[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It really, really confuses me that so many people are fine with

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_4975.jpg (100KB, 509x339px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4975.jpg
100KB, 509x339px
It really, really confuses me that so many people are fine with spending 40 years working 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. I can understand most normie ways of thinking, even if I don't agree with them, but this just absolutely blows my mind. How do so many people just partake in slavery for over half of their life and not question it?
>>
>>37757342
That's why you have to love what you do, otherwise you're just working to not die.
>>
>fine
what makes you think people are fine with it?
>>
stupid neet
>>
>>37757342
Find something you enjoy doing, work doesn't have to mean slavery, if you enjoy your day to day and get on with your co workers then work is genuinely fun. Also, the whole pay thing, earning more than all your friends from school is an immensely satisfying feeling
>>
File: strea.jpg (50KB, 500x587px) Image search: [Google]
strea.jpg
50KB, 500x587px
They're happy living the simpleton life. Sometimes it's better to be dumber; Ignorance is bliss, yes it is.
>>
>>37757342
what are you dooing with all your free rine ?
>>
>>37757342
>slavery
Some people enjoy what they do. Others like contributing to society in a meaningful way. People may like work because it gets them away from their shitty family, or because it gives them a purpose. I don't expect you to understand any of this, but there it is.
A lot of jobs are admittedly menial (cashier, janitor) and don't really offer much in the way of purpose. These people need to eat, since not everybody has mommy to provide for them.
>>
That feel looking forward to work or somewhere
>>
File: 78945338795iu4y35.png (446KB, 492x479px) Image search: [Google]
78945338795iu4y35.png
446KB, 492x479px
>>37757342
>>37757342
This is literally why I literally dedicated my life to winning the lottery. The trinity of freedom is health, time and money. I had more money when I worked full time, but life sucked because I never had time to do much of anything except work and prepare for/recover from work. I had plenty of free time when NEET, but I couldn't do much of anything because everything costs money, and I don't have the intelligence or aptitude to do sedentary computer based income generating activity. So I refuse to work more than 3 days a week and use part time job money to buy lottery tickets because its the only way I can ever be both money rich and time rich.

>b-but its only 8 hours 5 days a week, plenty of free time
When you factor in commute time, unpaid lunch, preparing for and unwinding form work, you have at most 3 hours of free time a day, which isn't really free since you need to be at work or in bed soon so you have to stay close by and avoid anything that keep you up at night or makes you unpresentable at work. Days off you have to catch up on all the laundry, shopping, food preparation etc. that you didn't have time for during the week, and you gotta be back in 2 days.

>>37757401
>love what you do
This meme has to stop. A rare few are able to do things they love, are very talented at and passionate about and make a living off of, the rest are just deluding themselves into accepting their slavery.

>b-but just follow your passion and it will bring you money
LOL nope, quite the opposite. Everything costs both time and money to do in the first place, and unless your activity is so useful or popular that people will pay money for it, over everyone else that does the same thing, then you cannot make a living off of it. Even most successful authors still have day jobs or rely on other sources of income.
>>
>>37757456
>>37757401
every enjoyable areas of work are extremely overcrowded and competitive
>>
>>37757678
I actually pity you. The thought of your gambling, wasting all your money, as you try to convince yourself it is all worth it, and other people, the actual winners, taking your 2 quid along with every other stupid wankers that dreamed of a win. I pity you. The worst feeling that can be directed at you as a man is pity, and that is what I feel for you. You stupid, stupid wanker.
>>
File: b8f.png (321KB, 499x328px) Image search: [Google]
b8f.png
321KB, 499x328px
>>37757342
Its purpose, sitting at home doing nothing is starting to get to me. I go out with friends on the weekend but that leaves 5-6 more days of doing nothing.
>>
>>37757748
I'm a software engineer, I enjoy my job, and I easily fell into it. But I am above average intelligence, and that's all that saved me from a life of shit.
>>
>>37757784
I guess all NEET brainlets should just kill ourselves
>>
File: 6_3BILLION.png (694KB, 1072x532px) Image search: [Google]
6_3BILLION.png
694KB, 1072x532px
>>37757456
>Find something you enjoy doing
I enjoy going to sleep and waking up whenever my body decides to, browsing 4chan, watching sitcoms and youtube videos, going for 4 hour walks outside and meditating. No one is ever going to pay me to do those things

>work doesn't have to mean slavery, if you enjoy your day to day and get on with your co workers then work is genuinely fun.
Slavery can be fun sometimes but its still slavery

>Also, the whole pay thing, earning more than all your friends from school is an immensely satisfying feeling
Fucking normies, their sense of self worth depends on being better than other people, sad.

