[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

flat earth here explain this

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

File: 17.jpg (37KB, 539x598px) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
37KB, 539x598px
flat earth here

explain this
>>
>>37649231

i dont care ogirirniaino
>>
>>37649231
The camera lense is curved you retard
>>
>>37649254
I want to kiss ur lips
>>
File: 18.jpg (55KB, 640x701px) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
55KB, 640x701px
>>37649268
keep telling your self that roundearth boy
>>
>>37649231
wide-angle lens

please research how cameras work before posting any more of your shitty pictures please I beg
>>
>>37649231
The gopro has a very wide fov so when it is squeezed onto a screen everything looks more curved
>>
File: 1471080554128.png (35KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1471080554128.png
35KB, 625x626px
>>37649268
>>37649285
>>37649293
easiest (You)s of my life

i'll let you roaches live another day
>>
>>37649283
why don't you go set off a space balloon yourself and take a picture of the edge of the earth

you can't because it's a sphere
>>
File: 21.jpg (45KB, 480x568px) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
45KB, 480x568px
>>37649313
lol why do that when I know for a fact that the earth is flat?

there is no single evidence suggesting otherwise

this lense thing is a meme you guys keep feeding yourself to avoid seeing the truth as it actually is
>>
>>37649231
>flat earth here
>explain this
honestly you've convinced me

how do you explain why you can fly around the world though
>>
There is no such thing as "fly around the world" you blind sheep, its clearly one very sophisticated conspiracy created by every airline ever, wake up.
>>
if the earth is flat then what does our planet look like from a distance? draw what you think it looks like in paint. also why hasn't anyone got to the edge of the world yet and fallen off? convince me
>>
>>37649231

Why don't flat earthers buy a weather balloon, attach a camera that fits their specifications, and find out for themselves what the earth looks like from high altitude?
>>
>>37649231
Alright if the earth is flat explain the coriolis effect.
>>
Do flat-Earthers think that it's something special about Earth, or do they think that all planets are flat? If the former, why would it be Earth specifically?
>>
>>37649231

They use a fish eye lens because it allows the camera to get a wide enough FoV that you can actually appreciate the footage. Without the fisheye lense the earth would LOOK pretty flat simply because of scale, you'd have get many thousands of miles away to start seeing the curvature of something as massive as earth with the naked eye.

You chucklefucks can get yourselves all worked up over a fisheye lense but all you really have to do to debunk your looney ass theory is to go travel from California to Australia and tell me why the moon is suddenly flipped upside down.
>>
The reason why earth is the only planet with life is because its the only planet thats flat obviously. There cant be life on other marble shaped planets because you would fall into the space whats so fucking hard to finally understand this.
>>
>>37650799
how'd Earth get flat then
>>
you guys are joking about this but there's an actual movement of people who think the earth is flat

let that sink in for a moment
>>
>>37650927

What I don't get is this attitude of response to claims of conspiracy theories...

Why IS it wrong to look at the way fish-eye lenses seem to be so commonly used in space videos to then ask, why aren't we seeing clear footage of this curvature emerge? Why isn't this something the communicators of science are working on? Why are these people to be dismissed as 'stupid' or 'cranks' for arguing their case based on footage that we can all agree makes things very unclear?
>>
>>37650641
Because as soon as they see the Earth is round they destroy all evidence so they aren't shunned from the community.
>>
if the earth is flat then why cant i see the tallest building in the world from across the country?
>>
>>37651344
i know what you mean, but in this case it's because they're simply wrong. if you have ever flown, been at a place of high altitude (like hiking a mountain), or been to the ocean, you can see the curvature of the horizon with your own eyeballs.

not only that, but there are so many holes in their logic that it's pretty easy to see that it is not well thought out at all. and think about the logistics and coordination required to maintain a farce of this magnitude at a global level.
>>
>>37649231
ik this is bait but its fucking good bait
>>
>>37651619
Like what? Not one of them, but 99% of the time when people claim that there are "too many holes" they can't even list a few of them and are just parroting the line from another person who can't list them either, ad infinitum.
>>
>>37651619

>i know what you mean, but in this case it's because they're simply wrong. if you have ever flown, been at a place of high altitude (like hiking a mountain), or been to the ocean, you can see the curvature of the horizon with your own eyeballs.

