[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>protestants really believe that faith alone will get you to heaven

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: 1497160215016.jpg (15KB, 322x322px) Image search: [Google]
1497160215016.jpg
15KB, 322x322px
>protestants really believe that faith alone will get you to heaven
>>
>>37666502

Is this serious or bait? I'm not religious so not sure
>>
>>37666543
>Is this serious or bait? I'm not religious so not sure
Of course it's bait , you can trust me.
>>
You also have to give Jesus your soul. Its his secret to immortality.
>>
Protestants are cancer to christian community
>>
File: Protestshit.png (75KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
Protestshit.png
75KB, 500x383px
why the fuck they have to play their gay songs on their stupid guitars?
>>
>Catholicucks can't read Deuteronomy 18:10-11, Acts 10:26, John 14:13, 1 Timothy 2:5 or Matthew 23:9
>>
>>37666798
>he doesn't realize that Pope personificates God
>>
>>37667026
>muh saint peter

Exodus 20:4-6
>>
>>37666502
anyone in the habit of believing in faith doesn't have any faith
>>
>>37667026
or even better, Acts 10:26
>>
>>37667090
>You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

praying to icons or kissing popes signet isn't worshiping them, but things they represent
>>
>>37667121
Not bowing to the Christ vicar is not showing humility, and therefore is sin of pride
>>
also read romans 2:6
remember, sola scriptura
>>
>>37667224
>Christ's vicar

Ephesians 2:19-20 sets the equality of the apostles

John 20:23 and Matthew 18:19 show that the power of the keys is granted to
many more
>>
>>37666543
THIS IS NOT B8

REGION THE CHURCH OR BURN
>>
File: semana-santa-motril.jpg (55KB, 470x308px) Image search: [Google]
semana-santa-motril.jpg
55KB, 470x308px
If any of you prots think sola scripture can save you you're wrong
>>
>>37667584
>being abrahamic relgionfag
At least be the original jew, or Catholic. I salute you. But fuck protestants. Fucking assholes. Worse than the muslims, and newer too.
>>
>>37667507
>be a betacuck or you go to hell
The fucking state of christfags lmao
>>
>>37667507
Jesus was paraphrasing a passage from Isaiah
Is 22:15-25
>>
>>37666502
>Christians believe in heaven
>>
File: IMG_0847.jpg (51KB, 758x459px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0847.jpg
51KB, 758x459px
>>37666502
>religious post
>Satan trips string

Nice try devil.
>>
>Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure
Isaiah 46:10
Original
>>
>sola scriptura
>bible doesn't teach about it
>Matthew 18:15-18
>literally tells that church is ultimate authority in terms of faith
>>
File: 1497200408170.jpg (59KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1497200408170.jpg
59KB, 720x960px
>giving a fuck of what actually happens when we die
>>
Maybe it's just because I was raised Catholic but I always found this idea puzzling.

So you could commit any sin and believe Jesus is your savior and still go to heaven. But somebody who is more obedient to Christianity's laws than most Christians but doesn't believe in God is going to hell.
>>
>>37667713
Yes, but this would directly contradict Ephesians 2:19-20

furthermore,

There are several reasons why Jesus can't be referring to Peter when he speaks of the rock on which he would build his church. In Greek "Peter (petros)" is masculine and "this rock (Greek: petra) is feminine. If Jesus really meant to say that Peter was the one on whom he would build his church, he would have made this a lot clearer if he had repeated the masculine form of the word so that this would refer to Peter's person.

Also Matthew 16:23 proves the succession was not legitimate.
>>
>>37667957
It's not quite like that - Protestants believe that human beings are so sinful that they can't by acts alone bring themselves to God, but that only God can save them.
However, a truly redeemed Christian would live his life according to God and follow the laws and do good works even though he knows that it won't save him, but because he follows God out of love and duty, not out of hope for salvation - he is already saved.
A ""christian"" who doesn't follow God's laws and doesn't do good works isn't truly repenting and does not have faith in their lord and saviour Jesus Christ.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.