[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>It's another "Too depressed to feel like doing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1496806723433.jpg (62KB, 711x620px) Image search: [Google]
1496806723433.jpg
62KB, 711x620px
>It's another "Too depressed to feel like doing anything but not tired enough to go to bed" episode
>>
Sure it is, how was your day, OP?
>>
>>37904071
rather bland. killed a bit of time playing vidya beforegoing to see my mom in the hospital. surgery went well, but that's to be expected for a simple appendectomy. just been shitpostin' since getting home, though I really shoulda got some writing done...like I shoulda been doing all week.

what about you, anon?
>>
>>37904045
Do you have an actual job?
>>
>>37904133
not really. work a part-time job on weekends, tend to go to college throughout the normal week. supposed to be doing work on shit for an internship and a summer class, but i don't even really feel like doing shit that sounds appealing.
>>
>>37904166
What are you going to school for? That sucks to hear that you're down though.
>>
>>37904208
going for a journalism degree. I know, I know, there's no money in it, but
A. Writing is one of few skills useful to society I have
B. Thanks to grants and parent's savings, I'm supposed to graduate somewhere around $8-$11K in debt

supposed to graduate after the next spring semester, if I can maintain my usual last-minute working into a 3.0 for the semester.
>>
>>37904255
At least you had a plan going in. I like to think that most robots are well-equipped with their writing enough to do something relating to it. What sort of job space were you looking to get into with it?
>>
>>37904269
>>37904269
honestly, kinda wanted to go into some shit like IGN or something when I started (but, y'know, somewhere more respectable than that), lame as that sounds.

been studying moon runes for about 9 months or so with the intent to use my degree and ability to say I can have a decent casual conversation to apply for some assistant English teaching job. they don't really ask for specifics with a 4-year degree or that you even know Japanese, but i figured it'd help my chances/ease of living. should be able to apply for that in the coming months. otherwise, keeping eyes peeled on shit for like, travel writing and whatnot.

kinda difficult to keep looking ahead at such a goal, though. i've been pretty decent at language-learning since middle school, but shit's complicated.
>>
>>37904353
I don't blame you. At least it stimulated your interests.

I was born and grew up in Japan for ten years. Beautiful place - miss every second of it. I hope that works out. But does journalism really help that much in overseas jobs like that? Maybe you could look out for an English-reporting news crew in Japan or something.
>>
>>37904379
the main exchange program I've been looking at doesn't really care what kind of a degree you have, so long as it's a 4-year degree and they...well, I dunno, like the the vibes you give off. fuck if I know. thus why i figure I'd probably be in better standing if I could at least casually converse with students/neighbors.

>I was born and grew up in Japan for ten years. Beautiful place - miss every second of it.

you live around the north side? that's probably about where I'd get sent if this program were to accept me; doubt I'd live anywhere bigger than Sendai, if even.
>>
>>37904425
I think that's a good plan, but it sounds kinda weird that an exchange program isn't degree-focused. Or maybe I'm missing something. I imagine if you're as depressed as you say it might be hard to make the connections. Are you taking any medication?

>north side?

Yokosuka, in the Kanagawa prefecture. It's a ~1 hour drive to Tokyo. In the 2011 earthquake, my friend at the top of a 9-story apartment said his whole building swayed side to side.
>>
>>37904460
it might sound weird, but I know it's legit. again, lame as it sounds, found out about this shit through YouTube, and while I was already studying Japanese out of personal interest, learning about this kinda program really motivated me.

>Are you taking any medication?

no, because I'm incredibly stubborn and prioritize the well-being of all my friends before myself. that, and my parents would either overreact by being too worried or just telling me to fucking deal. not sure which I'd be more likely to get.

Yokosuka seems neat. you got a Discord account, anon? would love to hear more about stuff/shoot the shit with ya later on.
>>
>>37904509
Do you have some sort of shared medical coverage with your parents? I figure otherwise it'd be easier to keep it private. Then again if your parents tell you to do "deal" would they really understand what you're going through?

You seem like a neat guy. My discord is JUXTAP0SE#4582.
>>
>>37904045
I play League of Legends and drink until I can't even sit straight, that's my cue that I should go to bed.
Works like a charm q_q
>>
Can't fall asleep unless I'm exhausted these days. I cant clear my mind and I can't concentrate hard enough to fall asleep.
>>
>>37905843
Same. I also never stop having nightmares
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.