[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

book club

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

www.strawpoll.me/13262553 keep voting
>>
>>37909463
>www.strawpoll.me/13262553

what are we voting ? For books we like have read want to read will read will read in another life that we long to read but can't that we try to read but can never finish
>>
>>37909998
vote for what our first reading material's gonna be. Looks like Mishima wins.
>>
>>37910027

but I read that already and it isn't even one of his good books and i was too dumb to pick up on the each character represents an element of society without googingling it but even knowing that it doesn't make the book much more interesting

also how to join this book club ?
>>
>>37910065
then hope Mark Twain wins. No joining process just read book that wins poll each time at your own pace, create or look out for book club threads and join/start discussions.
>>
Some books are very typical of 4chan
>>
>>37910120

like which ?

only

Ride the Tiger: A Survival Manual for the Aristocrats of the Soul - Julius Evola

Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief - Jordan Peterson

and arguably

The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea - Yukio Mishima
>>
>>37910103

cool desu

I guess I will try that or maybe join threads desu
>>
>>37910130
Yep those, doesn't mean there is necessary something wrong because of that, just very typical to see them on a list
>>
>>37910130
>>37910306
yeah I added most of these. wanted to add something to counter-balance Evola but I just didn't want to deal with /pol/ complaining if I put Marx in there. I wasn't getting many suggestions last night so only Jordan Peterson and Henry David Thoreau weren't chosen by me. Hopefully we can get more feedback next time and someone else can make the poll, I'm not even a very literary person.

Mishima seems really popular though. If Mishima speaks to /r9k/ it might be the best introduction to get people motivated to read.
>>
File: 6133770_124640281296.jpg (66KB, 520x730px) Image search: [Google]
6133770_124640281296.jpg
66KB, 520x730px
alright robots not official yet until next OP but looks like Mishima's gonna win. If you want to get started download from one of the mirrors here http://libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=1C4C8D3756486D33731825F468FD57C9

if you're reading on kindle you'll want to convert to .mobi with calibre
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.