[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people like Hotline Miami so much? it's not

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: Untitled.png (650KB, 953x548px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
650KB, 953x548px
Why do people like Hotline Miami so much? it's not that great of a game
>>
soundtrack/aesthetic that appeals to spergs
>>
>>37973018
normies love it because of the music and "wow retro xdd" mainly, I personally like it but certainly not as much as some people I know.
>>
It's exciting, colorful, has a good soundtrack, and is violent.
The gameplay flows effortlessly and you're free to do each floor whatever way you want.
There aren't any bugs.
Not saying it's a masterpiece but it is a well made game.
>>
File: 389.png (405KB, 657x624px) Image search: [Google]
389.png
405KB, 657x624px
>>37973018
The soundtrack is great you can't deny that.
>>
>>37973018 Hotline Miami is fucking great!
Hotline Miami 2, is meh at best.
>>
>>37973018
Fun innovative gameplay/nice soundtrack/interesting story
I understand people who say that the graphics are shit tho
>>
>>37973018
>good fun addicting $10 indie game in an era when $60 AAA releases feel stale after 30 mins of playtime.

Games like Hotline Miami give me hope for the future of gaming. Soulsborne really rejuvenated my belief in AAA titles desu tho
>>
File: 1403572698161.jpg (98KB, 608x395px) Image search: [Google]
1403572698161.jpg
98KB, 608x395px
What a coincidence. Just started playing it yesterday. Only took me a three hours for final level, though. Was a bit disappointed at that.

I've spent about 10minutes on final boss so far, but not sure if it's worth it. Killing the animals is tedious and then another crazy boss... mehhhhh
>>
>>37973060
>Fun innovative gameplay
lol'd
>>
>>37973042
>normies
>hotline Miami

The only people I've ever met who played Hotline are more robotic than I am...
>>
>>37973018
its a great game, kys faggot
>>
>>37973018
it's the only game that can give me that adrenaline rush
>>
>>37973116
My reasoning is pretty anecdotal but personally I know plenty of normies (albeit not TURBO normies) who love the game and glorify it beyond belief.
>>
>>37973071
I don't understand how dark souls became so popular. I get it that it appeals to people with severe autism, but what does the average normie gamer get out of it
>>
>>37973102
Nigga it's so easy though.
I did it with the fucking nigel mask for fun one time.
>>
Because that game is like the best Michael Mann movie.
>>
File: 1494952238365.png (51KB, 200x195px) Image search: [Google]
1494952238365.png
51KB, 200x195px
>>37973170
that post makes you sound like the autismo instead, nerd
>>
>>37973154
Yeah normies are also sensationalist as fuck and will glorify anything if they think it means the first to the sacred ground of hip discovery.
I mean I'd recommend hotline to my friends, but only if I think they'd really like it.

I actually did get a fellow robot into and he fucking loves that shit.
>>
File: kek.jpg (835KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
835KB, 1920x1080px
>>37973183
kek, you were right, literally just beat it on fourth attempt

I was luring those animals to the fountain by moving in and out of sight, and then beat them around the corner (hard to explain)
Didn't know I could kill them simply by moving backwards and then smack them. Way faster/easier that way, heh.
>>
>>37973103
It was fun and innovative. Now it's only fun since a billion clones have come out.
>>
>>37973260
Yeah I understand what you were doing before.
The only real hard part is throwing the trophy at the ninja girl and hitting here.
Also Biker's chapters are really easy so you'll definitely get through them all today if you play anymore.
Have you gotten all the secrets yet?
>>
>>37973198
I am not the one spending hundreds of hours on mindless grinding
>>
>>37973333
checked

but no, I haven't looked for any secrets to begin with. not really an achievement hunter, but I'm not ready to put the game down either. doing the biker chapters now
>>
>>37973441
Eh you should at least look for the masks.
Are you considering buying the sequel.
>>
>>37973456
I unlocked loads of them with high scores?

and probably not because people said hm2 wasn't as good?
>>
File: 1490469357818.jpg (536KB, 3680x2070px) Image search: [Google]
1490469357818.jpg
536KB, 3680x2070px
>>37973536
Oh yeah but there are masks you can pick up to like the carl or jones mask.
If you like the first I think you should consider the 2nd.
The real problem people have with it is that it's much more focused on gunplay and many of the levels are open.
I still like it though.
Also you won't have to wait almost a year for the level editor to come out like I did even though they said time and time again it would come out soon.
FUCK I waited from March til almost January for it to come out they said it would be out sometime in may.
>>
>>37973420
Lmao ur thinking of mmos, I play both and souls isn't quite "mindless grinding" u can beat the game at lvl 10 with a broken dagger.
this fag got btfo by cleric beast
>>
>>37973623
Oh, I'll buy it anyway then. There's a steam sale and its dirt cheap, might as well
>>
>>37973728
Yeah the real problem also involves the hard mode which is so bullshit I have only played it all the way once and never will touch it again.
>>
>>37973018
is that a screenshot of Hotline Miami 3?
>>
>>37973420
>grinding in Dark Souls

lmao what's it like being so retarded that you can't even play video games properly?
>>
Anyone is waiting for Midnight Animal? Basically hotline miami and persona mix.
>>
>>37973018
The music is fantastic, and the aesthetic is really refreshing (remember, this game came out before vaporwave was what it is now), and you have to play it really fast so it is fun to play.

It's okay if you don't like it, though.
>>
>>37975170
/thread

originiolio
>>
>>37973018
It's pretty good senpai
>>
>>37973018

>tight gameplay
>unforgiving
>old school difficulty
>so gratifying to win
>real skills
>after a while, you notice how you improved by replaying the first levels
>you SEE how much better you've become while nothing else has changed

Haven't had that experience in most recent games.

Plus the obvious things everyone mentioned. A real unforgiving game that is also fair is a rare thing.
>>
>>37973018
Why are you posting this here?
>>>/v/
>>
>>37975845

Just die you fucking piece of shit. Anons who waste time telling people what to do need to fucking die.

Reconsider your priorities; you must be such a fucking piece of shit to waste time telling people to post somewhere else. Holy fucking shit.
>>
>>37975845
Now go and send every other thread to its dedicated board.
>>
>>37975845
>/v/
>video games
pick one
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.