[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you watch twitch streams to simulate having friends

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 10

File: [email protected] (11KB, 1045x588px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01-339972c9e1c18d23.png@jpg.jpg
11KB, 1045x588px
My most meaningful source of interation with another human being is being subscribed to his twitch and ocasionally donating small amounts to vote for a new game or a movie he would watch.
Yesterday I stayed up until 5 am because he was streaming movies and I didnt want to miss it.
I think its not as bad as orbiting a girl and donating 100s of dollars per month but its still pretty sad.

Anyone knows that feel?
>>
anon i think you are gay
>>
>>37792772
>Anyone knows that feel?
I never subbed or donated but i can relate to this feeling when you go to twitch just to find company.
>>
>>37792772
that was me 4 years ago
then i managed to get into a friend circle
since we're all betas i get to be king of the betas
it's pretty sweet
>>
>>37792789
No I am not attracted to him. He just seems really cool and nice and the kind of person I would love to hang out with.
>>
File: 1477582601459.jpg (10KB, 228x216px) Image search: [Google]
1477582601459.jpg
10KB, 228x216px
>>37792772
>twitch
always wondering who is stupid enough to donate on twitch, thank you anon now i know robots
>>
>>37792810
>He just seems really cool and nice and the kind of person I would love to hang out with
What his stream?
>>
>>37792823
He is russian, so you probably wouldnt watch him but his twitch name is lasqa.
>>
File: IMG_2277.png (565KB, 600x610px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2277.png
565KB, 600x610px
>>37792818
>he pays him because he thinks he's his friend
>>
>>37792851
No I dont think he is my friend.
>>
twitch is basically therapy for broken men with some underage gamers thrown in too
>>
Do you people like streamers with a lot of viewers or small time ones?
>>
>>37792894
i unironically watch summit for 20 minutes at a time
>>
File: IMG_2278.png (168KB, 748x756px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2278.png
168KB, 748x756px
>>37792875
>he pays someone that plays video games who isn't his friend but wants to be his friend
Fixed?
>>
>>37792894
I like smaller ones. Feels more personal especially when they are replying to a lot of comments.
However when yhey are really tiny, like when only 10 people watch then its just sad.
>>
>>37792929
>10 viewer streams with only one guy in chat who knows more about the game than the streamer
comfy af senpai
>>
>>37792919
You make it sound like I pay him because I want to be his friend.
You can watch it without paying and I did for a long time. However I like supporting him with few bucks a month.
>>
>>37792929
>However when yhey are really tiny, like when only 10 people watch then its just sad.
But you have to get started somewhere. I personality find it interesting that tiny streamers dont have any mechanical skill but never talk either. I mean i could watch entertaining streamer even if he sucks at game.
>>
>>37792939
I dont know I guess it depends on the streamer. Might be fun if you know the game and give him advice althouh I think it is often frowned upon.
>>
>>37792818
This. It was quite a mystery. And now I'm depressed that I share a board with people that pathetic.
>>
>>37792949
>I pay a man who plays video games for a living
Version 3.0
>>
>>37792993
Yes, now this sounds about right
>>
>put stream on audio only mode
>listen to streamer while falling asleep

