[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Therapist appointment in 2 hours >Don't want to go

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1492582915761.jpg (90KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1492582915761.jpg
90KB, 640x640px
>Therapist appointment in 2 hours
>Don't want to go
>Too late to cancel
>Hes probs gonna charge me

How do you stop seeing these guys anyway?

Do I just call and tell his secretary I'm done with it all?

All hes ever done is write stuff down. I stopped taking his drugs so I don't need him for those anyway.

At what point do I stop seeing him? Do I stop it or will he?
>>
File: Updated GF Venn Diagram.png (153KB, 1100x950px) Image search: [Google]
Updated GF Venn Diagram.png
153KB, 1100x950px
Who's paying for it? If it's free, keep going. If not, call him and ask to end your therapy and collect your records. Also, I had written this before, but I'll post it again since it pertains to how utterly pointless therapy is, I'd honestly say it's close to being a scam.

The vast majority of our life as an incel is misery, suffering, loneliness and depression. The constant anxieties and grievances. The broken dating system. The rigged job market. The cruel legal system. The vile medical industry. The sadistic roasties. The insufferable normies.

Of course, normies will turn around and say "oh, suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem!" but they're just shilling another empty platitude. They have no clue of the permanence. Depression has no known medical cure, SSRIs are ineffective, SNRIs are ineffective, antipsychotics are ineffective, vitamin D and fish oil are ineffective, therapy is ineffective, exercise and proper diet are ineffective. Quite simply, nothing works.
>>
>>37805214
If you're not taking meds and not even seeing progress, you are basically trowing away money. If you still wanna give it a try, find a therapist you trust and feel like is helping you somehow.
>>
>it's an anon thinks he knows better than trained professionals and stops taking his medication and refuses to engage with his therapy properly episode

Enjoy your shit life.
>>
>>37805214
DAAAAAMMMNNN NAPOLEON LOOKED LIKE THAT!?
>>
>>37805595
I agree
Also, how did it get so bad you need a therapist? I would never dream of telling anyone about this kind of stuff.
>>
>>37805300

>Assuming OP is incel
>Thinking incels are at the top for suffering
>proceeds to talk out of his ass

Myopic and unimaginative.
>>
>>37805595
I didnt have to go to medical school to know therapy wasnt helping me. Everybody is different in that regard. It works for some people but if i was OP i would definitely make sure its the best decision for himself. He can always reschedule appointments to go back if he feels like hes slipping. And for the meds it depends on what theyre for. If theyre just anti depressants then its possible to make positive change with out them. If its a anti pysch then yeah keep taking them. Id call your thereapist to let him know youll be taking a break so the door is still open for coming back. Its always good to let your doctor know youre stopping the medication though. The effects arent gonna stop immediately so theres a chance of potentially something as your brain gets used to the levels of chemicals it produces on its own.
>>
>>37805595
I've been seeing him for three years. I stopped taking his drugs a year ago, now we meet once a month and he just asks how I'm feeling. He knows I stopped the drugs he just thinks I did it gradually and started taking less 6 months ago when I actually stopped cold turkey a year ago.

I've tried to ask him when I can stop seeing him but he thinks I'll relapse so he wants these monthly meetings.

My thinking is if I do relapse I'll ask for an appointment then.

I think hes just Jewing me.
>>
>>37805987
It's possible he is, but you're here on /r9k/. You probably still need to see someone, even if it isn't a professional.
>>
>>37805669
Its not easy talking about stuff like that. Calling for that initial appointment can be hard. But when you get to point where youre worrying for your health or are worried you might harm yourself and nothing is working talking to a professional may not be fun but you see the importance of going. Plus when youre suffering from a mental illness, keeping it a secret is a good way to end up hanging from the ceiling. It doesnt get better by ignoring it unfortunately
>>
You should have never gone in the first place normgroid. Therapy is a meme
>>
>>37805987
I figure your therapist sees it as a safety net. Yeah you might not get benefits from going but if something does happen its already there. But i mean monthly visits seem like a waste. If youre not on the meds and only seeing him once a month it seems like youve got a grasp on what youre doing
>>
>>37805987

Note how your posts are essentially about blaming your therapist with nothing about how you've actually engaged in being proactive about wanting the help you're supposed to be getting?
>>
OP here. Too much of a beta bitch to call and cancel. Too much of a beta bitch to not show up.

I'm going again. Christ this is pathetic.
>>
>>37805987
>been seeing him for three years, drugs aren't working
>>37806974
>too much of a bitch to call and canel
you are benefiting in no way from his treatment
tell him after this session you are done. ask if he can make any recommendations for another psychologist.

it would help to know what you're diagnosed with, what you're prescribed, or any other specifics, but just knowing what I do I know you're wasting your time.
>>
>>37805595
This in all honesty. The whole point of psychotherapy is to get YOU to change YOUR life. If you don't open up, try the things they suggest, or take the drugs then what the fuck do you think is going to happen?
>>
File: 1438491757641s.jpg (3KB, 125x115px) Image search: [Google]
1438491757641s.jpg
3KB, 125x115px
Very few people here actually have real mental problems (Bi polar/Schizo). You would know without a doubt if you did. These are vastly over diagnosed conditions. You think if you pay $100 a session a professional is going to say "Oh your fine, you don't need to come here and pay me!".

There is a place for it, and for some people talking about your problems just genuinely makes you feel better.

The thing a large amount of people here don't understand, is human nature. Even the most normal people feel insecure about things. For people on this website, it seems like no gf is the end of the world, to your parents a bad lending score will result in a similar feel. To a 10/10 girl a fear she will gain weight gives her bad feelings.

Alot of robots won't want to admit it, but there issues are not mental or physical. It is self pity and immaturity. All that really needs to happen to make a lot of people feel better here is they need to grow up a little and experience more stages of life. A pill or a councilor won't help much with this unless you are in the low number of people who are seriously mentally ill.

Unfortunately though, there is no way to get someone to grow up. Its an entirely individual thing sparked by a large variety of events/things. It just happens.

>I hope someone gets something out of this
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.