects of nicotine
>>
>>38011926
It provides a good boost, like drinking coffee. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere it helps prevent alzheimers. Because gets the noggin joggin (literally)
>>
>>38011926
I exercised a lot before smoking cigs, so I dont think the nicotine high was as pleasurable for me as it is to your average piece of shit.

I liked the lightheaded feeling but the taste and smell were just too much for me to keep going. Smoked maybe 2-4 cigs a day for a year.

Currently pretty alcoholic. Especially since it is hot, and Im back home, and mom is a total bitch and wont turn on the AC. The booze is like a fast forward button for my life.
>>
The nicotine high will be gone soon and then all that remains is the addiction. It's pointless and expensive and I'm glad I quit.
>>
>>38011926
don't. i've smoked for 7 years and I can tell you its trash. you will enjoy maybe 3-44 cigarettes per day TOPS (on most days probably less) then you will smoke about three times more than that which you won't enjoy, or you will force yourself not to smoke more and be restless/aggitated/displeased while doing so.
>>
Cigs can be a good way to jumpstart yourself into doing something but that only works when you're an early smoker. I've been smoking for two years, sometimes 5 cigs a day, sometimes I wouldn't smoke for a whole month. The buzz fades away rather quickly though and you're probably never gonna feel it again no matter how much you smoke. It boggles my mind how some people can get addicted to this when there's so little joy to had.
Try to find a good brand. Some of them like Viceroys are disgusting because of the chemical taste.
>>
>>38011926
You should probably just start heroin OP.
>>
>>38011926
No. Women hate guys who smoke. You'll be narrowing your dating field.
>>
>>38012226
>narrowing a non existent field
nigga it can't get any narrower
kinda like telling a patient on his deathbed not to do morphine coz it might lead to death
>>
>>38012226
girls are actually more attracted to guys who smoke, not because they smoke but because guys who have a higher tendency to smoke (risk-takers) tend to be more sexually attractive
>>
smoke cigars, they taste way better
>>
>>38012226
That's total bullshit. Cigarettes are a extremely useful tool. If she doesn't like you smoking just don't smoke when you're together.
>>
>>38011926

>who cares about the future man that's hella lame Calabunga dude!!

This is something you're going to immensely regret, even into your thirties.
It's going to be like your 10 year old self saying he want's to take up cutting because who cares about your 20s because your a sad pussy right now.

Just don't, you're going to feel like a fucking idiot. Or do, I honestly don't care if you jumped in front of a truck, being as stupid as you seem to be.
>>
>>38012108
I just want to smoke because I have ADHD and Vyvanse doesn't work anymore
>>
The negatives really do outweigh the benefits. If you want something to get your day started, drink some coffee and if you're a neet or on minimum wage all your money is going to go to the next pack instead of buying something you actually want
>>
>>38011926
If ya got nothing going for you then you could try. Though if you know there's some purpose in your future life, then abstain from it, because it soon loses its charm and becomes an expensive chore. Plus, regardless of what you might think today, being diagnosed with throat cancer that will take month to finish you off while you wallow in incredible misery, having irreparably destroyed lungs and rotten teeth is not as mutable as it looks.
>>
>>38011926
Also, I had the same feelings as you did when I was NEETing hard in my mum's flat. Doing absolutely nothing beside internet surfing and wanking, smoking felt like a notable trait and finally something that also wastes my already useless time. It isn't and you will really get a perspective if you start doing sports or anything worthwhile with your body.
>>
>>38012377
idk, I guess just doesn't feel as bad for me because my dad smoked since he was 17 and quit at 44 and he's fine right now

nearly every male in my family smokes and they're all less autistic and neurotic than me so I feel like they must be getting something out of those nicotine MAOIs that I'm fucking myself over by not getting
>>
>>38012257
Women don't like the smell of cigarettes. It doesn't matter if you are smoking them when you aren't together; you will still stink like cigs and smell like an ashtray. I don't know any women who will date a smoker unless they are a smoker, too.
>>
>>38012541
Try it, smoke for couple of months and see whether you feel different or not. Chances are you'll play with it for a while and just get bored eventually. A year or two won't hurt you too bad anyway.
>>
>>38011926
Nicotine can trigger autoimmune disease. That's now worth it. You don't want to be in a wheelchair
>>
>>38012563
This, and also it's because smokes are increasing becoming a working-class and developing-nation thing, so modern women probably hate it more than women of the past, due to cigs' current association with poverty. Try cigars, maybe.
>>
>>38012615
girls love korean guys and they smoke a lot
>>
>>38012563
>Women don't like the smell of cigarettes
Just because your mom doesn't and you haven't interacted with any other woman in your life it doesn't mean women are unattracted to smokers.
>>
Decade long smoker here: you WILL NOT be able to stop once you've started. If it's something you're going to do, you better make damn sure it's something you're comfortable with living with. Your ability to breathe goes to shit, your voice gets deeper and deeper and deeper. Lung cancer isn't the only thing you've got to worry about.

My advice, as someone who can't quit smoking (and I kicked a heroin addiction so don't try and tell me I'm just weak-willed), is this: don't pick it up. If the health risks aren't enough, it's also very expensive and gets more expensive as time goes on. You'll start out smoking the name-brand shit like Camel or Marlboro, and once you're hooked you'll be picking up cheap shit like Pall Malls or Time, Pyramid, etc.

Just don't do it.
>>
>>38011926
I'd say no, but if you're going to be a degenerate faggot at least do it right.

Djarums and Black & Milds would be the way to go. Used to be a big fan of the Cherry Djarum Black and Bali Hai in particular.
>>
>>38012776
my dad used to smoke 1-2 packs a day, when he quit i asked him how he did it and he was like "i just did it, shit got boring for me"
>>
>>38012776
8 years smoking here. Actually a little less, cause I stopped smoking a few months ago with no problem. Sure I get jelly as fuck when I see someone smoking but that's it.

I'll probably go back to smoking though. I enjoy it a lot. Maybe buy some tobacco, I prefer cigarettes but they're more expensive.
>>
>>38012704
Ehh they like the feminine boys usually and the girls who do are just shallow or have misconstrued ideas of Koreans. As a Korean smoker boi, I can tell you it's a false correlation.
>>
>>38012791

I applaud your old man, but cases like his are NOT the norm.
>>
>>38012791
My grandpops also stopped overnight, after he apparently read an article in the newspaper that is was bad for health. He was kind of autistic though.
>>
>>38012099
If you smoke too much. It's important to limit yourself. If you can keep yourself down to at the most, one every three-five hours you'll enjoy it much more. Even more if you can stick with one or two a day.
>>
>>38012108
>44 cigarettes a day
That's a lot. Maybe when drunk, high and pulling the second all nighter in a row.
>t. former heavy smoker
>>
>>38012930
I think he meant 4. If I you'd smoke 2 packs in one day I think you'd be ill (lol 2pac)
>>
>>38012955
It's uncommon, but there are definitely people out there smoking two or more packs a day.
>>
>>38011926
No, you shouldn't.
Not even for health benefits but like, it really does nothing for you.
>>
>>38012955
Well as I said, I have smoked a shitton in short time periods but it was generally under heavy influence of other substances and under stressful, unusual circumstances like at a music festival or rushing work before a deadline.
>>
>>38012981

It does have some benefit in controlling the symptoms of schizophrenia, I believe, but that's more or less it.
>>
>>38011926
It has great benefits such as; Smelling like shit, having shit breath, fuck up your teeth and make exercise a tad bit harder
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.