[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

neetlife meets bikelife

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: WP_20160924_08_13_13_Pro - Copy.jpg (345KB, 1632x1218px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160924_08_13_13_Pro - Copy.jpg
345KB, 1632x1218px
just hopped off guys, filled her up and took some fancy turns down near the coast on an early ride. time to crack open a few beers, it's already well over 10AM and I'm falling behind.

>pic related, old shot, same lovely route

who else riding here ?
>>
File: scooter.jpg (323KB, 1547x1155px) Image search: [Google]
scooter.jpg
323KB, 1547x1155px
I ride a vintage scooter, just cruising the neighbouring villages while the sunshine hits my blond hair, do it almost daily. Mostly in the morning at about 10am, i go outside tke a nice deep breath and cruise by the 9-5ers just having a good day
>>
>going outside
When did /r9k/ becomes such a normie infested shithole?
>>
>>37904139
When i ride i wear dark sunglasses and face covering cap to avoid all human contact... I always look the other way when passing other people... does this make it /r9k/ approved.
>>
>>37904112
cool stuff, downtown is no fun on a bike, let alone small towns or villages. I'm imagining your scooter feeling at home in some mediterranean little town, it looks the part. can you work on it by yourself?
>>
>>37904139
Also, riding at 10am are neet hours. all the normies are at work. when riding all alone in the morning sunshine in a nature quiet setting is feels like doing the night walks. its very comfy
>>
File: 1461789331878.jpg (82KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1461789331878.jpg
82KB, 640x640px
>>37904241
>>37904184
i dont think you need to defend yourself against a poster thinking /r9k/ is some sort of hikki board, poor dude must've missed both the memo and the train years ago. just have a good time riding. hell, I actually wave (back) at girls in summer frequently because why the fuck not, they always wave back and giggle anyway. if im going to spend this much time just in my room, I'm going to have as much of a good time as I can when I in fact do go outside.
>>
>>37904300
When neetlife meets bikelife realy is the good life. does who havent experienced it will never understand. ride on bro
>>
I want a bike but i dont know how to drive a manual or navigate my city with a gps.
>>
>>37904707
there's plenty of instruction to be had. I know it's possible to just do a written test (or none at all) in the US, but having some proper riders show you the ropes might be vital to surviving, and being at ease in traffic having a good time. navigating the city will come as you go, roads get more familiar everytime you pass them.
>>
>>37904785
My local CC offers a class. Should i take it? I dont own a car and only have 5k to my name, how cheap do used bikes go that arent total trash
>>
>>37904844
I had no more than 2k and I could ride (license cost me more than 1600 easily, yurofag). the big, big gamebreaker is having a mechanically inclined buddy. take them along to check out the bike, sprockets, chain, brakes, valve noise, everything. he needs to take it for a test ride (or you, if you know your stuff) to get a feel of shifting, accel and deccel, suspension, no "sticky gas" (rpms should return to idle quickly after closing the throttle) no leaks anywhere, all that sort of thing. most of these things can get fixed but they've all got their prices and risks.

my stepdad has worked on bikes all his life, so I could just buy a 300 euro '87 chopper to get started on. then I bought the GSX in the opening post for 200. both needed a TON of work but if you got the skills (or someone to learn from!) you can save mad tons of cash.

all you need from there would be some decent gear. I usually dont wear a jacket after 2 years of riding but it's good to have a full proper set laying around for when you're going further than just downtown or whatever.

as for the bike, since it's the most exciting part, its' not so much the discplacement you need to be careful about but the configuration. typically, a twin (2 cylinder) are more predictable and forgiving, 4 cylinders get a shit ton of power in the higher RPM ranges that might put you off at first. 1 cylinders (thumpers) are a different kind, I've just ridden one and it felt pretty chill, quite torquey but no racing beast. they seem to require a bit more maintenance though. Let's say a 500-600cc twin would be a good starting point, something from halfway/late 90s. good chance you're gonna drop it, happens to the best of us, especially in the beginning so pick up something that's a proper sparring partner for you and don't get too carried away. 250cc's or 300s are gonna leave you bored after a few months, and a 1200 is going to get dropped or you'll fuck up on your throttle or clutch once.
>>
File: mcoh.gif (297KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
mcoh.gif
297KB, 300x168px
Thanks biker senpai, i dont have any friends, much less mechanicly inclined one. But ill look more into this
>>
>>37905352
if you cant figure it out, there's always /dbt/ on /o/ where you can ask some questions and look for answers.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.