I have done all of those things, though the mountains I've climbed have been relatively small. I have never seen the curvature of the Earth.
>>
>>37651700
explaining the "edge" of the planet, what's underneath, the day/night cycle, the fact that the roundness of the earth was discovered thousands of years ago, just off the top of my head. i'm sure there's more.

>>37651717
it's pretty easily seen when flying. check your eyeballs.
>>
>>37651619
>you can see the curvature of the horizon with your own eyeballs.
eyes are curved
>>
Its a fisheye lense you mongoloid
>>
File: 5578-lg.jpg (116KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
5578-lg.jpg
116KB, 1000x1000px
>>37649231
Im with you OP the earth is flat but with rounded edges, like pic related. Thats why so many think the earth is round, they see the round bit and go, "hurr durr the rest must be round too". where do you think galileo first got the idea of the wheel from?
>>
>>37650584
>get to the edge of earth
>fall off
>die
>unable to tell anyone about it
>>
>>37652129
>galileo
>wheel

my fucking sides, you can't be any thicker than this
>>
>>37650641
Because they are dumb enough to forget to attach string of some sorts.
>>
>>37652460
you're dumb enough to forget to put an "a" before "string"
>>
File: bitch.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
bitch.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
Explain how there are times where Alaska doesn't see sunlight for forty days in a row, if this is the way the Earth works.

Also explain solar and lunar eclipses.

Also explain why nobody has ever seen the "edge of the earth".

Also explain why nobody in the Flat Earth Society has contributed anything to society.

Also explain what the point is to having people believe the earth is flat.
>>
>>37649231
>Flat earth
You don't even need to go to fucking space.
Just buy a boat and try to go around the world.
Also hope you die while attempting it for the keks.
>>
>>37653083
>explain why nobody has never seen the edge of the earth

It's guarded by Fenrir you fucking casual. The US military budget is so high because we're trying to devise a weapon powerful enough to defeat Fenrir and travel beyond the ice wall.
>>
>>37653141
What/who the fuck is fenrir
>>
File: 1476070076633.png (472KB, 800x866px) Image search: [Google]
1476070076633.png
472KB, 800x866px
*originally sips tea*
>>
>>37653141
>people go to the left edge while another group goes to the right edge
>????
>profit, fenrir can't get everyone
>>
>>37653255
Learn to use google you Down syndrome baby
>>
>>37653293
Trying to counter the actual flat earthers with logic is pointless. Just meme around and have fun in a bait thread.
>>
>>37653312
There are thousands of different opinions and facts on Google, if I really wanted to argue with you, I would want to know what your view is... Or do you not know either
>>
>>37652544

Not him, but that sentence is grammatically alright with an indefinite article preceding "string."

If anything, inserting "a" before string may complicate the writer's intent by implying the Flat Earthers are using but a single string, when several might better serve the purpose. That's especially true if they're using strings made of different material for different functions.
>>
>>37653255
it's furshit

saved you 2 seconds
>>
>>37650799
Gravity? What the fuck.
>>
>>37649231
You know you flat earthers got fucked since the Principia from Newton right?
>>
>>37653364
I don't have a view, I'm making fun of you. I can't believe you thought I was unironically arguing in favor of the dread wolf from Norse mythology guarding the edge of a flat planet.
>>
>>37650641
Maybe because flat-earthers tend to be brokeass ignorant fucks?
>>
>>37649368
>>37649283
>>37649231

you people make me so happy, even if you're just shitposting you guys make my life so much more complete

I love flatfags, the world wouldn't be the same without them.
>>
>>37653717
Niggers too think this way.
>>
>>37653854
Niggers also breathe air. And so do we. Oh no air is a conspiracy by (((them))).
>>
I'm a well published scientist, generally considered an "expert" and "very fucking intelligent" by, oh, I dunno the majority of the scientific community. (judging by papers published / citations / etc). Well according to my own badassness and every fucking tidbit of information i've ever came across, I cannot decipher if the earth is round or flat. That and I've travelled extensively. I mean, it's probably round, but it could also be flat.
Same way I feel about "God" or "Religion." Who the fuck actually knows?
And I assure you there are literally thousands if not millions of cures for cancer and AIDS, it's just not economically viable to cure those diseases.
In synthesis, we'll never fucking know, because (((they))) don't want us to know. No, really, that's my scientific answer.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.