[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand why normies think recovery from mental

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

I don't understand why normies think recovery from mental illness is so important.
>spend years in therapy
>thousands of dollars in medication
>all for a chance to maybe be 'happy'
>a feeling I don't ever remembering having in the first place
Is doing all this work really worth it for 'happy'?
>>
Because normies want to be normal. And that's hard to do if you're not normal. You're obviously not normal so you don't know why you should put in so much effort to be normal. It's simple really.
>>
I hate edgy tumblr gifs.
>>
It's not worth it. I do therapy myself. It feels nice 30 minutes after the session, then it's back to normal. No. Change. And it's not a happy feeling either, just one of halfhearted relief.
>>
>>37833219
Is it worth it, anon? Or should I just keep a journal?
>>
>>37833249
Personally, I would say keep a journal. If you have friends you find close enough to share some of the stuff with, do so. I actually have a journal myself, but my 2 close friends are a part of it so I don't show them.
>>
>>37833144
I look at it this way. The only thing really keeping me alive is my hope of collapse. I just want to live in anarchy and kill some people. If I get medications (which I probably (((need)))) then when the collapse actually comes around, I'll have a withdraw and probably be worse off than I would be otherwise

Fuck medicinemen
>>
>>37833144
Yes.

If your arm was broken or you had gonorrhea you would get that shit cured or fixed.

It's the same with your mental state.

What's ridicuclously complicated about mental affliction is being able to tell if it's a physical default with your neurons and brain-juices, or if it's from something emotional or psychological that only has unbalanced brain-juices as a side effect and not the main cause.
>>
you're unhappy because your life sucks. get a different one. therapy will only help you if it convinces you to live better.

yes, depression is a chemical imbalance, but so is every thought and feeling you've ever known. you'll only find balance in death.
>>
>>37833144
therapy is designed for and ONLY works for normalfags. the chances of seeing any improvement if you're an actual robot is slight to none. i wouldn't bother.
>>
>>37833312
I'm diagnosed as bipolar. Something chemically going on there.
But what is the goal? To be less depressed?
>>
>>37833144
Since when was 'happy' the objective?

Recovery from mental illness is important to stop you from becoming a danger to other people (and indeed to yourself).
A secondary objective is to overcome the limitations that it imposes on your life.

Happiness is a possible side benefit. I still remember it, and it is definitely worth having. But it's got very little to do with why recovery from mental illness is so important.
>>
>>37833249
Journal and also self medicate. Go on psychiatrist and force symptoms to get adderall and beta blockers.

Remember. You are your own best psych doctor.
>>
Try meditation, really. It's helped a ton with my mood and recognizing my bad thoughts, noting them then letting them go. Sorry that sounds faggy but it really is good, better than therapy.
>>
>>37833354

>therapy is designed for and ONLY works for normalfags

cannot emphasize this enough. so true.
>>
>>37833505
Are you OP? Because if so, I suggest you talk to your doctor again. If you don't even remember being happy, it's more likely to be unipolar depression.
>>
>>37833700
Bipolar 2 and cyclothymia can both lack manic happiness. I know cause I'm type 2 and only feel happy with weed.
>>
>>37833144
normies function a little different than robots.

robots spend their lives staring down the beasts that can easily kill them. our counter intuitive behaviors slotted against our overwhelming fears. we have come to terms with it are involuntarily in a perpetual state of inhibited stoicism. what i just typed may have sounded like pure pretentious rhetorical jibberish. but in your lowest point you will understand it.

normies are well, a little more normie. they are babies when it comes to darkness and desperately try to escape the inescapable and like a baby. they will cling to what their mothers and fathers and society has told them about morality and how one should live. they are defeatist, entitled dumb cattle. not like we aren't either but they die sure do die like cattle.

never EVER trust a normie's advice. they lack insight and will try to pathologize you for your ways.
>>
>>37833312
my cure. BEATINGS
>>
>>37833779

>Eagles fans
>Normies

Eatdatpussy445 proves otherwise.
>>
>>37833856
>sports
>robot

yeah no.
>>
I began to enjoy my mental illness and now i feel i don't need to improve
>>
Spent the last three months slowly emerging from a major depressive episode. Destroying myself, almost became estranged from my family.

When you finally feel the warmth again its like deja vu. Youll be glad you did it and the work you put in will feel gratifying
>>
>>37833700
I had my first manic episode at 18. Before that it was utter depression. My mania doesn't make me happy. I think of it being as, when I'm manic there's no such thing as a bad idea. Eager, not happiness. Anything from castrating myself to eating cat food. I've also had 12 sessions of ect, so that made things fuzzy.
>>
File: IMG_0719.jpg (164KB, 754x805px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0719.jpg
164KB, 754x805px
Been dealing with perfectionist OCD for most of my life and I can spend up to 8 hours a day (3-4 hours average) in the bathroom showering, brushing my teeth, shaving etc. made my life a living hell. I've been admitted into a hospitalization program to treat it so I really hope shit goes well
>>
>>37834188
That sucks. I have pure o ocd. I don't really spend time doing it. It encompasses my whole life. Part of my brain is dedicated to obsessive intrusive thoughts every second I'm alive.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.