[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw 2 days since I threw my weed and cigarettes. I feel like

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: 1497214753855.gif (156KB, 496x445px) Image search: [Google]
1497214753855.gif
156KB, 496x445px
>tfw 2 days since I threw my weed and cigarettes.
I feel like my life is over, I wasted too much time smoking weed, I'm so fucking late in my studies, FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK why is it always like this.
Since my childhood I always say this time is gonna be the time and I end up doing NOTHING. I always had the " I still got time " in the back of my head but now I DON'T HAVE TIME ANYMORE.
I'm 23 and I'm human garbage. No job, no driver license, no friends, no passions.
I feel like I should kill myself not because I want to or I am scared of the future and shit.
But just because I'm going to do the same shit over and over and over and over and over and over.
>>
That's the thing about weed.
>smoke weed
>makes it easier to forget your issues
>Start smoking habitually
>quit
>all your issues are still there
What exactly do you think you should be doing at 23? Your 20s are the time for shit like this. If you were 35 and in this kind of crisis we'd be having a different conversation.
>>
>>37980099

35 year old with a similar crisis.

Don't make my mistake OP.

Well. I have a job, drivers license, friends, and passions.

But I'm still a fucking loser who could've went much farther with his life than he did.

Don't become me. Fuzzy headed and full of regret.
>>
File: 1496971251017.jpg (269KB, 647x1149px) Image search: [Google]
1496971251017.jpg
269KB, 647x1149px
Similar situation, do you play paradox games or something my dude?
>>
>>37980137
The fact that you feel like you've missed your potential shows that you're capable of personal growth. It's those assholes who make $70k a year and are mortgaged out the ass to pay for their kids' college and their massive mcmansion who think they're living the dream and fuck everyone else and the reason they aren't getting ahead is because of Jews and niggers that are a lost cause.
>>
i was like you but got my shit together. Finished bachelors and Im off to the draft for 11 months after that im going to find a job and go get my masters
>>
>>37980261

Well thanks man.

That's actually comforting. I never really saw it like that, to be honest.

I still need to stop for a complete and competent renaissance, but I appreciate the perspective.
>>
>>37980099
I should have finished college
I should have a job
I should have found people who understand me
I should have found a passion or a drive

It's like I waited until I was body deep in quicksand to realize how fucked up I am.

And I know that there is worse situations in life. But holy shit I'm crying at how stupid I am. I thought I was a smart guy, I never worked in class but always managed to pass, but now I'm a fucking stoner,I'm a failure, my anxieties are killing me, I have no fucking clue in how to deal with the real world.
>>
>>37979991
Do some pushups and you'll feel better
>>
>>37980235
I played Magicka, I don't have the patience for videogames anymore
>>37980466
Yeah I did some exercise today to balance the chemicals in my brain but it's still overwhelming.
>>
File: 1485666171561.jpg (441KB, 1215x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1485666171561.jpg
441KB, 1215x1200px
funny enough, when i was the biggest piece of shit it was because probation prevented me from smoking weed as i have done mostly daily for years

as many do, i turned directly to hard liquor and became a crypto-alcoholic NEET for 10 months

would say that the strongest motivator behind fixing my shit up would be the emotions of self-disgust (not self-loathing!) and anger; sorta had to build up for a while until I simply couldn't take it anymore

full time employed, full time student graduating with a B.S. soon; i do retain the nagging (and correct, imo) feeling that i have squandered much of my opportunity and many of my blessings, and comparing myself to those that have done even worse fills me with a bitter feeling

but it ain't so bad

>>37980383
all that stuff, at least for me, seemed significantly more intimidating when I hadn't at all started. seemed like insurmountable tasks, just too far behind, etc. starting things is the hard bit for a lot of folk

good luck bud, and cheers
>>
>>37980383
Okay great, but I feel like the only thing you're guilty of is failing to plan ahead. I should have invested in Amazon in the 90s. There's a security robot right now on seedinvest that I'm positive will be the next big thing, and the investment is only a thousand dollars. I'll be kicking myself in the ass for not doing it.

The problem is that you don't realize that you should have done something until you get to the point where you need it and realize you don't have it. But there's nothing that can be done but put one foot in front of the other and start gathering the things you need right now. Meanwhile, you haven't wasted these years, you've used them to come to the realization that there are things that you need to do that are difficult and require mental toughness and you've got concrete examples of those exact things that you should have done.

And you've got loads of time to do those things and much more. You just understand the logic better. An 18 year old may go to college, but doesn't understand the necessity of doing so like you do, they're just on autopilot. This puts them at far greater risk 9f failure than you. You should have found a job, so okay, there's no reason you can't get involved in something now that you understand why you need one, as opposed to getting a job and not having that understanding, leading to apathy and failure and never achieving anything more than mediocrity because, just like college, you'd have just been on autopilot like a zombie.

People who understand you would have been useless because you don't understand yourself, what you want are people who understand that we're all on this journey together. Passion and drive are a product of your experiences and not goals in and of themselves.

I feel like you're doing fine and you're probably in a much better place to start your life than you were five years ago. How do you think you would have turned out had you just started university and got a job and whatever at 18?
>>
>>37980544
You live in London?
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 960x960px
>>37980862
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

You guys are too hard on yourselves.
>>
>>37980664
>>37980672
Thanks a lot guys, I've calmed down a little bit. I wasn't expecting niceness on this board.
It's stupid to loathe myself over stupid decisions I made in the past.
I don't know if thats because i'm tired but I feel a little bit of euphoria
Thank you for taking the time to talk to me
>>
>>37980862
I live in Frogland
>>
File: dontcallmydog.jpg (57KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
dontcallmydog.jpg
57KB, 540x720px
>>37981080
People who have been on 4chan for a while are usually pretty supportive. This is a website where if you're being a fucking idiot, people will call you a fucking idiot, but the only ones who scream at others and bring people down are edgelord teenagers and assholes from /pol/.

Although if it makes you feel any better, you're a faggot.
>>
File: 1492227534482.png (464KB, 409x444px) Image search: [Google]
1492227534482.png
464KB, 409x444px
>>37981080
no worries bud, this place has given me heaps of good laughs, some interesting insight, and even some encouragement contained within the clusterfuck of traps, fury, mentall illness, etc etc

just paying it forward. anyway, the other fella has quite the point now that i'm rubbing my brain cells together over it. sure, it would have been idyllic as FUCK for me to have hammered out my undergraduate from ages 18-22. but after my fuckups and all, getting back in school, the classroom experience feels rather different in a positive way. feels as though...difficult to put into text, but i reckon that i simply grasp things easier, quicker, and more fully in school at 25 compared to 18-20.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.