[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>recently faked a degree. >nearly 100% of the companies

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

File: aw crap nigga.jpg (295KB, 792x720px) Image search: [Google]
aw crap nigga.jpg
295KB, 792x720px
>recently faked a degree.
>nearly 100% of the companies I apply to are responding.

>just had an interview and they said I'm hired.

I was job hunting for 3 years until this.
Is it illegal? What happens if I get caught?
>>
Pretty sure you would be facing serious charges, it's basically fraud. I think.
>>
File: 1488699682020.jpg (69KB, 940x800px) Image search: [Google]
1488699682020.jpg
69KB, 940x800px
They deserved it for not asking you questions during the interview
>>
Just get the degree before you start the job :^)
>>
>>37734722
depending on things really
probably just btfo and unable to be hired anywhere again
i have no experience in this and you should trust me.
>>
>>37734705
They can't do shit about it other than fire you. All you did was provide alternative facts.
>>
if you get hired with a counterfeit degree, you deserve that job
>>
>>37734705

if you're Italian, they will never find out
>>
Depends on what the degree is and how well you've trained yourself, if at all.
>>
>>37734705
Their HR's incompetence is not your issue, but if you're caught, expect to be blacklisted from the industry
>>
>>37734705
What's the degree? If you faked a medical degree you're probably fucked but if it's just a humanities degree or something you'll be fine since they don't teach any skills you can't figure out on the job.
>>
just fucking quit, if you get caught you could get blacklisted or some shit
>>
this is a really good threat to spot our younger friends in
>>
>>37734889
> blacklisted
So, basically, unable to get a job like he was before faking the degree?
>>
File: IMG_1012.jpg (54KB, 544x559px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1012.jpg
54KB, 544x559px
>>37734705
I'm hoping you've been applying for entry level jobs and listed the degree that you got as one that is or can be generally worthless (gender studies, English, psychology, etc.). That way they'll probably get the idea that you went in on a degree such as that and now can't pull any other jobs, so they probably won't care to look into it anymore.
I'm wishing you the best of luck OP, but chances are that you're gonna be backed into a corner on this one.
>>
My district manager in retail lied about a degree from a prestigious university. He got like 2 raises before they found out and fired his ass.

Really made me realize how rickety the foundation of that company was.
>>
>>37734944
well if he managed to get a managerial position and 2 raises, then he was clearly qualified for the job. I don't see why education matters at that point
>>
>>37735032
Because it's unethical. I don't agree with the decision to fire him since he proved was qualified but I can't blame them for it.
>>
Work there for a few months. Quit. Then get another job with your "experience" kek.
>>
>>37735032
seems americans are stupid moralfags
>>
>>37734861
computer science.
I do programming
>>
>>37734705
How do you fake a degree?
>>
>>37734861
Nothing medical just dentistry
>>
>>37735366
I did somehting similar to this, but I got fired because I only knew how to program in html and not JAVA or C hashtag
>>
>>37734705
Just quit before they find out
>>
if it's medical you can defintely get fucked but that will be obvious.

anything business related i think you can fake it with a few self help books lel.
>>37735366
welp
don't expect them to train you with anything. if you don't understand programming at an intermediate level you might be fucked

other wise keep faking it.
>>
>>37735569
shouldn't you be compiling and installing gentoo
>>
>>37735569
>only knew how to program in HTML and not or C hashtag

lmao how the fuck could you ever think this would suffice. Web pages are nothing.
>>
>>37735569
>programming
>html
pick one
also
>C hashtag
weak bait
AND
>>37735648
wron/g/ board buddy
>>
>>37735648
I only code html sorry
>>
>>37735679
>wron/g/ board buddy
i'll explain this one:
i was trying to imply that this anon >>37735569 was a typical /g/ user
i'm retarded though so it didn't make a lot of sense.
>>
>>37735679
>>>/g/
;3 tee hee
>>
>>37735366
What kind of company? Sometimes they'll do light background check once you're hired.
>>
>>37735569
This is vrry funny.
>>
>>37735366
Lying on resumes is pretty normal. The easiest job I ever got, my recruiter took my resume and turned it into a bunch of lies.

Any company screening on resumes and not performance tests is doing it wrong anyhow.
>>
>>37736054
Making up a degree is less normal.
>>
>>37735974
A company that does healthcare stuff.

>>37735628
Yeah I'm overqualified AF for this job.
The requirements were low and there were typo's on the job posting.

Shitty grammar and engrish all around, so I figured if the fuckwit who made the job posting got hired, then HR isn't doing their job. That's what made me fake the degree and whaddya know it worked.
>>
>>37735612
Eat a dick anon they're going to pay me a lot of money.

I finally /made it/.
IDGAF about being fired, as long as I can't go to jail.
It's my job to get hired, it's their job to properly screen.
I did what I was supposed to do, if they call me out then I'll take HR down with me for being bad at screening employee's.
>>
>>37736474
Once you've worked there for a year+ start looking for another job but take fake degree off resume.
>>
>>37736569
Yeah ideally before I'm caught so I can still use them as a reference.
>>
>>37736532
Idk whether about you can get arrested, but I'm certain they could sue you and take your money
>>
Good Job enjoy the incomes. Don't worry an actual CS degree is worthless. I am two classes away from graduating and I honestly can't do shit.
>>
>>37736981
Also I am graduating from one of the top 5 CS universities in the US just for perspective.
>>
>>37737004
I know you can't do shit, I'm better than the average CS student.

but the degree matters more than skill.
Since the average cs student is complete SHIT they think that's what you should expect from one.
>>
>>37735366
just program yourself a diploma and you'll be set
>>
>>37735366
I CAN'T HATE YOU CAUSE I FAKED IT TILL I MADE IT TOO
>>
>>37737083
It's honestly so sad though. I was a grader for the algorithms course here and some of the answers I would get were fucking cringe worthy.

The absolute most laughable answers I would encounter were when CS kiddies attempted mathematical proofs.

Prove your algorithm is correct:
Uh I wrote it to solve the problem at hand so like its um right?
>>
>>37735366
the thing is they probably care about the fact that u have determination and willingnless to learn more than anything else if ur willing to put in the work to make a fake resume then you must be pretty determined
>>
It's illegal in some states.
>>
>>37736054
>Any company screening on resumes and not performance tests is doing it wrong anyhow.
So a lot of them?
>>
>>37736054
Literally every company screens on resumes.
>>
>>37734705
That's amazing anon. I'm jealous. Good luck!
>>
Yes it is and you should be ashamed of yourself.
>>
>>37734772
this. just say that the degree was self appointed if they ever confront you over it.
>>
>>37734705
I heard that colleges can sue you for that
>>
>>37735105
meh. people get high up positions handed to them from daddy all the time who gives a shit really? its a doggy dog world
>>
>>37738456
>doggy dog
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.