[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can anyone else not stand false modesty? it makes my fucking

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

can anyone else not stand false modesty?
it makes my fucking skin crawl...
>>
I don't give a shit about what other people say or do.
>>
There's such a thing as morality, but sometimes people have to do bad things in order to do good things. It's like slavery. It was what made the USA, but was terrible. USA did lots of great things, but it took slavery to make it. It's necessary evil, in a good world.
>>
and it's always faggy normie normison trying to act as if he/she doesn't still ask to leave the dinner table
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (6KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
6KB, 480x360px
>>37992692
was this you all along?
>>
>>37992682
>open up an ugly or looks thread on /r9k/
>non ugly fags get all the (you) and attention crying about how they are not Chad
>>
>>37992682
What the fuck else are people supposed to do? Give some supervillain speech about doing something they found completely trivial and which probably is completely meaningless?
>>
>>37992682
I always scored top in exams and responded with "I expect I've done well but I don't know for sure".

Saying you think you;ve failed is retarded but saying it was easy just riles people up and gets them hoping you fail. With people who say they didn't revise, I'm sure it's a meme almost all the time.
>>
What the fuck is revising? Is that like reviewing notes?
>>
>>37992682
Maybe other people are just smarter than you, OP
>>
I tested well, but my grades weren't very good. Some people are just different. Either way bragging is obnoxious and abhorrent behavior - there is nothing wrong with being proud of your accomplishments, but really, nobody wants to hear it. So people do this instead.
>>
>>37992928
it means studying, yank
>>
>>37992682
I am that friend.

Its not false modesty, its just you being dumb and not revising when you don't know shit and him being smart enough to remember everything without revising
>>
>>37992682
Don't really see the issue here, I never studied for tests before college and I almost always got A or B+.
Just pay attention during class ffs.
>>
>>37992928
Revising means studying, it's used a lot in New-Pakistan, or as some call it ''England''
>>
>>37992706
What the fuck has this got to do with the thread??
>>
>>37992682
I don't want to seem like i'm coming across as a pretentious asshole
>>
>get 2 degrees simultaneously
>maintain a 3.8 GPA
>normies always want to complain to me about "Man that last exam sure was hard huh!" or "what the duck that paper was excruciating right?"
>it was actually extremely trivial, know I passed it with 100%
So I have 2 options, I can either say
>no it was really easy, I guess I'm just way smarter than you
Or
>yeah it was huh Chad chadderson?
After which they'll get mad as fuck when they see I got a 100% like this picture shows.
Fuck you normies, the only way you'll be happy is if I drag myself down to your level. You normies can't stand losing to me at something. That's the problem with you. You view me as a lesser so you feel ENTITLED to being better at me in every facet of life.
>>
>>37993436
fuckin this. if u fuckin stupid cunts dont want ur feelings hurt dont fuckin compare urself to ppl that are smarter than u
>>
>>37992682
Pic related isn't false modesty though. That's when asian stacies say they "r s0 dumb xD" for getting 107/110.
It's the smart-but-lazy guy that triggers (people I think are shills) so much.

I don't understand why you fags care so much that I don't care about Latin vocabulary or physics. I didn't go for the "gifted" class, I'm not going to college, and I'm sure as shit never joining that cringefest Mensa. Leave us alone. We just want to farm and maybe invent something.
>>
It's not their fault that they can succeed effortlessly
Modesty is better than meaningless braggadocio.
>>
>>37992682
I'm that friend. The reason is insecurity, not false modesty. I always think I'm going to fail, even if I have been obsessively revising. Also if you have the reputation of being the class nerd you always feel the need to lower people's expectations, lest you fuck up and disappoint everyone.
>>
>>37992682
What is wrong with being modest?

I'm a pretty good guitar player. Exceptional even. But only in comparison to my peers. So when my friends or family see me play, or I go to a guitar store out of boredom and start wailing, i start getting all of compliments like:
>holy shit man, you're bad ass!
>Damn dude, who do you play with?!
>why don't you have beautiful women following you around worshipping you yet?!
Shit like that. And my answer is always the same
>meh, I'm alright I guess.
And the truth is, I am just "meh". I am just "alright", compared to Yngwie Malmsteen, John Petrucci, Steve Vai, Michaelangelo Batio, ect.
>>
>>37993676
play the guitar for us anon
>>
>>37992682
Honestly, I'm that kind of guy because I don't want to come across as better than others. It's really hard to get along with my peers when they see me as some sort of genius, so I tend to lie about studying and I keep my grades from people unless they explicitly ask.

It's hard from my viewpoint, too.
>>
I used to do this a lot but lying gets tiring and I lie enough already so now when people say I'm really smart or good looking I just agree with them
>>
I tend to say that because I actually think it's the case. I don't know what others' standards are for "I don't know shit", and I usually don't know how well I might've done on a difficult test.
>>
File: pep.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
pep.png
51KB, 657x527px
>don't study
>45% score
>study a lot
>47%
WHAT THE FUCK.

And people have different measurements, OP. Sometimes, "I didn't study much" means they studied 3h a day, which would top my "I studied a lot", since I have no endurance like good students do.
>>
I do that too. I don't want to give myself high hopes and I am also naively afraid to jinx it. Objectively, I think that doing that and keeping your composure helps slightly too.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.