[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop crying, /r9k/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: sadness.jpg (30KB, 480x461px) Image search: [Google]
sadness.jpg
30KB, 480x461px
How do I stop crying, /r9k/?
>>
File: 1494721605510.png (317KB, 796x712px) Image search: [Google]
1494721605510.png
317KB, 796x712px
I wish I can cry
>>
>>37744942
listen to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldNSMnEeKio
>>
File: 1487532757891.jpg (94KB, 477x266px) Image search: [Google]
1487532757891.jpg
94KB, 477x266px
>>37744942
I am exactly like you.
>>
File: 1497541411937.png (144KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1497541411937.png
144KB, 500x500px
Listen to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OttPq7ceH9E
>>
>>37744913
Do the people who post like this just not have a father around? Or do they take some sort of perverse pride in being such a failure?

I'm not asking to be a dick. I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>37744942
I wish I couldn't cry.
>>37744960
How are these 'death sounds' supposed to make me not cry?
>>37745006
Thanks, I appreciate it but I don't like this kind of music.

Also,
I meant like overall how do I stop from being a person that cries a lot and is affected by sadness and depression a lot? Literally anything can make me sad. Even happy things.
>>
File: feel.png (11KB, 245x350px) Image search: [Google]
feel.png
11KB, 245x350px
>>37745041
I do have a father and I love him a lot. I don't currently live with him because my mom won't let me, but my mom has been an asshole to him for my whole life. There were points where he didn't live with us. When I turned 17 he moved out for good, and I got to see him on weekends. When I turned 18, he pretty much became homeless (he still had his job though) but lived in his car.
I don't have any pride in failure, I just don't want to be the person I am. I just get sad too much.
I can understand the curiosity though.
>>
>>37745091
>I don't currently live with him because my mom won't let me
Why do you need her permission to live with your father?

Either you're underage, at which point you shouldn't be here, or you're an adult and can live wherever you want without anyone's permission (and if your mother lives with your father, you had 18 years to learn how to be a responsible adult).
>>
>>37745120
I'm not underage, but my mom threatens me and emotionally attacks me if I mention leaving
>>
File: 1497298064318.jpg (5KB, 170x208px) Image search: [Google]
1497298064318.jpg
5KB, 170x208px
i cry every night originally
>>
>>37745137
Who gives a shit? Why would you seek approval from someone who treats a good man like shit?

Take control of your life. You're the only one responsible for your own happiness, whether you want to be or not.
>>
>>37745156
I think I'm going to try to move out soon, but I just don't want to have to end my relationship with my mother. I also am pretty dependent on other people. I have no job and can't drive. That;s why I rely on my mother. Hopefully this will change soon.
Thanks for the advice, It's very meaningful to me
>>
>>37745220
Get a job and buy a car then move in with your dad into an apartment or some shit.
>>
>>37745220
Well, if you keep waiting for her permission, you'll never get it. Don't spring this on your dad, but start making plans so that he can be ready to help you move at a time of your choosing (and not your mother's).

I dunno how old you are, or your gender, but you need to start taking responsibility for yourself. If you don't have a job, get one within walking distance. McJobs suck, but they don't require a car. Get yourself a car, and have your dad teach you to drive. Once you get a car and a license, start applying for apprenticeships. Electrician, plumber, HVAC, welding. Hard work, but you learn on the job, it pays very well, and its not a job that can be shipped overseas. Wherever you live, you'll have the ability to work if you can become a Journeyman in a trade.
>>
>>37745286
>>37745280
My dad actually already knows this and has plans for me to move in with him.
>I dunno how old you are, or your gender, but you need to start taking responsibility for yourself.
I am male, and almost 19 (pls don't judge I know I'm pretty young). I really do want to take responsibility, but I'm just so depressed and it feels like everything is pointless and I just feel like rotting in my room forever.
With encouragement from my dad, I accepted a job at the university I will be attending in a few months. Maybe I might become a better person after trying that.
>>
>>37745348
>I am male, and almost 19 (pls don't judge I know I'm pretty young).
Nothing to judge. You can't help your age. The good news is that you have more than enough time on your side to carve out some success. If you were 30, and you needed to work a McJob for 6-12 months to save up 2k for an old car, plus a license and insurance, plus the 2 years to become a journeyman once you found an apprenticeship, that would be pretty bad. You've got your youth. It's a good thing.

>I really do want to take responsibility
You have the responsibility whether you want it or not.

> but I'm just so depressed and it feels like everything is pointless and I just feel like rotting in my room forever.
Stop it. Sounds like it should be more complex than that, but it isn't. Just stop. Start making changes in your life, instead of doing the same shit and expecting life to magically change for you. You know you're not happy. You know it's not going to come to you. So stop doing the same shit, and try out new shit. Might take a few tries to figure out what you like. That's fine. But you're only truly failing when you give up.

>With encouragement from my dad, I accepted a job at the university I will be attending in a few months. Maybe I might become a better person after trying that.
University is nothing more than a road. It's up to you to actually walk down it. And if you choose a bad major, expect your life to get a LOT worse. Do research into what companies want, not what you want to do. There's a book on Amazon called worthless. It's like 10 bucks, but that's a lot cheaper than 40k of debt and no job prospects.

Everything you do, both in and out of college, should be done with a shit ton of research. If you can't bring yourself to research something, then you shouldn't do it.
>>
>>37745444
Thanks. I really mean it. I'm screenshotting all of this so I can remember it.
>but that's a lot cheaper than 40k of debt
I am incredibly lucky.
I am going to be able to go to university for extremely cheap (because of several different factors) and I also won't have to worry about debt. I might not even have to pay for it myself because of a family member who wants to help me.
I thought about going into graphic design. I'm not really good at anything except for art.
>Everything you do, both in and out of college, should be done with a shit ton of research.
I think I can handle that. I don't like doing things without knowing about them first.
>>
>>37744913
watch the movie IT
>>
>>37745529
>I thought about going into graphic design. I'm not really good at anything except for art.
I'm not going to tell you what to do with your life. That's on you. What you should do, however, is sort out what you can and can not do, and check out https://www.bls.gov/ooh/

Presuming you're in the US, this is always the first place you should stop. Even if you aren't, it will give you an idea of what industrialized nations are looking for. It's the Bureau of Labor Statistic's Occupational Outlook Handbook. It tells you what you can expect to make in your 40's (you don't make the median wage your first day on the job), as well as growth rate, education required, etc.

Do your research there. If the job you want isn't something that's growing fast or paying well, get creative and see if you can't think of something else that would be in a similar vein, but have better pay/growth.

I've taken the liberty to look up your Graphic Designer job there.

https://www.bls.gov/ooh/Arts-and-Design/Graphic-designers.htm

It doesn't look good. VERY slow growth (1%), and pretty bad wages for something that requires a college degree (I don't have one and make double that amount). That doesn't mean there isn't something similar that you could do, so get creative. Architect, for example, requires creative design, pays respectably, and is growing at 7% (MUCH better growth rate).
>>
>>37745630
This makes a lot of sense. I've tried researching certain fields to go into before but after going through a depressive phase I kinda stopped.

Once again, thank you so much. I'm glad that you were one to encourage me rather than just being the typical "just kill yourself" response.
>>
>>37745710
Glad to help. I'm just happy that there are people here who actually want it. Most of the time, people just want to wallow in their misery, and have things given to them.

Good luck.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.