[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friendzone

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

File: 1497199216574.jpg (322KB, 1024x778px) Image search: [Google]
1497199216574.jpg
322KB, 1024x778px
Why are men so weird when it comes to the 'friendzone?'

A friend recently told me his feelings, but I didn't feel the same, so I said I only saw him platonically. He then mentioned the friendzone, and became visibly depressed. And we kept talking about it, before he grew more upset, and began crying.

I tried to calm him down, but he just pushed me away and ranted about how he couldn't take 'being friendzoned' by me, how I apparently didn't know what it's like being friendzoned, how since I'm a woman I could never understand, how invalidating it is to people; and a whole sleugh of other things that were mostly incoherent.

That's when he pulled a folding knife from his pocket and started stabbing his neck. There was just so much blood pouring from him; I didn't think that rush of blood was possible. As well as his screaming -- oh god his screaming -- which turned into weak squeals before he finally fell to the ground and became unresponsive.

I had a hard time describing this to the police, because I couldn't believe what happened. And I still can't process it. What the fuck?
>>
Because being friends with women is basically being her man. When we get friend zoned women are shirking their part of the social contract of providing sexy time.
>>
>>37644083
so did he get the sweet release of death? or is he back in the friendzone
>>
>>37644083
Kill yourself you fucking roastie whore.
>>
>>37644461
No. I called an ambulance and he was stablized in hospital and is on suicide watch
>>
>>37644140
how is a male-female friendship different from a male-male?
With my male friends we watch film and tv shows together, discuss the news, our ideas and thoughts, game and have a laff m8. What do men do differently?
>>
>>37644461
Yes. He died on the scene.
>>
>>37644083
It's not really your fault, he is too much of a manchild to handle rejection
>>
>>37644553

Why can't you get bonding from other females? Why does it have to be with a male
>>
Kys you roast cunt
>>
File: 1497152414682.jpg (18KB, 415x454px) Image search: [Google]
1497152414682.jpg
18KB, 415x454px
>Implying there is a friendzone
Its called rejection. People need to stop acting as if friendzones are this thing you can escape from or overcome, it doesnt fucking exist its just a polite way of saying you got rejected by either being to ugly or autistic probably both.
Can this fedora term just die already
>>
>>37644553
If you're heterosexual: you're at risk of sexual and/or romantic tensions. Which can disastrously ruin the friendship alone.

Basically, the second one has feelings for the other is the second the shit hits the fan.
>>
File: 1476900545691.gif (2MB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
1476900545691.gif
2MB, 704x480px
>>37644083

He loved and he lost hard. Your rejection meant he had 2 options:

1. stay friend
2. cut contact

Option 1. means he would torture himself every time he was with you, seeing someone who he desperately wants to be more than friends with, but he can't.

Option 2. means he would never see or hear from you again (or at least for a very long time). Which he felt would be unbearable.

Most guys take option 1. in the hopes they still have a chance to pursue a romantic relationship. But they eventually give up on it and fall into option 2.

Option 1 is "The Friendzone".

Your friend picked the ever present 3rd option -- Death.
>>
>>37644661

Don't bother, women feel entitled to male company regardless of how it may change.
>>
File: 1495736030017.png (467KB, 1170x900px) Image search: [Google]
1495736030017.png
467KB, 1170x900px
>>37644658
/thread

If you are ugly, you get rejected.
That's why khhv are still a thing past 18 yo.
>>
>>37644083

If this isn't bait fucking kek I laughed pretty audibly. Like "FUCKIN FEMBOT DENYING ME, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" -stabs neck- fucking lulz
>>
>>37644083
>And we kept talking about it
Those six words hide a wealth of information, including what drove him to stab himself in the neck with a fucking pocket knife.

>>37644658
Rejection shouldn't be a surprise, though. If you get rejected then you should damned well already know that it's going to happen.

OP's orbiter made the mistake of having hope. Don't have hope. Chad doesn't hope, he fucks women who want to fuck, and doesn't bother with the ones who don't. Anti-Chad wizards don't have hope either, they KNOW they're unlovable. You only get to the suicidal stage if you have hope.
>>
This board apparently believes anything.
>>
>>37644553
Women can't discuss anything, they have no thoughts or ideas. They can't play games with any degree of competence. I have never genuinely laughed at a woman's joke.

The only usefulness I find in women is the stimulant created in my brain that rewards my interactions with them because of my social isolation.