>>37757564
>>37757564
>These people need to eat, since not everybody has mommy to provide for them.
What OP is wondering, and what I wonder myself, and I even asked my mom this, is how is such a work-full-time-to-merely-exist lifestyle is even bearable, how do people just cope with it instead of just deciding to ill themselves or something. Drugs, alcohol, prescription medication, fear of being alone, desire to feel useful, self esteem tied to ability to earn slave wages?
>>
>>37757342

we're not fine with it, there's just no other reasonable path to surviving in this world. it's this or the freedom to starve.

inb4 getting on neetbucks or some other /r9k/ fantasy
>>
>>37757866
I'm going to kill myself. That's what I've decided.
>>
>>37757342
I've been NEET, I've been a student, I've worked 3 jobs simultaneously before. When you live independently with no one to count on you HAVE to earn money to survive.

It just so happens that I must dedicate a portion of my time to working. I enjoy the feeling of being productive, making a contribution to society, leading people, answering their questions, teaching my coworkers and getting promotions and pay raises. It makes me appreciate my free time much more, and I still have hours every day and weekend to do as I please.

When you aren't working some retail hell job and do something that's mentally stimulating work can be enjoyable. And when you're getting paid to do something you enjoy, you've won. I get to spend that money on things I want to do in my free time, and save to do things later and have some peace of mind.

I understand most people will call me a brainwashed normie cuck for saying all of this but I genuinely don't see what's wrong about having a good work ethic.
>>
>>37757813
Nah, never. Find something to enjoy, whether inside or outside of work, you can be happy living off of benefits.
>>
>>37757891
how can I become a happy slave like you, or did you just luck into it like >>37757784 ?
>>
>>37757827
Why not make youtube videos, or sell meditation sessions to stupid housewives, take obese people on these walks with you to work on their fitness. All these things are just what you do now and could be bringing in some form of income if you wasn't so lazy. Also what the fuck are you talking about, one of your refutations is that slavery can be fun? Are you retarded? That isn't a solid argument. And yeah, I do enjoy doing better than other people, I loved myself when I was dirt poor too though, so I don't think my self worth is entirely based on that. It's just like an added layer of satisfaction to my life. You'd understand if you had any frame of reference, but you don't. Loser
>>
>>37757961
Well I've worked over a dozen different kinds of jobs in the last 10 years. Secretary, cashier for a costume store, seamstress, sign twirler, mascot, signal intelligence, retail, Starbucks, line cook, graveyard shift inventory stocker, morning shift inventory management, comic book store employee, food service, office job for a complaints department, and now manager of my own division in a small office. I hated most of them, was okay with some of them. I've only really been happy at two- when I worked for a comic book store and my current office job. It's almost entirely about the management. You can have the shittiest job in the world but if the people you work with are pleasant and productive it's never that bad. You can work the highest paying, piss-easy job in the world but if you're surrounded by assholes 40+ hours a week you'll want to shoot yourself.

