[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else worried about what flawed genes they might pass

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1496705025544.jpg (65KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1496705025544.jpg
65KB, 680x680px
Is anyone else worried about what flawed genes they might pass down if they were to have a child?
My dad hit the fucking jackpot with schizophrenia and OCD and I'd hate to pass that down.
>>
>>37901182
things that run in my family, several of which will pass down to my children

>depression
>adhd (the real kind)
>diabetes
>Parkinson's
>alcoholism
>addiction in general
>>
>>37901309
oh, and back problems, I forgot back problems
>>
Yeah, my family's disease-filled. Mental illness (schizo, bpd, depression), hereditary type 2 diabetes, and Alzheimer's from my Mom's side. Lupus/Heart disease from my Dad's.

I'd have to undergo genetic testing to be comfortable with having a child if I weren't so attracted to boys. The mental illness is manageable, but any increase in Lupus % scares the shit out of me since it destroys lives.
>>
>>37901182
I'm diagnosed with schizo. Should I ever find a gf, currently only girl that is into me suffers form schizo as well, this poses a real problem to me. Really would hate if my kids had to go through psychosis and all that crap like I did..
>>
god invented co prenting for reason desu

https://join.skype.com/xj6cn5pP4hry
>>
>>37901405
But tbqh wouldn't a girl with schizo be able to understand ur schizo problems more? You don't necessarily have to have kids, because even if you breed with a non-schizo normie, your own schizo is already a significant risk genetically (albeit a lower risk that a fully schizo set of parents)
>>
>>37901492
Yes. I think I would also like a schizo gf more, cause she can relate to my problems, also to my view of the world after psychosis, etc. Only problem is the child breeding one, 6% are the odds of breeding a schizokid with a sane gf, but 40% if both of us are schizos as parents. But yeah.. maybe adoption would be an option or I dunno, just take the risk and hope for even better antipsychotic meds in the future.
>>
>>37901182
I don't want a child to know the pain of looking as ugly as me and having a million genetic problems that just cause pain and discomfort 24/7. I won't willingly subject an innocent person to that.
>>
>>37901328
>blaming that completely on genetics
>>
Let's see. On one side of my family, there's a tendency for every single person to have mental illnesses, including Borderline, depression, EXTREME anxiety, and OCD. The other side has alcoholism and the tendency to be overweight.
I've caught the depression and anxiety that actually have stemmed from developing dependent personality disorder over time, and I've been struggling with weight my whole life. Now, I'm dating and most likely eventually marrying (thanks to the DPD making me never be able to break up) a girl with autism and bipolar disorder.

Luckily my girlfriend never wants to have kids, since her perfect petite body would be destroyed, and because she's too uncaring on account of the autism. It's really dodging a bullet because I'm almost certain our child would probably commit suicide after a while.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.