[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone here infinitely prefer automatic cars to manual cars?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: automatic-transmission.jpg (78KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
automatic-transmission.jpg
78KB, 800x531px
anyone here infinitely prefer automatic cars to manual cars?

i bought a manual car a while back and i got it at a steal and im glad i bought it but it seems like anytime ive ever drove it anywhere i felt like i needed a cigarette after wards because im always afraid of stalling when starting and stopping. also hills scare me even though i can start on one i just get nervous and sweaty thinking what if i stall and roll back

does this make me a pussy or pathetic for loving my automatic car? do most people in the us know how to drive/like driving a stick shift?
>>
>>37691589
You can tell when it's about to stall. If it starts to just give it more throttle, you'll get a feel for it after a bit. On hills and when pulling out into traffic you just gotta dump the clutch. Preferably don't try it on hills until you can do it consistently.
>>
>>37691793
lol ve been trying not to but on a couple hills (kinda sloped downward) i revved it and and off the clutch kinda fast, accidently made a screech with my tires one :/
>>
>>37691793
Don't dump the clutch, it's shitty for your passengers and doesn't work unless your engine has low end torque.
Riding the clutch for a second until you get above stall speed is normal; it's what the clutch is for.
>>
>>37691589
Speaking of this, I almost rolled back into a SUV on a hill today because I forgot the car was out of gear. I probably rolled back a couple feet and started panicking. Probably scared the fuck out of the woman behind me. First time that has ever happened too, forgetting to make sure the car is in gear before letting off the clutch. Scared me too.

I'm glad she wasn't right up on my bumper though. I bet she'll remember today and still continue to give space and tell her friends too about a kid almost rolling back into her.
>>
>>37692768
shit sorry to here that bud that sucks
>>
>>37691589
You only really need a manual if you're serious about driving. If all you use your car for is transportation, an automatic is fine for you.
>>
>>37692807
Thanks man. Hopefully it's just one of those things where it only takes one time to fuck up and you remember to never do it again
>>
>>37692862
Yeah I know how you feel man, today i accienttly bumped the shifter the wrong way and it was out of gear and started revving just had to put it gear quick

probably looked like a retard
>>
You're lucky to live in the US, the only country where driving automatic is acceptable. It doesn't matter that it's easier, you'll still get mocked for it because driving an automatic car is like the equivalent of riding a bicycle with stabilisers, or going bowling with the bumpers up. You're basically a child in an adult's body (or in other words an American).
>>
Once you learn how to drive a manual and continue to do it, it becomes second nature. It becomes automatic; you don't even think about it. Not even in traffic, and not even on a hill with traffic behind you. All those things are just excuses.
>>
>>37692844
manuals get better gas mileage, are cheaper to purchase, and require less maintenance. so, you're dumb.
>>
>>37693422
none of that has been true for almost a decade mate.
>>
File: 152766339.jpg (113KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
152766339.jpg
113KB, 1200x630px
>>37692768
Not op here. See, this is what makes me dislike stick and not want to use it. I don't like the idea of the car needing 100% attention all the time.

Can't wait for driverless cars desu
>>
>>37693177
Meh. Different tools for different jobs.

American roads and traffic issues make an automatic the best tool for the job.
>>
>>37693177
Manuals haven't been more fuel efficient in years, that was the only reason to ever bother with one for normal driving. Now the only place they are useful is on a racetrack and even that is being bested as automatics continue to get better and better. But if all you can afford is some old $1200 clunker off craigslist with Chad's cum stains on the back seat then by all means get the manual one.
>>
>>37691589
They've improved some autoboxes have a 10 speed nowadays but i still like a manual gives my left foot something to do
>>
>>37691589
I drive both, my brother's car is automatic and I use it sometimes.
>>
>>37694186
It's a culture thing, m8, stop trying to rationalise it. Men just like manuals and will mock you if you don't drive one.
>>
>>37695399
when I get rich and can buy a 'fun' car it will be manual, but for now, for dealing with Seattle (hills, traffic, price of gas) automatic is eminently reasonable
>>
I just passed my driving test with my manual car.

I like it because driving is boring and it makes me feel like a race car driver.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.