[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

***Christian General Thread***

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: martin-luther-.jpg (232KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
martin-luther-.jpg
232KB, 1200x1200px
>What is the gospel?
The gospel is the message that Jesus Christ, although existed in the very form of God, did not consider that equality something to be held onto and chose to leave that heavenly place, enter into his own creation and die for the sins of his people. But guess what he rose on the third day because death could not hold it's grip on the blessed son of God and when you are resurrected on the day of judgement the same spirit that raised Christ from the dead will also be the same spirit that raised you on the last day.

>How to enter heaven
One enters into heaven through faith alone, for Christ had already died for our sins and so what could we possibly add on to that? Are we to say that the blood of Christ is not sufficient and we are to add onto that? No, his blood cleansed us of sin and to be cleansed of your sins you first must believe and Christ will do the rest.

I invite Christians, agnostics, atheists and everything in between, that includes people of other faith, to discuss Christianity and learn more about the largest religion in the world. God bless! I the past I have tried to appeal to non-believers by kinda white washing but now, none of that but also be prepared because you might not get the answers you like although they might be true. I have also created a discord server which is mainly for Christians and non-believers looking for a discussion. It's not really meant for discussion, but if you do cause trouble, you will be removed from the server.
>.gg/AyQfdQW

Thread: XIX

Cont of: http://boards.4chan.org/r9k/thread/37622352b
>>
>>37794311
Is it gay to attracted to traps and trannies?
Is it a sin to marry them?
>>
Actually, cont of this thread: >>37622352
>>
FUCK OFF ALREADY, FOR FUCKS SAKE, YOU OBNOXIOUS FUCKING LARPER
GO BACK TO /POL/ AND PRETEND YOURE A CHIRSTIAN THERE WITH YOUR KEKSERVATIVE FRIENDS, FUCKING CUNT
>>
>>37794311
why is Islam/Hinduism/Buddhism wrong but Christianity right?
>>
>>37794330
Kekistanis you mean kek
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 720x1430px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 720x1430px
Where are the Orthodox at, my brothers?
>>
>>37794317
>Is it gay to attracted to traps and trannies?
Well, if I'm not mistaken then all those things really are, are females with male reproductive organs. If you are lusting after another, then that would be sin.

>Is it a sin to marry them?
Don't think so. But since marriage have to be between a man and a woman then I would say if they tranny/strap has a male reproductive organ then I guess you must have a female one.
Also, trannies are not allowed since they have gone through surgery and are not actually women/men. If a trap is naturally born like that, then I guess do what I said above.
>>
I am an atheist, but there is something really comfy and familiar about christianity. It feels that if god is real, christianity is the religion that is closest to him, as opposed to say islam or judaism.
I wish I could make myself believe but my parents raised me an atheist and I cant really "override" that.
>>
>>37794349
I actually meant to say cuckservative, but I forgot that if you type cuck with capslock on it gets filtered to KEK. It's like a t b h > desu filter.
now go back to /pol/, faggot.
>>
>>37794385
Just call them kekistani. It triggers them.

>>37794360
You're not clear. Speak English
>>
File: G_d.jpg (24KB, 1200x680px) Image search: [Google]
G_d.jpg
24KB, 1200x680px
>>37794330
I'm not really a kekistani. I do have a lot of anti /pol/ opinions and a few /pol/ accepted ones.
Also, all I'm doing is just spreading the message of the gospel.

>>37794350
Protestant here!

>>37794348
Multiple reasons. Islam is wrong because it says that Jesus didn't die on the cross even though most if not all scholars agree that he did.

Buddhism I don't know too much about it but seems like just another far eastern religion.

Christianity is the one true faith.
>>
>>37794407
No, you can't lust after or marry a trannie.
>>
>>37794360
>Well, if I'm not mistaken
No, you're not fucking mistaken. You've been making these threads on /r9k/ for months, so it's safe to assume that you know perfectly fine what traps are, fucking fag. Stop pretending you're pure or holy or ascended or whatever you're pretending you are, you braindead larping cumstained wanker.
>>
>>37794369
>I wish I could make myself believe but my parents raised me an atheist, and I cant really "override" that.
Perhaps we can discuss some of these issues. Feel free to ask questions, and I will answer to the best of my abilities, God willing.
>>
File: Comfy_guy.jpg (53KB, 197x190px) Image search: [Google]
Comfy_guy.jpg
53KB, 197x190px
>tfw watching Steven Anderson rant about salvation by faith and not of works lest any man should boast even though I am an atheist
>>
>>37794455
No, what I meant was, I'm not sure whether a trap is someone who has undergone surgery or is naturally born with male reproductive organs. In fact, I try to ignore trap threads and gay stuff on here. They don't interest me.
>>
>>37794465
I like the guy too but he's kind of a spook. He believes in King James onlyism. Not sure you know what that is.
>>
>>37794463
Thank you but it feels like I have to "brain wash" myself to believe that for example if I pray that somebody actually listens even though i get nothing that would help me believe.

