[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>cardiac surgeon salary is $500k >tuition cost to become

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0448.jpg (167KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0448.jpg
167KB, 1252x1252px
>cardiac surgeon salary is $500k
>tuition cost to become one is $250k

I want to become a surgeon because I have a keen interest in the human body, but I'm too poor to get the education.

When people ask me why I'm still a neet, it's because of this!
>>
>>38008046
Anon it's possible but you have to be REALLY SMART.
Also a smart person wouldn't give a fuck about debt because he knows he's going to graduate and he knows that he going to pay off the uni debt.
>>
>>38008046
I would recommend you find a job in a hospital or nursing home. These places genreally offer tuition reimbursement programs. You can become a registered nurse on their dollar. Make enough money with that and you could probably get a student load to go to medical school. You'd have to get a bachelor's first of course
>>
>>38008046
>When people ask me why I'm still a neet, it's because of this!
No, it's because you make excuses.
>>
>>38008046

Don't think so much about the salary. The debt is important but for only one reason.

In the medical profession, it's about whether you really want to do it. Do you like it enough to tolerate 36 straight hours on? Do you like it enough for 8-hour surgeries? Do you like it enough to tolerate bullshit family members and less-than-cooperative patients who don't understand medical knowledge?

I've seen loads of people burn out and bail with huge debts, because they can't take all the non-financial bullcrap in medicine. If you love medicine enough to weather that storm, you can weather the debt.
>>
>>38008084
I haven't really gauged my intelligence with anything/anybody, but I know I'll be able to do something if I put my mind into it.

I won't be able to worry about debt if I don't have credit; I could be wrong, but I don't think I could get any grants thanks to Trump, but if you can still get them, I don't think you can get one at 30.

>>38008095
I haven't thought of that? Is it possible to be a nurse without college education?

>>38008136
Thanks for opening my eyes.

>>38008147
I'm a very curious person, but aside from that I think I could bear with doing it for that long, repeatedly.

I can also be patient with difficult people.
>>
File: trump-pepe-frog.png (119KB, 584x397px) Image search: [Google]
trump-pepe-frog.png
119KB, 584x397px
>>38008282
>I know I'll be able to do something if I put my mind into it.
Go for it
>>
>>38008282
There are different types of nurses.to be am LPN (licensed practical nurse) it only takes a year-long course to get licensed. No prior school involved. A registered nurse will spend probably 3 years in college. But like I said, these places will pay, after you've worked there a certain amount of time. I know all of this because I work in a nursing home. I am a dishwasher but just got certified as a nursing assistant on the company's dollar. I know people who wrk at hospitals. They offer the same thing
>>
>>38008147
This guy is right. I have an aunt who is a surgery nurse. She works ridiculous hours. 18 hr shifts sometimes...sometimes more...When you enter the medical field, you WILL get kind of consumed lol. but the money is good. Family-starting good
>>
File: IMG_3645.jpg (123KB, 750x1087px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3645.jpg
123KB, 750x1087px
Decided to try out an online quiz.
>>
>>38008046
just volunteer at a hospital and be a go-getter and do free surgery and build up your reputation.
>>
>>38009756
That was the idea - work and get paid as a surgeon while offering free procedures on the side to help the poor.
>>
>amerikeks still have this problem
can't you at least get a scholarship or something?
>>
>>38009835
I'm not sure if I'm still eligible for the pell grant since I'm 30.
>>
>>38009831
you don't need to go to school to volunteer. help people the best way you know how: by performing surgery on them. you can buy a lot of the gear on amazon.
>>
>>38008046
when i was young i would just walk into a hospital and ask to become a surgeon and it worked you just have to stop making excuses and get off your lazy butt
>>
>>38008046
if you can get into med school you don't need to worry about the tuition anon

You can find work, it's not a problem
>>
you can also start in the minor leagues. do surgery on plants and trees, then fish, then regular animal surgery, and then get called up to the big leagues for human surgery.
>>
>>38009966
>you can also start in the minor leagues. do surgery on plants and trees, then fish, then regular animal surgery, and then get called up to the big leagues for human surgery.
This is the way I started. A big wig doc say me giving a pigeon a lobotomy and invited me to join his team
>>
Just walk into the hospital, shake the surgeons hand, and demand he give you a job. Kids these days, they won't hit the bricks.
>>
>>38010074
a better idea is going to the employee parking lot and finding the nicest car and slashing its tires. then just wait by the car and when the president of surgeons comes out, you say "car trouble?" and help him do tire surgery. then he will be like "wow, you are a natural. i have a job for you"
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.