[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Home schooled

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: 1495164496416.gif (195KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1495164496416.gif
195KB, 500x373px
Who here never went to school at all? I was home schooled my whole life because my parents are white trash and I believe not going to school caused a lot of my issues and turned me into a robot, and then again I read about how going to school caused even more issues for a lot of robots so maybe it was for the best. What do you think would of happen if me or some other anon went to school?
>>
>>37692086
I'm gonna reply to you because I hate how lonely your thread looks
>>
>>37693290
is this how not going to school feels like?
>>
Going to school is definitely needed to have a normal life. Though there are plenty of home schooled people who can end up having friends all throughout their life. Though it is definitely better to go to regular school as opposed to being home schooled.
>>
>>37693332
you're telling me, my mom homeschooled everyone and my older siblings still had friends and girlfriends and boyfriends but unfortunately I wasn't as lucky.
>>
>>37693984
how old are you now and what's troubling you?
>>
>>37692086
I was homeschooled after I was suspended from public school.

I basically believed it ruined me when I was struggling with college.

though I've heard of success stories with it, I guess it comes down to your family.

white trash doesn't sound too good.

basically I didn't like to talk about it to people and they didn't know what to say about it. I just became that depressed kid people were trying to break out of his shell and I was too.

I always had problems.
>>
>>37693332

This. You get a thicker skin from bullies, learn to find your tribe, do various stuff like field trips, and learn to socialize.

Fuck, I don't think anyone who doesn't have multiple degrees should be allowed to do it. I know there are stats about homeschool kids testing better, but how is some random self-righteous roastie going to know as much as a chemistry or history teacher?
>>
>>37694026
18, and what troubles me the most is how I fucked things with my oneitis "I was lucky enough to have at least one since I never got to go to school", but I've moved far to many times and never really had many friends only a few, now I'm in a new town and feel like I'm wasting my life because I'm NEET and never went to school, and I'm afraid if I don't find some group or something soon I'm gonna be alone forever and become a wizard, I'm all ready on the path to wizardhood. So I just want to ask, how does someone who's never gone to school and is NEET meet people? I've been maybe thinking about trying highschool since I'm adult and can do whatever I want, but how do you think it'd look for some virgin 18 year old going to school for the very first time would look? pretty bad, I'd probably get bullied so hard, so any advice on meeting people and finding a group of friends I can be with and maybe by some stroke of luck get a gf? I know that sounds pretty much impossible in my situation and if you knew the answer you probably won't be on /r9k/, but any advice helps I guess.
>>
>>37692086
Dude I was also homeschooled from birth, and a lot of my problems stem from having 18 years of my life basically be literally nothing, the worst thing is if I had went to school I might have been able to get a girlfriend and lose my virginity.
>>
File: 1487012168974.jpg (201KB, 972x1296px) Image search: [Google]
1487012168974.jpg
201KB, 972x1296px
>What do you think would of happen if me or some other anon went to school?

Partial list:
>Shared culture. IE, I can strike up a conversation with any Wisconsin 90's kid about Storylords.
>Trying new things. I would have probably never tried golf or theatre without school.
>Making your first older friend who can drive you around.
>Smoking weed for the first time.
>Having enough extra credits(easy if you have work ethic and a triple-digit IQ) to have 3 off hours your senior year.
>Figuring out how to beat the internet filters in the library
>Finding a tribe of weird friends who encourage you to do things that scare you like going into the cemetery at night.
>Your firsto kisu
>Meeting that one teacher who really understands you and encourages you to go to college.
>>
>>37694214
same here man same here, it's my parent's fault not mine, to make things worse they moved every 2 to 3 years so that made it even more impossible for me to get a gf and etc, now I just want to know what I should do before my time is up, I feel like I've wasted my whole youth thanks to my parents and I hate them for it, I'm 18 and need to know what to do before it really is to late.
>>
File: 1497128888397.jpg (24KB, 318x313px) Image search: [Google]
1497128888397.jpg
24KB, 318x313px
Anyone else here homeschooled and as a result never had any friends, gfs, or life experiences? Homeschooling made me a KHV
>>
Rich Chigga was homeschooled and look at him.
Sure it's much harder to develop social skills without a school environment, but how many people go through school and just become recluses because people suck?
>>
>>37694405
yup pretty much what happen to me, and when I finally found a gf I fucked it up because of how autistic I am thanks to being homeschooled, now the question is, where do I go from there? do I try and go to college? no way I'd get a job because I'm a NEET, if I don't find something soon, I think killing myself would be the only option, like after I turned 18 I just feel dead inside and nothing is fun or special anymore, I feel like I got the special kid treatment my whole fucking life because my parents were to fucking lazy to sign me up for school and homeschooled me just to mock me and say"you don't deserve a normal life". I have so much rage and hate build up that I feel like I might do something terrible that will make everyone sorry they didn't try harder for me.
>>
>>37694526
A job actually is a good way of meeting people, I'm trying to get myself to apply for a job right now because at least I'd have a chance of finding a gf
>>
>>37694671
I probably would too, but the problem is I'm so used to the NEET life and am to lazy to get up and work all day, I'd probably want to kill myself even more if I got a job even if I do get to meet people and maybe even get a gf.
>>
>>37694772
We gotta do something anon, we can't live like this forever without even trying
>>
>>37694921
I know, but what though? I feel like there's nothing for me out there, like the few groups I have been in are full of 50 year old crazy people because I'm "mentally ill" cause that's how I got my bux, but I leave the group with in a few hours because that's not for me, it just makes me so angry that I wasn't allowed to go to school because of my parents bull shit, that's where I would of met people, and I feel like I'm gonna take my anger out on them like I have before but this time it's gonna get me sent to prison and not the ward but I could care less I want revenge.
>>
>>37692086
White trash or not, your parents did you a giant favor homeschooling you. Public schools are a nightmare in every aspect measurable.
>>
>>37695034
That might be true, but it's just another nightmare to never be able to have friends or a girlfriend or even a normal life as if I would got to go to school, you have no idea how lonely my childhood was thanks to them.
>>
>>37692086
Going to school caused all my issues, so I dropped out and home schooled myself.
>>
>>37692086
Robots are born, not made. Public school and home school are the same thing if you're incapable of making human connections.
>>
>>37695240
You wouldn't have friends or a girlfriend in public school either, plus you'd have to deal with niggers.
>>
>>37695285
You don't know that, he could have grown up to be a normal. 18 years of isolation will make anyone an autist.
>>
>>37695285
well yes, but I wasn't even given the chance, and I had to deal with a abusive ass family that was more like a tribe then a family my whole fucking life.
>>
>>37694133
A lot of that ends up with private tutors, teachers, supplementary things (online, etc.) if it's legitimate homeschooling not white trash/bpd mom.