Other than that what turns me off a bit is that there is a lack of consistency in the bible about something as fundamental as salvation and the ambivalent relationship with the old law.
>>
File: 1477536494321.png (13KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1477536494321.png
13KB, 429x410px
>Martin Luther
>Christian
Pick one.
>>
How can you be a Christian and be a soldier if you're supposed to be turning the other cheek?
Are the soldiers supposed to be atheist but civilians are Christian? Every nation needs an army.
>>
>>37794311
How do you explain life after death scientifically. Also how do you explain virgin births, Resurrection and other such nonsense?
>>
>>37794528
>if I pray that somebody actually listens even though I get nothing that would help me believe.
It's kinda more to do with the mentality. You shouldn't treat God as your personal genie but rather a father who wants to have a relationship with you. Sometimes your father might not give you what you want, but that doesn't stop you from loving him. Just focus on being closer to God and not getting what "you" want. Remember it's not about you, it's about God getting his glory.

>Other than that what turns me off a bit is that there is a lack of consistency in the bible about something as fundamental as salvation and the ambivalent relationship with the old law.
This is actually my favourite thing to talk about and would be more than happy to answer. Again feel free to ask questions.
>>
>>37794492
Yes I know what you mean. KJV 1611 being the literal word of god and only this translation. And the bible literalism in generally is taken to a bit of an autistic place with southern baptists. But his sermons are often relatable to real life and i enjoy watching them.

Are there other good preachers who broadcast regularly? I only know robert breaker but he is a denominationalist this is not tge traditional interpretation of the bible as far as I know.
>>
>>37794409
>Christianity is the one true faith.

why?
>>
god does not exist
>>
>>37794549
>first guy to ever introduce real christian values to the so called christian church.
>first Guy to translate the bible so people could actually read and not be fooled by powerhungry rats.

if it weren't for him you would probably still buy letters of indulgence like the gullible retard you are.
>>
>>37794311
Martin Luther is the anti-christ
>>
>>37794587
Jesus is the only one who said he was the Alpha and Omega.
>>
>>37794579
> You shouldn't treat God as your personal genie but rather a father who wants to have a relationship with you.

No this is not what i meant. Not that i ask to grant wishes, just that it feels that i am just talking to myself in an empty room and i get no confirmation that i am being heard. I know its literally where the faith is coming in, but i need some signal or something to know that i am not alone.
>>
>>37794549
Yeah, he was! Also, your pick is of a Nazi. Not very Christian.

>>37794566
>How can you be a Christian and be a soldier if you're supposed to be turning the other cheek?
I actually don't know. I have heard from people that we are not to fight in wars and be a pacifist. On the other hand, I've heard there are times when one must defend oneself. But I haven't researched too much on this part.

>>37794570
>How do you explain life after death scientifically.
I can't but I have seen videos where they try to give evidence for it but since science is not my place of expertise I tend to stay away from it.
Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBsI_ay8K70&list=PL1mr9ZTZb3TX_4LthrdGqACsqIWKd2gs-

As for they other things "miracles!"

>>37794586
Great to heard lad!

>Are there other good preachers who broadcast regularly?
Yes, there is a guy called James White who has a youtube channel called Alpha and Omega ministries. He talks about a lot of topics very regularly and even does live streams where people can ask questions.
>>
>>37794651
Yeah, he does! I think it's hard to prove God exists but there is more reason to believe in him than not.

>>37794665
See this wonderful answer here lad: >>37794664
>>
>>37794311
Is it true that the crucifixion of Christ was literally the death of G-d? That the true message of Christianity is to find the kingdom of the father in the community of all humanity?
>>
>>37794673
"I am the alpha and Omega."

Now Jesus is not the only one who said it, so that means that christanity is no longer the one true faith
>>
>>37794587
Just the faith and belief of the early church fathers. The amount of scholarly proof for Jesus's existence and much, much more!

>>37794678
>i need some signal or something to know that i am not alone.

>Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
John 20:29
>>
>>37794741
You aren't a miraculous prophet who died for mankind.
>>
>>37794720
>I think it's hard to prove God exists
impossible to prove

>more reason to believe in him than not
for example?
>>
>>37794754
Sure and I know that this is where the religious aspect in coming in but its just not enough for me to overcome having been an atheist my whole life.
>>
>>37794738
>Is it true that the crucifixion of Christ was literally the death of G-d?
Yes, but you must understand that God, in all his glory cannot die ad so he took on the body of a man so he could experience death.