I'm obviously not someone that's above average intelligence, just someone with a good work ethic who is willing to persevere until I find something that works. I found something that works. Hopefully I'll go back to school next year and work in a field I have a real interest in, but for now I'm content.
>>
>>37757891
I agree with this completely, work is a means to an end, and it's an end we all must meet, so why the fuck not just enjoy it, and make the most of it? People here act like earning 10k a year from handouts is living the high life, as if you can afford foreign holidays and your own car and house and shit on that income.
>>
File: 45688540.jpg (605KB, 1600x1084px) Image search: [Google]
45688540.jpg
605KB, 1600x1084px
>>37758058
I'm not actually good at anything to the point I can sell my expertise or teach people things. And I am too much a proponent of free sharing of information to even try, not to mention there is plenty of free information on the internet. I learned about some guy in L.A. that makes money literally taking people on walks, but thats not something I can do since I don't drive and am highly introverted. The very concept of people a people walker sound absurd though, and undoubtedly, as I know from experience walking with friends occasionally, it takes the fun out of recreational walking having to pace yourself with other people, constantly having to stop while they answer texts and take selfies, and struggling to keep up conversation instead of just being quiet and alone like a meditative experience.

There may be times at work I have a good time talking to customers and employees, and feel like I really made someone's life better, but it doesn't change the fact that I'd rather be out and about or enjoying leisure relaxation than stuck in the same place for 8.5 hours, and that any other person, or an automated system couldn't do my job just as well. I don't have the intelligence or aptitude to do mentally demanding work that requires you to overclock your brain while at the same time sit (or stand) still at a desk all day.

I have come to terms with being an incompetent loser long ago, when my bubble of pseudo-self-esteem was shattered, I realized that I'm not special, and in fact am below average in most regards. The resolution of this crisis was to adopt a form of 'self exceptionalism' where I don't compare myself to others, refuse to compete with people or hold myself to any standard of masculinity, and decide that I have intrinsic self worth because I have infinite self love.
>>
Everyone hates their jobs, 40-hour weeks. Unfortunately you need one to live.
>>
>>37758485
I could almost respect that, you have turned what sounds like a depressive personality type into a happy outlook, but you shouldn't dismiss yourself so quickly. Look into jobs, work with kids maybe, they're so dumb even a below average intelligence man can teach them something. Work somewhere different, and then at least if you don't like it you can say you tried. And mate, gambling is a mugs game, the lottery is a tax for people who don't understand statistics, don't buy into the society jews bullshit.
>>
>>37757678
buy BTC/ETH instead of spending in lottery
>>
>>37757342
Yeah. I tried the navy because good pay and 20 year retirement
I lasted four months before I had to leave.

Next I tried retail. I lasted longer but I still hated it. I don't get why people do it. I have noticed I lack whatever it is that drives normies though, and that's probably a big part of it. Money simply isn't worth slaving for. Until my mom kicks me out, I am going to live with what I have and be conservative with the measly amount of money I do get.
>>
>>37759012
How did you get kicked out after four months?
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (267KB, 999x779px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
267KB, 999x779px
>>37758569
What OP is trying to ask is HOW IS LIFE EVEN WORTH LIVING IF YOU HAVE TO WORK 40+ HOURS A WEEK MOST OF THE YEAR MOST OF YOUR LIFE JUST TO EXIST
>>37758657
I'm INTP. Also very limited by my present circumstances. Theres a lot I would have power to improve in my life if I had a safe and comfortable place to live and was driving. But sleeping in the cold living room of a shitty old apartment and walking or taking buses everywhere there's not much I can do. Can't get to sleep until late because I need a few hours at least to unwind away form people and noise to be able to fall asleep. Whereas I imagine if my parents had a quiet suburban house and I had a bedroom it could be easy to sleep normal hours and do work other than closing shift retail and food service wagecuckery

>>37758657
>>37758854
Too lazy and risk averse. Lottery is simple, just go to any 7-11 and purchase $5, $10, or $20 tickets, win something or nothing, and thats it. Lottery gives me hope, my mission in life is to become financially liberated by winning a jackpot.

