[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you shot a gun out of someone's hand, would it break?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: gun.jpg (61KB, 1024x820px) Image search: [Google]
gun.jpg
61KB, 1024x820px
If you shot a gun out of someone's hand, would it break?

I see this happen all the time in movies and comics and shit and I'm curious as to weather or not you could actually use a gun after it's been hit by a bullet? I'd assume it would get dinged at the very least.
>>
It'll be time to get a new peashooter. Even with a .22, the barrel or components would get bent causing it to miss fire, become unusable, or destroyed out of repair. Unless you shot in the right place of a rifle with a .22, hitting any actions would cause the gun to fail.
>>
It could keep working fine, work with some problems, or get completely fucked, depending on what part of what gun you shot with what bullet.
>>
>>37904307
Some parts are durable enough it could bounce off, some parts still work with a hole in them.
>>
>>37904156
The gun is almost guaranteed to be completely inoperable.

The gun in this video was blasted to pieces: https://youtu.be/Aeoca-VmpcM
>>
>>37904316
Pretty much everything besides the bolt and barrel of a firearm is just made of thin steel or aluminum. None of that will stop a bullet, and the bolt still wouldn't survive a direct bullet impact either.
The only hope is if the round is fired at a very shallow angle and ricochets.
Somewhat related story, I remember there was a French special forces officer who was fired at by a terrorist while he had his pistol up, and the round struck right on the front of the guide rod of his P228 and exited near the back of the frame. The gun essentially saved his life, but it basically exploded and permanently crippled his hand.
>>
File: IMG_2250.jpg (45KB, 604x437px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2250.jpg
45KB, 604x437px
>Wad if I shood agun wid agun
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.