[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else utterly paralysed and scared thinking about their

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1496191515255.jpg (19KB, 527x612px) Image search: [Google]
1496191515255.jpg
19KB, 527x612px
Anyone else utterly paralysed and scared thinking about their future?
Just finished university and for the first time in my life I'm faced with the prospect of having to get a job and all the normie shit that comes with it. Yet I have no clue what to do and at the same time I know I can't be a NEET either.
It's so scary to me /r9k/, I just want someone to tell me everything will be alright, give me a nice easy job (don't care about the pay) and let me live in peace.
>>
File: foony frog frown but opposit.jpg (27KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
foony frog frown but opposit.jpg
27KB, 400x386px
There's no certainty.

Fortunately my career shapes my lifestyle. So I can just follow the path laid out with minimal stress for planning or decision making.
>>
>>37660445
I think it's time for that haircut!
>>
It won't be alright. If this were ever a world fit for people who just want peaceful lives and a nice job it isn't anymore.
Everyone, from the government to the CEOs to the bosses to the co-workers to the interns and to the unemployed is desperately trying to kill each othet so they would come out on top. Trying to opt out of that game just makes you an easy target.
>>
>>37660391

Sort of.

I'm actually legitimately disabled so it's kind of weird mix of apathy and extreme anxiety.

On the one hand I was fucked from the start in a lot of ways, sure I could have succeeded but so many roads in life were just blocked from the start. People aren't going to see me as a failure for not succeeding etc.

But on the other hand, I still sit and wonder what will happen to me in the future. I mean just knowing that I was fucked from the start isn't going to be much comfort in the end I don't think.
>>
>>37660391
>mfw I'm in the exact same position
Over the last two days I meant to start and finish making a final presentation I have to give on Wednesday and a final paper due Friday. Over the entirety of those two days I made 4 slides with 8 lines of text. My ability to self motivate certainly has been shit over this past quarter, with several shitty assignments turned in as a result.

I'm scared wondering how I will be able to sell myself to employers and convince them I will be a benefit to their organization when even I don't believe in myself. I don't want to be a NEET.

I've been just going with the flow and doing what other people put before me so this transition is shaking everything up and forcing me to actually focus and take interest in things beyond my studies and current classes.

It also doesn't help that I've also been telling myself since junior high that after I finish college and get a job I'll finally try and make an attempt to get a girlfriend. So now I have that pressure as well.

Everyone in my class seems genuinely happy and excited to graduate and I'm just an anxious wreck filled with dread pretending to be happy.
>>
>>37660474

The world really is falling apart.

I asked my nan (britfag) how much she paid for her home when she first moved into it in the 60s. 2500 pound was her answer. At first I thought she said 25,000 pound and thought that was fucking cheap even accounting for inflation - then I realised. That house today is worth well over 100,000 pound for reference.

The Baby Boomers absolutely fucked the entire world over in many ways. The easiest life possible was living back in the post war period in the west - life on God damn easy mode.
>>
>>37660391
I got my job last year and nothing has changed. I'm still worrying about what job I should switch to because the current one's pay isn't good. I have little preference for the work itself as long as it's not too tough but that is precisely why I'll fail to get anywhere.
>>
I should be finishing uni by now, but it will probably take me two more semesters to actually do it. I won't be done before I'm 27.5 at the very least and in all honesty, even if I'm done, I don't see how anything could possibly improve.
I'm currently a poorfag fuckup still living with his parents. I know zero fucking people in my city. I have some friends who live about a 10 hour drive away and they're basically the only social interaction I have. I mean, there's at least one dude whom I've known for the last 13 years, so it's not like I don't give a shit about them, but they're still far as fuck away from me, so I'm still all alone here every day. The only thing I do is lifting and playing vidya with them, but I don't even enjoy that anymore.
I don't think I can handle being friends or in a relationship with other people. Everything usually ends up with me befriending people, having fun for half a year to year, and then getting dropped. It's happened so many times now that by now I am just bitter about the whole thing.

So even if I finish uni and get some work and even can finally live on my own, it's still going to be the same shit it's today, only that uni will be replaced by a job I'll probably hate, and I'll just spend my time playing vidya that I hate and lifting weights. Fuck.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.