My shit's all fucked. I think I might need to meet people IRL.
>>
>>37793048
Yes this is basically the only way I fall asleep now.
>>
>>37793048
>listen to streamer while falling asleep
which one?
>>
>>37793048
Eh, i do that sometimes too, as low background noise when im playing a game. if i see a stream with some old ass rpg playing, but that is rare on twitch these days.
>>
>>37792772
Yes this is all I do now all day with many different streamers. I'm too socially inept to have real friends and it kills the loneliness surprisingly well. I don't pay them though
>>
>>37793138
Mostly Reckful. I don't even play Hearthstone.
>>
>>37792839
TbI lasVasyan
>>
>>37793278
lasLove
>>
>watching other people play video games
can someone explain this shit to me?
>>
>>37793625
>can someone explain this shit to me?
You need company.
>>
>>37793625
Interaction, not only with the streamer but also with other people in chat.
Feeling of being part of a group at least for a short time.
>>
>>37793625
For some streamers the video game is just something for them to do while they chat and interact with viewers. It's not the reason people watch, the streamer themselves are.
>>
>>37793625
high quality gameplay that you could never hope to achieve without autistic dedication
>>
>>37793714
>high quality gameplay
Majority of big time streamers are not even that good at the game.
>>
>>37793727
i'm giving my reason to watch, not other people's reason
>>
File: 1406103869887.jpg (83KB, 653x490px) Image search: [Google]
1406103869887.jpg
83KB, 653x490px
>>37793655
>You need company.
does it get any worse than this, bros? I'm so lonely I watch streamers to fill the silence and so I don't forget what human interaction feels like.
>>
>>37793744
>I'm so lonely I watch streamers to fill the silence and so I don't forget what human interaction feels like.
Same. I wish i could be so carefree and entertaining.
>>
>>37793048
Same anon. I do it too.
Are we too far gone ?
>>
Just a random theoretical question. If someone from /r9k/ made a twitch channel or a youtube channel and shilled it on this board a few times, how opposed would you be to this? Obviously not monetized no patreon no nothing.
>>
>>37793879
Probably would end up creating tripfaggotry, attention-whoring and a circlejerk so I would be opposed. I understand the intention but things like these never end well.
>>
Who here /forsenboy/?
>>
>>37794032
>Who here /forsenboy/?
I watched him when he was on gachi hearthstone peak but never after. That stuff gets repetitive too fast.
>>
>>37794076
He's moved away from Hearthstone and is more of a variety streamer now. Pretty comfy.
>>
>>37794032
He is the most boring streamer ever, can't see how he got popular.
>Muhhh I'm gonna get some food
>Muhh top Kek LUL
>Clown fiesta XD
Always there same crap

Anyway
Who /ice Poseidon/ here and who /B0aty/ here?
>>
>>37794142
>can't see how he got popular
he was good at heartstone
>>
>>37793070
So, I'm not the only one, I have the sleeptimer app on Android for this.
>>
>>37794032

>Forsen

Used to watch him a lot, it was pretty sad to see the cancer grow and consume his entire stream and life. I can't physically watch his stream for more than 2 minutes now.

>Radio Kappa or anime music at all times
>Donation every 30 second spamming some meme shit
>Chat spamming meme shit

If forsens stream was a board, it'd be that particular brand of /pol/ that wears a kekistan flag and a pepe mask in public.

And forsen himself

>0 energy
>0 interaction
>Can do an entire stream slumped in a chair never smiling
>The utter retarded logic and lack of problem solving skills that surface whenever he plays any game other than hearthstone
>>
>>37794300
>it was pretty sad to see the cancer grow and consume his entire stream
He's basically sneaky.
>The utter retarded logic and lack of problem solving skills
What do you mean?
>>
>>37794336

Watch him play any game that requires problem solving ability. Any. He gets stuck on shit that isn't even intended to be a puzzle.
>>
>>37792772
>not even playing an esports game
>watching some stupid fucking western normie trash that is peddled over and over in different packaging
I would understand if you would donate to some e-sports personality or a player you acutally like. But giving free money to cucks with no particular talents of characteristics is beyond me. You deserve everything you get from life. This is beyond pathetic, stop posting.
>>37792818
>>37792851
agreed kek
>>37793727
Maybe in league of lego or other overhyped trash like overshit.
>>
>>37794553

But e sports is western normie trash.
>>
>>37794723
Tell that to Koreans you fucking idiot
>>
How hard is to get going on Twitch?

Making a couple of smackaroos while playing video games seems like a pretty sweet gig. Sure beats being a wagie.
>>
>>37794876
>How hard is to get going on Twitch?
It used to be relatively easy in the past but now twitch is oversaturated by streamers.
>>
>>37794794
Why would I watch koreans?
>>
>>37794916
Feels bad man.

Too bad I missed the whole jewtube/streaming train. Literally the perfect job (providing you can make it work, which is a big if).
>>
I do this with Redlettermedia best of the worst episodes and pretend i'm Mike. I've finished watching them all so i'm going through a second time
>>
>>37794975
You just need to be entertaining. Doesnt matter if you start today or 5 years ago. If you are boring, nobody would have cared if you jumped first on the twitch train.
>>
>>37795076
>You just need to be entertaining
Or mechanically gifted at some game.
>>
>>37795103
Yes, being good at some popular game.