I still sort of want to homeschool kids if/when i have them despite being homeschooled (rather, not schooled at all) and having it impact me negatively
>>
>>37695265
Most retarded thing i read today
>>
>>37695390
>white trash/bpd mom
pretty much what I had to deal with, just instead it was my dad not mom.
>>
School is a place where the sheeplike children are brainwashed into slavery and those few individuals who arent trying to act like everybody else are bullied to the point where they no longer want to chase their dreams.

Be glad that you were homeschooled and didnt have to face the horrors of the "civilized" society. Kids can be cruel as fuck.
>>
I'm lucky to be homeschooled. I spent half a year in public school and holy shit kids are fucking stupid and mean as hell. Things were better in uni but you could still see the normieschooled one were kind of weird. At least they were slightly less retarded.

I can confidently say I would have an hero'd or at least not gotten as far in life if not for getting a proper education.
>>
File: 1462872708360.jpg (27KB, 571x460px) Image search: [Google]
1462872708360.jpg
27KB, 571x460px
Okay serious question,Who the fuck home school their children
>>
>>37696094

>Creationists/Fundamentalist Christians who are afraid school will corrupt the kids
>Liberal vegan hippie types
>Mentally-ill single mothers who don't want to bother driving the children to school
>>
>>37696094
retards like my parents?
>>
>>37696207
You forgot Varg.
>>
>>37696094
Traditionalist asian families that don't want their pure ubermensch corrupted by western society and lack luster teacher methods.
>>
>>37695033
I know how you feel anon, I feel the same anger and frustration realizing I would've fit eventually. I could've been a Chad. But this is just how the cookie crumbles
>>
>>37695698
>>37695523
This.

I might be somewhat socially retarded, but at least I'm not literally retarded.

Instead of a, like >>37694333 mentioned, a shared culture of shitty rap, "dank memes", and pot, I spent my childhood delving into whatever the fuck I felt like.

If I wanted to spend my time inside gluing emeralds on a turtle, I could do that, because my aesthetic tastes were my own rather than being beaten into me by a bunch of five year olds.

Instead of a "tribe" to hold me back, I've just got a vacuous hole in my heart driving me forward.

Just look at pic related. What a bunch of fucking sheep. Sit here. Think this. For 12 years of your life. Without fail they always end up mentally stunted. I'm glad my parents saved me from that.
>>
>>37692086
I went to school through 9th grade. Finished HS at home
>>
>>37697692
(Cont)
Trust me, home school was so much better. I tested better, was less stressed, had a BETTER social life.

BUT- in my opinion, it should only be allowed 8th grade and up.
As much as I hated going to school through 8th grade, middle school and elementary build the basic skills I needed for life even through all the hard times I had. Looking back on that time I'm glad I went, but also glad I did online for most of high school.

I'm now in college and I'm better than I've ever been. I have friends, I get good grades, even been laid a couple times.
Going to high school online gave me the break I needed for success in college.
(Dropped out of high school and went into online because bullied beta with social anxiety.)

TL;DR
Going to school through 8th grade taught me life skills. homeschool isn't always bad, and I had a positive experience with it in HS
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.