[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone give me the red-pill on diet/zero calorie sodas.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: fat.jpg (161KB, 763x758px) Image search: [Google]
fat.jpg
161KB, 763x758px
Someone give me the red-pill on diet/zero calorie sodas.
>>
>>37836860
They're far better than regular sodas, but still not as good as plain water or even skim milk. The artificial sweeteners can spike insulin (though nowhere near the extent that normal sodas do), and the acidity can harm your teeth.

That said, switching to zero cal drinks can do wonders for you if your soda intake is higher than one can per day. After making the switch, consider trying things like zero cal green tea and zero cal drink mixes that come in little powder packets. Add a teeny bit of powder to each glass of water to give it a light, fruity flavor.

Remember, fatbot: the fastest way to obesity is to drink your calories.
>>
fatbotbumperinoblox
>>
>>37836860
they are OK but I've heard they're just as bad as regular soda you'd be better off with regular trying to ween myself off both types
>>
>>37836860
They're a safe way to enjoy sweetness without the diabetes. Aspartame was tested for over 20 years before it was introduced to the market and there has never been a proven side effect, people correlate sweeteners with cancer while not understand that no causation has ever been proven. Water is better for you because of the phosphoric acid and sodium in it but you can easily drink an entire bottle a day with not a care in the world.

t. Drinks a gallon of diet coke a day and weighs 150lbs
>>
File: 1497775125293.jpg (52KB, 600x621px) Image search: [Google]
1497775125293.jpg
52KB, 600x621px
>>37836860
>Someone give me the red-pill on diet/zero calorie sodas.
drink water and unsweetened tea faggot
>>
>>37836860
If you want to lose weight cut out soda all together. Your own health should be enough motivation to eat well and not drink that shit.
>>
>>37836860
They're worse than regular sodas.
>Evidence
Every single person I have ever seen drinking them have all been morbidly obese.
>>
File: community_image_1426513324.png (122KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
community_image_1426513324.png
122KB, 500x600px
>>37836860
Treat it as if you were still drinking normal soda, it is not a magical liquid. You will gain weight because it fucks with your insulin, and you will also suffer other potential health hazards.

If you want to be skinny, stick to water. Liquid is not like food, it's more like oxygen. You only need a simple medical compound out of it, so might as well get it pure. Mix it up with other things and you are asking for trouble.

Also, Diet soda can contain a fuckton of caffeine. I didn't even realize that before I read up on it. Explains why I couldn't sleep, always felt anxious, and so on.
>>
>>37839448
Every single person I have ever seen driving a maybach has been rich.

TIL: owning an expensive car makes you rich
>>
>>37839690
>Implying they aren't middle class/poorfags pretending to be rich by renting a car they normally cannot afford bought with credit
Lrn 2 American dream, nerd.
>>
They contain chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, and Parkinson's
>>
>tfw my genetic doesn't allow me to get fat
>can drink full sugar soda without worrying about gaining weight
I still get other health problems though, but fat is not one of them.
>>
Unhealthy, just without sugar.

You will still die from lard ass syndrome regardless.
>>
Low-cal sodas are a pure meme.
The sugar replacement is still harmful for insulin levels along with other very dubious ingredients typically found in soft drinks. Try unsweetened tea or warm water. If you absolutely can't resist sugary drinks, at least try to water it down significally.
>>
>>37839821
>muh cancer meme
The only study to ever in the history of this fucking tinfoilhat-momblog-conspiracy debate to ever prove any sort if correlation between the intake of amino acids and methanol at ppm levels was conductes in italy where they tested aspartame on rats and """proved""" that the third generation of rats down the line being fed 300mg/kg of bodyweight wich in humans with the allowed limit of a fifth of that proving that these rats would have bladder cancer. But these rats also yielded the same resulsts from an overdose of ascorbic acid so maybe we should just ban citrus fruits? If you at all believe any of this shit you belong on

>>>/greennaturalhealthmomblog/
>>
>>37836860
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaDaU_vu_iw

aspartame is not bad for you, watch the above video to find out why

diet carbonated drinks are nowhere near as bad as a non diet carbonated drinks. If normal coke was a 10 on a scale of 1 to 10, then diet coke would be a 3, with water being 1.

it's a massive improvement if you find yourself struggling to change. If you're finding dieting hard, then making consistent but small changes is the way to go.

>>37839448
I'm /fit/ and I nearly exclusively drink diet coke, as in 3 cans a day minimum. The only reason I started drinking diet coke was because I used to be obese.
>>
>>37840327
god tier post
thank you knowledgeable anon
>>
They're fine.

>>37840327
This anon is right, the aspartame they used on the rats is the equivalent of around 300 2 liters of diet soda a day. You would die far faster from the water than the soda if you were to drink that much, the dose makes the poison.
>>37836975
There's no evidence for an effect on insulin, sucralose (splenda) maybe because of its chemical similarity to sucrose, but not aspartame.
>>
drink sparkling mineral water you dumb nigger
>>
>>37836860
They're actually worse than regular sodas. Soda in general just isn't healthy. It's never going to be. Stop drinking soda.
>>
File: no.jpg (15KB, 599x303px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
15KB, 599x303px
>they're just as bad as regular soda

this is how you know you're in for an ignorant thread.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.