[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>meet grill on PoF >talk for a while >she's a geek,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1484423137721.jpg (967KB, 4980x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1484423137721.jpg
967KB, 4980x5000px
>meet grill on PoF
>talk for a while
>she's a geek, reads a lot, total shut-in
>suspect she doesn't have a lot of friends because she's always talking about hanging out with her sister
>don't think she's a catfish, we talked for a long time and she was average looking at best
>both on the same page, looking for a relationship
>finally talk about meeting up
>find a nice cafe about halfway between us
>"so, when are you free?"
>sent over a week ago

On one hand my understanding of human interaction says that she's obviously done because she never responded. On the other I can't figure out why it was so sudden. She did't show any signs of disinterest such as short, one word responses and always kept her end of the conversation. I've been ghosted before by every other woman I've met on these sites, but after maybe a day and not weeks like this. How can you tell if a woman actually is interested or not ahead of time?
>>
>>37808792
Maybe she was just afraid to meet up. If she really is that big of a shut in, it might have been easier to have a Skype date first.
>>
eh, people on online dating always get cold feet

I mean for me it was getting too nervous to drive an hour to see a girl and probably strike out anyway. In all reality, if a girl stops responding she probably met somebody more interesting or attractive.
>>
>>37808820
>>37808829
Should I send another message, just in case? I want to make sure but I don't want to come off as even more autistic than I already have.
>>
File: 4_7u7QyO.jpg (117KB, 630x754px) Image search: [Google]
4_7u7QyO.jpg
117KB, 630x754px
>>37809294
nothing autistic about saying, "i enjoyed talking to you, sorry if i was a bit pushy there. we dont have to meet up if you dont want to. please respond!"
the "please respond" makes it obvious that you know it is cringe, so it removes the cringe.
>>
>>37809294
>don't respond
>0% chance of date
>never speak to her again

>respond
>small chance of date
>if not, never speak to her again

gee, I dunno anon
>>
Never send an open ended request like "when are you free" Just suggest a time. You're the guy, so you'll have to decide every detail. Also, get her number and off of the app as soon as possible.

Try: Want to grad dinner @ nice cafe @ day and time?
>>
>>37809369
KEK. This is the best reply ever
>>
>>37809384
I actually have her number, we've been texting for several weeks. In fact she asked me for my number.
>>
If she's really a shut in she probably got nervous. Now she's even more nervous because she waited to respond, so replying now is more intimidating than the reward of messaging you back, even if she wants to.

What you should do is message her again as if you never asked her out, whatever sort of message you'd usually send. That gives her an out to respond without having to acknowledge her flakiness or whatever.

Then once you guys are back to normal talking, suggest talking on Skype. But suggest it then, not next Tuesday. If you haven't traded pics yet, do that first though.
>>
>>37809331
This. My bro met a girl on PoF, they connected instantly but she put off meeting because she was a shut in and was nervous. He told her it was okay to just keep chatting and hang out when she was comfortable and that week they hung out. Two years together, that could be you anon.
>>
>>37808792
When you're a shut-in with no real experience a meetup can be enough to set off attacks and feels like an insurmountable mountain of a task. Sure getting to that point is easy enough its just small steps through text but once you actually realize you've made it to the threshold you get scared of where you're at.

Just send her a non-cringe message saying the meet-up doesn't have to happen. Worst case scenario it hits open air.
>>
I've decided I'll say something, but
>>37809661
>non-cringe
Please elaborate.
>>
>>37809858
Just something along the lines of treating it like the ghosting and request never happened and don't push for a meet-up.
Most you should do is something like "when you're ready.".
>>
Say "alright good talk" and unmatch her
>>
>>37809498
pls keep stories like this to yourself, no worse torment than giving robots false hope
>>
Just asked her if she still wants to talk, and that we don't need to meet yet if she doesn't want to.
Wish me luck.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.