[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we get a letterboxd thread going? I know this belongs on

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 11

File: letterboxd.png (28KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
letterboxd.png
28KB, 500x200px
Can we get a letterboxd thread going? I know this belongs on /tv/ but it's impossible to have an actual discussion over there.
>>
>>37692311
I'll be up for a few hours and would gladly rate anyone that posts their profile ITT
>>
the letterboxd threads on tv are pathetic, its the same bunch of people trying to look superior with their taste every time.
>>
>>37693101
I was hoping a few of you guys would have accounts and want to talk about movies. I'm not a patrician at all and just love cheesy horror films so I can't exactly post over there
>>
>>37693265
you shouldnt post over there, like i said the only people there are pseudo intellectuals who like to name obscure movies to sound sophisticated.
anyway why dont you post your account if you make this thread
>>
File: top 4.jpg (86KB, 907x380px) Image search: [Google]
top 4.jpg
86KB, 907x380px
>>37693338
https://letterboxd.com/necrofu/

I'm still slogging through my watched list to rate them all but I've done a good chunk of them so far.
>>
>>37693696
https://letterboxd.com/Shamo/
i try to be a little more objective than most people i guess, even if i dont like a movie i try to rate fairly.
im also somewhat a fan of cheesy horror films but probably not as much as you.
>>
File: CemetaryMan1.jpg (94KB, 640x391px) Image search: [Google]
CemetaryMan1.jpg
94KB, 640x391px
>>37693990
Nice taste dude.

See I've made every rating based on my personal taste for my own reference. Same with any reviews. I know my viewing experience will differ from someone else's so I might as well focus on what I personally thought of it and let people come to their own conclusions, you know?

Couldn't help but notice you have some good shit on your watchlist. Cemetary Man is one of my favorite movies ever for more personal reasons so your mileage may vary on that one, but I'd highly recommend Night of the Living Dead, Un Chien Andalou and City Lights no matter what.
>>
>>37694150
thanks, i guess i have ok taste but there are also some acclaimed films i cant get into.

and yes i see most people rate differently from me but i cant do it, even if a movie is boring there is almost always something that i can at least see someone else liking. the truly bad movies you will most likely not even hear about, let alone be intrigued enough to watch them. i mean at this point i barely have an idea of how many movies there actually are, its just so many.
the watchlist i got on my profile is fairly incomplete, theres many more movies i know about that i want to see some day.
ill check out the movies you mentioned, i know them of course but havent gotten around to watch them yet.
>>
/pastafrola
>>
File: Frank_Black.jpg (30KB, 575x387px) Image search: [Google]
Frank_Black.jpg
30KB, 575x387px
>>37694150
>Un Chien Andalou
seconded
>>
File: file.png (269KB, 666x292px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
269KB, 666x292px
https://letterboxd.com/smoothhands/
Let he who knows kino cast the first stone
>>
>>37694449
It's nice to see someone who appreciates classic and modern films. Or, at the very least, takes the time to watch both. Cool profile. Followed you and >>37693990
>>
>>37694511
Let he who knows kino cast the first stone
>>
>>37694150
>>37694486
I'm glad you don't post on /tv/, stay pleb
>>
https://letterboxd.com/SwimmingPool

to my cisgender friends
>>
>>37694449
night of the hunter and barry lyndon are great, ive never seen jesse james though but heard good things so far.

>>37694511
>>37694546
the /tv/ hipsters have arrived
>>
>>37694511
Followed the shit out of your profile, going to keep a close eye on what you rate highly.

>>37694546
Thanks for your excellent contribution to the thread
>>
>>37694585
Is this the real swimming pool?
>>
>>37694587
give me kino or give me death
>>
>>37694632
trash humpers is kino
>>
File: letterboxd63.png (280KB, 667x292px) Image search: [Google]
letterboxd63.png
280KB, 667x292px
https://letterboxd.com/DPIW73/
>>
>>37694655
harmony korine?
more like
harmony retard
>>37694656
DPIW73?
more like
retard
>>
File: 5.png (965KB, 1150x525px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
965KB, 1150x525px
https://letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/
>>
>>37694585
I was pleasantly surprised to see most of the films you first reviewed were Disney or classics. Can't believe you have Seven Samurai still on your watchlist. I'm sure you'll really enjoy it. Raw probably not so much.

>>37694656
I'm really interesting in Horror House on Highway Five, would you mind going into a little more detail about what you thought of it?
>>
Why's your name necrofu?
>>
https://letterboxd.com/voexodus/

Horror junkie here. Been lacking in watching films lately.
>>
>>37694690
>really good lists
>doesn't have The Man Who Laughs anywhere on there
I'd love to hear your opinion of it.

>>37694696
It's a petname from my gf, because I really like horror movies.
>>
>>37694740
>2012 Maniac in your top 4
come at me bro
why do you think it's better than the original?
>>
>>37694691
>Horror House on Highway Five
Its a fun time. It's a fairly strange movie with a weird tone. Hellbent is Richard Casey's magnum opus.
>>
>>37694773
>Hellbent is Richard Casey's magnum opus
I'll definitely check out both of them then, thanks.
>>
>>37694740
if you can get your hand on it, check out the chinese horror film Seeding of a Ghost. it starts out slow and has some nudity and kung fu for some reason but it also has an Evil dead vibe to it and some neat effects.
>>
>>37694765
Original is great no doubt about that! I just find 2012 remake more enjoyable for me. Elijah Wood knocked it out the park with his performance. I fucking love the POV use, made it more eerie vibe into his perspective. Flawless practical effects, just as gory if not more than the original. Great visual direction. I could go on more but yeah definitely one of my favorite horror films.
>>
>>37694925
ah will do thanks!
>>
File: joe spinell maniac 1980.jpg (143KB, 1200x790px) Image search: [Google]
joe spinell maniac 1980.jpg
143KB, 1200x790px
>>37694965
It's really refreshing to hear from someone with a different opinion.

I have a soft spot for Elijah Wood and while I loved his performance, I felt that the tone of the remake completely missed the mark. Frank's unhinged sentimentality and the dirty, disgusting tone that permeated the entire film in the original seemed like it was missing in the remake with how sterile and detached everything was. Even though the movie was from his POV it was very hard for me to sympathize with Wood, whereas in the original Joe Spinell's performance blew me away. It didn't need a gratuitous amount of gore to be effective or disturbing.

The 2012 remake was definitely good, don't get me wrong, and it's has been a long time since I last watched either film that I may be looking at the original with rose-tinted glasses. I'll have to rewatch both sometime soon.
>>
File: Maniac 2012.png (225KB, 540x331px) Image search: [Google]
Maniac 2012.png
225KB, 540x331px
>>37695272
Ah. I didn't find that it "missed" the mark but more like it went with an interesting different direction. Don't get me wrong I also loved the unhinged dirtiness of the original but also loved the cleancut but gory route the director chose with a fascinating direction of the kills, roaming the night city of bright lights, combined with that soundtrack man truly aesthetic. Since I'm a gorehound I didnt mind the gratuitous amount of gore, for the kills it was all the more impactful and engaging also following Elijah Wood's "Frank". Oh and the sweet editing here. Both Maniacs are just really great with different direction takes.
Yeah try watching it again, hopefully you'll find more to enjoy of it
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.