For example I ve seen a guy get really popular at EU4 streams because he played the game for more than 10 000 hours and he comes up with really insane strategies and campaigns.

So you need to have a gimmick and then it doesnt matter when you started.
>>
>>37795196
So it all boils down to be either entertaining or mechanically skilled. Too bad the vast majority of small-time streamers are neither of those. I mean they dont even talk or interact with viewers.
>>
being part of a stream and interact through chat is one thing, being such a beta to donate another. That said, I also have watched some streamer, but I usually lose interest after 1-2weeks max.
>>
File: streamers.png (1MB, 1300x638px) Image search: [Google]
streamers.png
1MB, 1300x638px
>>37792772
i like watching girl streamers just to look at their face and watch them talk, some of them look directly at the camera when they are answering questions and it gives me butterflies. i get bored after 5 minutes though.

i dont like the titty streamers though
>>
>>37795225
Well it's their fault then. Why stream if you are not going to talk to your audience. I think there is a demand for comfy streamers so you dont have to be really good at the game, just play and talk about random stuff.
>>37795413

What about foot streamers
>>
>>37795447
>talk about random stuff
Just interacting is enough?
>>
>>37795479
Talking a bit about the game if you know about it, maybe talking about random things, asking the chat for advice. Depends on the tone of your channel but you dont have to be super entertaining or skillfull to have people watch you.
If you want to make it big and make it your job, then yes you have to be really amazing.
>>
>>37793625
>>37793714
THIS. I watch other people play because I (((used to be))) an autist raised on video games, but since I managed (((life balance))) yet still love them I watch other high-tier people smash them into bits. They're almost better than watching movies if the dude u watch isn't a chad
>>
I'm gonna try streaming for the first time next week. Wish me luck boys
>>
>>37795759
>next week
What game?
>>
>>37795759
What channel name?
>>
>>37795629
(((what the fuck are you doing lad)))
seriously original
>>
are there any hot french women who stream videogames? i like the accent
>>
>>37795796
Dying Light. Tested a stream earlier today and it seems to have a stable enough connection for Aussie net. Would run OW as I'm pretty alright but my net can't seem to handle online game+streaming. It'll have to wait until fibre in October
>>37795857
MisterMGR. I haven't done anything with it yet.
>>
>>37795990
Alright I will watch how it goes and learn from your mistakes.
When are tou planning to stream?
>>
>>37796104
Sometime AEST this Tuesday morning. So probably around 8pm EST. I have another channel I'm still working on setting up but that needs more work. Should I start a new game or run from where I am?
>>
>>37796193
It probably would make sense to start a new game and then explain what choices you make in leveling up and such.
>>
File: 634c2825f3da30bf10f21a04b655d8f7.jpg (509KB, 1261x712px) Image search: [Google]
634c2825f3da30bf10f21a04b655d8f7.jpg
509KB, 1261x712px
My favorite streamer is Britbong, he makes trolling videos but he streams from his Youtube.

He's been doing quite well, went from 300 regular to 800-1000 never seen a guy quite like him to be honest, i have a bit of a crush on him lol
>>
>>37796302
Sounds good. Will do. Fuck playing on Hard mode despite it being scarier. Might upgrade later on but when a normal zombie takes 2 weapons worth of head bashing to kill you kinda groan at any sort of combat. Up to you though man, you'll be the one watching
>>
>>37796349
>300 regular to 800-1000
Fuck this shit, i wish my native language would English instead of Lithuanian.
>>
>>37796349
so are you midget tears himself or one of his discord fanboys?
>>
i don't watch twitch to simulate friends i watch it because its fun and i suck at games. I also don't have to think when watching so time flies by pretty quicky. Its like people who watch sports or anything on tv. my ratio of watching streams to playing games is like 95:5 now. I used to play more a couple of years ago but i lost interest. I even watch games that i have never played before.
>>
I watch Dabacabb and Wraxu because they're kinda fun and I hope to be as cool as them when I stream
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.