I looked at that stats all sorts of ways, but the fact is, people still do win the lottery, and as long as I keep playing, that could be me. My greatest wish at the moment is to win the Mega Millions jackpot today, and I'm too much a happy optimist not to try. They say problem gamblers gamble because they are depressed, but I feel the opposite. In the rare even I am depressed I don;t buy lottery tickets because it all seems so homeless, but when feeling very happy, I buy lots of lotto tickets because I feel excited to win and ready for immediate change. There is no other way for me, I will either win the lottery or die trying to win the lottery, and my last though would be at least I tried, it was all worth it.
>>
>>37757456
>>37757564
I'll never be able to wrap my head around clowns and their posts.
>>
File: Entrance_Auschwitz_I[1].jpg (1MB, 2032x1524px) Image search: [Google]
Entrance_Auschwitz_I[1].jpg
1MB, 2032x1524px
>>37759056
(((Do what you love)))
(((Contribute to society)))
>>
>>37759056
That lack of awareness of other peoples thought processes is probably one of the many things holding you back in life. Loser
>>
>>37759049
I'm hearing a lot of reasons why not to. Honestly, write out 5 reasons why to DO stuff, rather than the reason after reason you have stated why you can't or don't want to. I'm bored of hitting my head against this wall of self pity, push yourself and you'll be amazed how much you can resist, and eventually you'll have paved the way towards living an actual genuinely easy life.

1. Parents will be proud
2. You will have more money, ability to buy a car
3. Having a car and a job are two major steps towards getting laid
4. You will be able to rent a better place
5. You will feel pride in your achievements

There are 5 quick reasons, they may not be the best but fuck it they're all valid reasons, so why not. Now you write some out, think of reasons why you might possibly want to take on more hours, and realise that your pathetic excuses are holding you back.
>>
>>37757827
Average work week is 40 hours. That's only a quarter of your time, and if you think that it's slavery, then I don't know what to tell you.
>>
I know right? And they are happy with it! And they berate you when you point out how shallow and depressing of a prospect it is. It's like they never really think about life at all. They just do what they have to do in total euphoria.
>>
Don't get me wrong, work can definitely suck sometimes, but I don't know what else to do with my time. I work 40+ hours a week, and have no idea what to do on nights and weekends. If I had even more free time I don't know what I would do
>>
>>37759337
Not him, but:
1. I wish my parents nothing but the most amount of suffering possible
2. That's nice, but it's still pretty fucked that even people with serious illnesses are forced to work or die. Literal slavery in the truest sense of the word
3. Already been laid, still want to die
4. Don't care where I live so long as it's not on the streets
5. Why the fuck does that matter?
Not trying to be argumentative, honestly. I genuinely WANT to be able to have a desire to live. I just don't.
>>
>>37757342
Working hard to support themselves and their family. The hope to provide a better life for their kids.
>>
>>37759509
I know I was talking to someone else, but it can still apply. Give me 5 reasons why you would. They have to be specific to you, I know you don't agree with the ones I gave, but there must be some reasons you could think of why it would be a good idea to work more. Even if they're the most tenuous of reasons, just think of 5 reasons you would want to work more.
>>
File: 847.jpg (150KB, 866x640px) Image search: [Google]
847.jpg
150KB, 866x640px
>>37759337
Mind you I did work 4 years full time, and got nowhere because I had no time to do anything outside of work with the money, and to socially retarded to move up to professional tier work.

>1. Parents will be proud
not an argument, normie
>2. You will have more money, ability to buy a car
For the sole purpose of getting to/from work, having to constantly move it because no parking space and sparse street parking in permitted zone, and having driving costs suck a huge chunk of my income. My parents refused to ever pay for me to learn to drive even though not having a lisence is a huge handicap, and I never bother with it myself since I can comfortably afford to drive unless I wont he lottery, so the costs of getting a lisence I feel better using to just buy more lottery tickets.
>3. Having a car and a job are two major steps towards getting laid
Not an argument, normie
>4. You will be able to rent a better place
At best I would be able to rent a room in someone else's house or apartment, which I actually did when I was 18-19. Only marginal quality of life improvement, able to wake up earlier only to be able to get to work at 6AM to help unload delivery trucks and break down the load so I can pay half my wages towards rent. I'm not moving out until my parents die/move into assited care or I win the lottery, it a waste of money.
>5. You will feel pride in your achievements
Not an argument, normie.
>There are 5 quick reasons, they may not be the best but fuck it they're all valid reasons, so why not. Now you write some out, think of reasons why you might possibly want to take on more hours, and realise that your pathetic excuses are holding you back.