>That the true message of Christianity is to find the kingdom of the father in the community of all humanity?
Well, the way I see it is our goal is to return to that state we were in before the fall. We seek to return in god's presence and be with him. The commandments do say things like love thou brother, but this is God working in us to love others. The goal is to enter the new earth, the new Jerusalem. God's presence.
>>
>>37794692
Thanks for recommendation man.
>>
>>37794806
>for example?

I posted this in a thread to prove God exists.

>Think of it this way. Imagine there was a door that needed to be open before you could enter a room. But before you could enter it you had to ask the person behind you, may I open this door? Then before that person could give you a response, he had to ask the person behind him if he has permission to allow you to allow the other person in front of him to open the door. Now imagine this went on for an eternity, would the first person ever be able to open the door?

Now I say the same for the universe if there always had to be a cause would there ever be a time when anything in creation could have been created? There had to be an uncaused first cause to swing that door open without permission, and I believe that it was God who swung that door and opened the gates to this realm of reality.

Thoughts?
>>
File: 40FZnEf.jpg (23KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
40FZnEf.jpg
23KB, 800x533px
>>37794840
Great to hear man! Wish you the best!

>>37794811
Keep on praying. When the Jerusalem disciples were preaching and being persecuted, they would have never have known that Christianity would have become what it was today, but still, they carried on and persevered till the end. All I can say to you is don't quite and carry one lad!
>>
Where can I read about God?
>>
>>37795063
There's this really cool book not sure if you're heard about it but it's called the Bible.
>>
could someone explain about trinity?
I have read St. Basil about the Holy Spirit half way through and still can't grasp the concept

I'd be very grateful
>>
>>37795269
I'll try.

The Trinity, also known as the Godhead, is the idea that God, being one being, is comprised of three persons IE Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

The father is not the son; the son is the holy spirit, and the holy spirit is not the father. But despite this, they are all fully and equally God. They are separate from each other but at the same time are once in essence and being and so each is fully God.

Some might say this is complex or difficult, but one must remember that we can't understand God. He is far too complex for us, and according to one of the commandments, we must humble ourselves to God.

>Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble.
1 Peter 3:8

And so we say that we cannot understand God and so we humble ourselves to this fact.

Hope this answered your questions. If not then feel free to ask more, and I will answer to the best of my abilities, God willing.
>>
>>37794311
How do I stop Jews from destroying my arguments every time I try to prosletyze? They're always going "nuh-uh, the Bible actually says this!" and then they back it up with quotes and figures and academic articles and I have no idea what to do.
>>
>>37795440
Just do what I do, study. I've watched discussion by Jews and understand where they're coming from and so I can better understand them.

So what my advice would be is study!
>>
>>37795486
But when I do study, I very rarely find anything that's actually helpful. Like, I was on /his/ the other day; and there was this Jew coming on about how Ezekiel talks about how in the Messianic era, the "Prince" (Messiah) would inaugurate the Temple with a sin offering, thus implying that the ending of ritual sacrifice isn't something that's going to happen with the Second Coming, and I tried to shut it down by claiming it wasn't a messianic prophecy, but then he goes on about when Ezekiel was talking and how later parts of the same prophecy talk about all twelve tribes being present which means they were gathered back to the land and thus messianic era, and everything I've since studied hasn't given me any insight whatsoever.
>>
>>37795538
Could yu perhaps give me the verse? Also, it sounds like he's talking about the sin offering on the across that would the ending of ritual sacrifice.

If you want some more things to study then look at Isaiah 53. It's quite explicitly talking about Christ as well as psalm 22.
>>
>>37795613
He mentioned Ezekiel 45:22(actually, he started with verse 16 and went on to the end of the chapter, but 22's the only one that mentions a sin offering), and then later 47:13 as part of the same prophecy to demonstrate that it was indeed in the messianic era, as you have all twelve tribes in Israel.
>>
>>37795751
What point was he trying to make? Is he a messianic jew or not?
>>
>>37795790
As far as I know, he was just a Jew-Jew. And the point being that in the Messianic era we're still going to have temple offerings, including sin offerings, and therefore Jesus cannot mean an end to ritual sacrifice, and thus a huge pillar of the entire theological structure of Christianity is resting on a bad foundation.
>>
Always good to see threads like this.
>>
>>37796038
>Ezekiel 45:

>In the period here foretold, the worship and the ministers of God will be provided for; the princes will rule with justice, as holding their power under Christ; the people will live in peace, ease, and godliness. These things seem to be represented in language taken from the customs of the times in which the prophet wrote. Christ is our Passover that is sacrificed for us: we celebrate the memorial of that sacrifice, and feast upon it, triumphing in our deliverance out of the Egyptian slavery of sin, and our preservation from the destroying sword of Divine justice, in the Lord's supper, which is our passover feast; as the whole Christian life is, and must be, the feast of the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary

Seems as though it's a metaphorical representation of what is to come

>>37796044
Glad you're enjoying it!
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.