[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wanna lift but I'm too anxious to go to a gym. I have

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Photo Feb 11, 6 00 25 PM.jpg (188KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Photo Feb 11, 6 00 25 PM.jpg
188KB, 700x700px
I wanna lift but I'm too anxious to go to a gym. I have 2 8 lbs and 2 10 lbs dumbells at home, can I just do push-ups and shit and do shit with the dumbells at home to get fit? I don't wanna get big I just want to look kinda toned? Should I be posting this on /fit/?
>>
you don't need a gym

you should buy a bench and squat rack though, which go for about $100 and $200 for a good set

you might be able to find a decent pair on craigslist or something though, along with more weights
>>
>incoming autism from /fit/fags ranting shit about muh weights, muh dyels, muh diet, muh stats
>>
I've been doing it without a gym for the same reason, built up some good muscle. I just bought a bench and some adjustable dumbbells and keep increasing the weight. Are you a skelly or fat?
>>
>>37849339
I'm skelly, do I have to buy all that shit? I don't have much money
>>
>>37849438
Yeh, maybe under $150 should be enough to keep you going for quite a while. Way cheaper than a gym membership if you keep it up. Guess you'll be spending more on food too though, and there's no point in doing it unless you eat enough to put on weight.
>>
File: IMG_4594.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4594.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
Doing body weight fitness is enough to be toned and look good.
>>
>>37849180
Read the book Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe and become enlightened
>>
>>37849180
If you live in a big city chances are that there are gyms open early in the morning (4-5 am) and late at night (00-03am).
If that's the case you can go in those hours. You will mostly find people who actively want to avoid social interactions in the gym.
>>
I know that feel, OP. A pull up bar is a must, preferably a wall mounted steel bar. You can get them for $30-50. Get some 30-50lbs dumbbells as well. Do variations of pull ups, push ups, squats while holding dumbbells, regular bicep curls etc. You won't get huge at home, but you can definitely get fit. Once you're happier with how you look, join a gym and lift.
>>
>struggle to do 8 reps
>deload, I can do 10
>reload, can barely do 8

How am I supposed to add weight then?
>>
>>37849339
Cost of adjustable weights??
>>
>>37849180
>I don't wanna get big I just want to look kinda toned? Should I be posting this on /fit/?

Kettlebells are more versatile than any other weights, also check out The Naked Warrior by Pavel Tsatsouline who essentially introduced kettlebells to the west.. It's a book about using basically nothing but your own body weight for exercises.
>>
>>37849180
Bro, for reals, buy sturdy ass fucking sandbags. Buy around 4-8 and put 50-75lbs of whatever each. Here's what to do;
>go beast mode (as if a tiger is after you)
>lift and throw a few bags
>carry and walk with a few bags
>pull and drag multiple bags (150-300+lbs)
It really helps and is not isolated motionsn it's using your whole body. After you start getting /fit/ and notice results, and you think of wanting more mass, then you can it the gym.
>paleo and keto diet
>still get more carbs than recommended above
>limit starches, simple carbs and mammal meat
>eliminate processed, all ready done meals
>eliminate sugars not naturally sourced AKA soda/candy/bakery shit
Good luck.
My diet is clean, but still delicious. My diet is 70 percent mixture of Ceviche, Soup, Salads, Smoothies/Shakes and Stir Fry. I still snjoy junk food on occassion, but it's all homemade and a less processed version (from scratch Pizza, Burgers, Hotdogs, etc [I hunt my own meat and my garden provides around 33 percent of my veggies year round, and I make my own bread])
BEAST MODE!
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.