[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reddit convinces Hawaii to support UBI

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: Smug Redditor.png (65KB, 446x632px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Redditor.png
65KB, 446x632px
Hawaii just passed UBI, are we all going to move there now?

https://futurism.com/hawaii-becomes-the-first-state-to-pass-a-bill-in-support-of-universal-basic-income/

>The congressman thanked "redditors" in his post, as he said the site became his first resource in considering UBI, and added a Reddit-standard TL;DR at the end: "The State of Hawaii is going to begin evaluating universal basic income."

You owe us big time, robots. Us redditors got you free tendies.
>>
heh proles enjoy your scraps
>>
File: 1444799075215.jpg (11KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
1444799075215.jpg
11KB, 200x189px
>>37741586

WHAT THE FUCK? I was hoping to see UBI in my lifetime but this is moving at Sonic the Hedgehog speed compared to what I was expecting!

Have they said anything about how much money we can expect to be given? I will need at LEAST $200 per month (after mandatory expenses like utilities, groceries, stuff like my Crunchyroll subscription, etc.) for fun video games, cool anime merchandise, and other stuff. I hope they release some more info about how this stuff will all work soon! But still, I'm happy as can be to just HEAR they're planning on UBI! This is Rainbow Dash Sonic Rainboom speed compared to what I was expecting!
>>
*saved*
thanks for the reddit peep, unironically lit af
>>
I would guess California would have been the first to do it
>>
>>37741586
Nice one, keep it up. Unironically.

wtf im a globalistmissile now, unironically.
>>
>>37741822
Because full automation and human level AI has already been achieved, we're just waiting for the military/silicon valley to release it once they've managed to do their preemptive damage control

shits going down fast
>>
>Hawaii is paying you to vacation there and eat tendies for the rest of your NEET life
Sign me up.
>>
>>37741822
$3,200/mo if single
$6,800/mo if married
and an additional 4k if you shit out a kid
>>
File: IMG_3758.jpg (136KB, 746x586px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3758.jpg
136KB, 746x586px
>the absolute city of Hawaii
>>
File: 1496699165613.png (434KB, 1000x927px) Image search: [Google]
1496699165613.png
434KB, 1000x927px
>>37742771
>$3,200/mo if single
Holy FUCK. How expensive is housing and shit in Hawaii? Because I get by very comfortably on $700 per month. Close to quintuple that is crazy.
>>
>>37742869
>Holy FUCK. How expensive is housing and shit in Hawaii?
Hawaii is extremely expensive. Like 2k+/month for a shitbox in the middle of nowhere with no internet. And utilities are insane
>>
>$3,200 a month
That's more than I make in a month working full time. What the absolute fuck.
>>
>>37742869
>Because I get by very comfortably on $700 per month
wow. can i ask what your expenses are? do you live on your own?
>>
>>37742920
I live in an apartment by myself for $550 a month and save the rest. I get my meals from the dumpsters of restaurants which sounds nasty but they toss dumptrucks of pristine packaged foods daily and I ain't letting that shit go to waste.
>>
>tfw 3,200 is more money than i've ever had in my life

being a minimalist NEET in hawaii sounds comfy
>>
>Hawaii Becomes the First State to Pass a Bill in Support of Universal Basic Income
>a Bill in Support of

>Accord, and now, the state congress has passed a bill that puts Hawaii on the path to universal basic income.
>puts Hawaii on the path to universal basic income.
>on the path

Did you niggers even read the article?
>$3,200 a month
??
>current population: 1,432,000
>cost per month: 4,582,400,000
How will they pay?
>Governor David Ige proposed his biennial budget on December 22, 2014. This budget recommended spending of $12.6 billion in fiscal year 2016 and $13.1 billion in fiscal year 2017, which were both higher than the total spending in fiscal year 2015.
>>
>>37743552
Pretty sure it's only people who make less than $3,200 a month that get the check. It essentially makes it so that the minimum amount you can get paid is $3,200 a month. If your job only gives you $2,000 a month, you'll get another $1,200 a month.
>>
>>37743552
>>37743664
Sounds like a political play, if what you're saying is correct. Something that 49% of the (((politicians))) can vote 'yes' on, to say they supported it when re-election season comes.

But I can see Hawaii being the only state this could possibly work in, if this was reserved for native-born residents or something -- short-term, at least, before the taco niggers started realizing what a good deal it was. Since Hawaii is such a tourism economy, people will still come to the islands no matter how much their Big Mac costs, and if mainlanders would LOVE to come work for 10 bucks an hour (and not receive native-born gibs) their economy can still move.

After all, being poor in Hawaii is still the dream for a huge amount of the younger crowd.
>>
>>37744046
>(((parenthesis)))
Kill yourself.
>>
(((37744112)))
spotted the jewboy
:^)
>>
>>37744112
>Kill yourself
gas (((yourself)))
:DDDDdD
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.