[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Schizo General

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: Photo Jan 31, 12 40 29 AM.jpg (204KB, 688x500px) Image search: [Google]
Photo Jan 31, 12 40 29 AM.jpg
204KB, 688x500px
I've grown to enjoy my illness
>>
File: 1461848324745.png (70KB, 368x276px) Image search: [Google]
1461848324745.png
70KB, 368x276px
>>37782273
How does the illness start manifesting itself upon its onset? Do you just basically one day wake up all out of it, or do the symptoms creep in?
>>
>>37782487
The symptoms creep in. For me it started with social withdrawal and lack of care for self hygiene, then I started hearing the voices and getting paranoid, then the delusions started. I'm on clozapine now and I kinda miss going through psychosis
>>
>>37782531
How exactly did the voices start and what were they like? The thing runs in my family and just this morning I heard the disembodied voice of my father for a while, thinking he'd somehow gotten home when I was supposed to pick him up with a car, so I went out to apologize for somehow missing his call, looked through the house and realised there's nobody there. Anything like the illness, or just something else?
>>
>>37782642
It's different for everyone, but usually the voices are either internal or external. If they're internal there's someone in your head. For me he usually commentates on my behavior. Sometimes he tells me to do things and other times he talks to other people in my head. If it's external you hear voices of people that aren't there. Sometimes you can see people that aren't there. For me, the voices started when there was someone in my head that wasn't me. Then I heard voices of people that weren't there in my house. If you think you have schizophrenia, chances are you probably don't because you're not self aware of it. I thought it was all real until my parents tricked me into going to a psychiatrist and put me on these fucking drugs
>>
>>37782746
>If you think you have schizophrenia, chances are you probably don't because you're not self aware of it.
What about if you have been aware of the possibility before the onset? I'm a very introverted person in general and spend much time introspecting.
I don't specifically think I've got it, but I'm just playing around with the idea since the symptoms match and I've never really had auditory hallucinations before. At least not to the extent that they'd continue and would succesfully fool me into thinking they were real.
>>
What were the symptoms you experienced first
>>
File: pikaman.png (117KB, 299x300px) Image search: [Google]
pikaman.png
117KB, 299x300px
>MFW I was schizoaffective for 3 years
>MFW I was locked in my head for the better part of 2 of those years
>MFW I made a full recovery and I'm now off medication
>MFW my doctor tells me hes never seen anyone recover the way I did

I'm baffled, and my doctor could give no explanation. I've heard of it being manageable with medication and therapy, but once I got therapy and medication it literally went away after about 2 years. Any other anons /postcrazy/ ?
>>
>>37783266
What does locked in your head mean explain pls
>>
>>37783281
He was in his own little world, not giving a fuck about what was happening. Basically Chris Chan autism.
>>
>>37782273
I have nothing to contribute other than to say same, I can sympathise. I finally wrote out thoughts last night instead of hyperventilating on the floor giddily saying "ididitididitididit" and talking to myself about how I figured out their ruse.

Felt better than talking to self for whatever reason.
>>
File: relaxed.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
relaxed.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>37783281
I dunno how other people might use the term, but what I meant was that basically I couldn't do anything productive. I has either in bed not doing anything, eating, or bathing (2 to 3 times a week at my worst). Conversation was hard and I couldn't focus on anything like vidja or shows/movies for any length of time. Sometimes I listened to music because it was such a passive form of entertainment. I was so distracted by invasive thoughts, the voices, and paranoia that doing much of anything was next to impossible. I got out of the house for therapy, but that was about it.

Weirdest part was that I wasn't even really bored per-say. The constant buzz in my head kept be 'occupied' enough that I never really longed for something to do or wished I could focus. I was self aware the whole time, I knew that my delusions and voices weren't real and that I was very sick. I knew that the way I felt all the time wasn't normal, I knew my family was sad for me and I knew that it was a bad thing I couldn't focus. I cried sometimes and I wasn't sure why at the time, but now I think it was because I was just distressed by the condition I realized I was in.

Shit was scary anon, like the most bizarre bad trip mixed with a general anxiety for the world and confusion about everything. It was the most backwards and confused I can ever imagine anyone being, and it was for 3 fucking years (right in the middle of highschool) that I'm not ever getting back. 1/10, would not recommend.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.