So I think you get the idea, working full time can get you more of the trappings of success, but those trappings are only in place so that you are able to continue going to work and pay most of your wages to keep them.
>>
>>37759509
>>37759612
just noticed you specified it as reasons to live, that's even more broad, give me 5 of them.
>>
>>37759403
8 hours a day is literally half of your waking hours, my friend

and all the time you spend preparing yourself to go and doing groceries, washing clothes and dishes, etc take up 4~6 hours, leaving you mere two hours to "do whatever you want" when you're already absolutely exhausted and incapable of doing much more than passively watch braindead moe anime
>>
>>37759641
again you seem to have missed my point, I said stop being such a negative bitch and give me 5 reasons why to work, not why not. The reasons I gave aren't even my reasons for working, though they are all perks.
>>
>>37759641
>>37759678
I mean literally as a thought experiment, not even if they apply to you personally, give yourself 5 reasons why someone else might, you can reuse the ones I said if you're really struggling, they're all valid. Maybe not for me personally, but for someone.
>>
>>37759337
And to reiterate what I've said earlier, when I went to community college after 4 years wagecucking, I realized how much working life had sucked, and that no matter what job I could have or how much it pays, life is not worth living if I would have to work 40-50 hours a week, most of the year, most of my life. There is just no way out for me, the temporary fix is to keep working part time, but the only long term solution and grand master plan I am dead set on is winning the lottery.

>>37759403
>>b-but its only 8 hours 5 days a week, plenty of free time
When you factor in commute time, unpaid lunch, preparing for and unwinding form work, I have at most 3 hours of free time a day, which isn't really free since I need to be at work or in bed soon so have to stay close by and avoid anything that keep you up at night or makes you unpresentable at work. Days off you have to catch up on all the laundry, shopping, food preparation etc. that you didn't have time for during the week, and you gotta be back in 2 days.

For a shut-in happy living a sedentary lifestyle and getting to play with the computer and mobile to their heart's content outside of work, it would be a big improvement over NEET life. But I actually like being outside and having free time to just do much of nothing, with no deadlines, no commitments, no expectations, other than my own; a sharp "Type B" personality.
>>
>>37759189
Wew, somebody got asshurt very fast indeed
>>
>>37759745
this is why you don't have sex, it doesn't matter to me you will be dead one day anyway, same as I will
>>
>>37759794
good response cock-cunt
>>
>>37759678
>>37759740
>>37759678
>>37759740
I assume normies work because they
>can't think outside the box that not having a job is an option
>feel like they need to contribute to society
>to eek out a meager existence
>to try to attract a mate or support a family
>they don't know what to do with themselves, can't enjoy free time without getting depressed, can't cope with being alone and need the interaction with co-workers, etc

>>37759825
>you don't have sex
not an argument, normie

>normies would rather work full time to spend most of their wages to pay for a car and rent an apartment just so that maybe possibly a woman will want to have sex with them than live with their parents, have zero expenses aside from food, bus fare and cell phone bill, and have zero chance of getting a woman pregnant or catching an STD
>>
As someone who does 40 hours a week, 5 days a week, in and out;

No, I don't enjoy doing that.

What I do enjoy, is being able to afford my own place. Being able to afford my own shit, having the money to order whatever little animoo trinkets I want. Having the money to hot glue a new figure each week.

I don't enjoy the work and the time I lost. But, when I was spending 60 hours a week on 4chan instead of studying, is it any fucking different, really?
>>
>>37759676
I mean nothing but to ask, but have you ever worked a full-time job? It's so much more than that: making friends at work, getting sent to conferences, flirting with the new girl, having something to build a future career on to name a few. They don't waterboard you at work, it's not as bad as this place makes it to be. I can't imagine having no productive purpose, like just sitting around all day sounds incredibly depressing. They don't
>>
id like to be a truck driver but taht will never happen, i have a small car with a 5 speed and even though i practice im still more confortable with an automatic. my uncle said i might burn the clutch up because starting off ill rev it a little and ease pff the clutch and he said that grinds the friction plates

and occasionally i stall it so i know a truck wouldnt be somethibg i could drive even though id love it
>>
You die if you work, idiots.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.