100% of my friends are straight/bi 18-26 year old sexually desirable females. I can find absolutely no desire to interact with another male and I find their company to be obnoxious and pointless.
>>
File: 1496922536538.gif (987KB, 200x180px) Image search: [Google]
1496922536538.gif
987KB, 200x180px
>>37644835
This
Fucking this.
>if you get rejected you should damned well already know its going to happen.
Too right, its pretty easy to know if your going to get rejected or not, if you dont know then just be more observant. One of the most beta things you can do is just have blind faith and think that you have a chance.
>>
>>37644866
>Women can't discuss anything, they have no thoughts or ideas
If you genuinely believe that, then I think you're the one at fault.
>>37644643
I can bond with other females. My friend group in recent years changed from majority male to majority female. Main difference is that with men the problems aren't problems until they explode out of the friend. With women if one has an issue they'll address it as soon as it looks to be a repeating problem, so I think they have much higher emotional intelligence.
But if say, you're wallowing or melancholy, it's nice to go to a friends house and just do entertaining activities together, no discussing feelings. Just fun.
>>37644661
I agree, if one has romantic feelings for the other it should be cut off. Luckily we're all ugly.
>>
>>37644643
I can bond with both.
I have friend relationships that function like sister-sister or sister-brother relationships.
My romantic relationship is different. The manner of socializing and care put into thought and longevity is different. It's more important because we are combined, exclusive.

With friends it is more carefree and based around pure enjoyment of tasks, things, ideas. If I share things in common with a man in this regard, we can be friends.

We may acknowledge we are physically meant to reproduce with the other. There may be some suspicion of " we could maintain a father/mother-husband/wife relationship with good harmony" (or maybe the opposite---there are people I can get along with for friends/tasks but could never rely on or be responsible for)
>>
File: 7237d9028882cfb7fe63fa6a316dadbe.jpg (131KB, 695x1000px) Image search: [Google]
7237d9028882cfb7fe63fa6a316dadbe.jpg
131KB, 695x1000px
>>37645163

Out of pure curiousity, how did your partner come to be your partner?
>>
>>37644083
he should have stabbed you, what a weak cuck
>>
>>37645073
>>37645163
>I can blah blah blah...
Good for you. Not everybody can.
>>
File: 1496951030613.gif (1MB, 390x317px) Image search: [Google]
1496951030613.gif
1MB, 390x317px
this must be pasta, right? otherwise, wtf?
>>
>>37645073
>>37645163

If you can bond with both genders, then it's not the male gender that can't into friendship with Stacey but the individual.
>>
>>37645293
Quickly made decision based on acknowledgement of similar temperament and ability to communicate well with the other, some shared values. Harmonious indicators, I guess?
>>
>>37644083
>and we kept talking about it
Elaborate or you're lying.

Sage for good measure.
>>
The reason why he did that is simple: He loved you, and you rejected him. The brain registers rejection as physical pain, making it one of the most stressful psychological strains out there. He was probably dealing with other pains on the side, and the rejection brought him to think he couldn't take any more.

It's true that you rejected him, and that you caused it, but he caused the worst of it. Maybe if he hadn't sperged out and slotted himself things would have worked out better. I'm not going to tell you that you should have said yes to him, because you didn't love him. You would only be dragging yourself down for the sake of someone else.

What I'm trying to say here is that there was no avoiding what happened. The situation was a shitshow from the start, and both of you were at fault. You, for rejecting him in the first place, and him, for being a psycho sperglord and taking an irrational exit route.

The only way this wouldn't have happened is if you two had never met, which in my opinion would have been the best idea, but that's not how life works.

TLDR: I'm a harsh cunt, both of you are at fault and there was no avoiding it, and both of you will have to get over what happened. (If he's still alive)
>>
>>37646252
Speak without using filler words. They don't make you intelligent.
>>
>>37644083
Dont listen to these degenerates, sorry to say this but youre "friend" was a weak bitch and you don't owe him anything.
>>
>>37646718
What part of this is filler? How could it be compressed?
>>
>>37644083
this is a great story, including many refreshing and liberating thematic elements
My favorite of which, by far, is the idea that this story actually happened
>>
>>37646252
I hope you quickly get covered by angry centipedes
>>
>>37646935
I hope that does not happen to you.
>>
>>37644083
Why are women so weird when it comes to running their mouth? Holy shit there's like a whole bible in there. I didn't skip church for this shit.
>>
>>37644083

>Its another "crazy roastie stabs dude in the neck and tries to cover it up with a bullshit story"-thread

Women are subhuman and deserve to face the rage of the Rodge.
>>
>>37644597
>>37644527
Conflicting reports!
Bait thread detected
>>
>>37644527
>>37644597
wait who is OP
>>
>>37644083
That guy was a crazy idiot. He made the choice to stab himself, I feel no sympathy for him.

That said, it is essentially impossible to have a platonic relationship with a person of the opposite sex without someone developing some sort of feelings or sexual tension. You may think it's possible, but subconsciously, it will always happen. It's basic biology. Most women try to get all the benefits of a romantic relationship with their male friends (emotional support, asking him to help her do things, financial support, etc...) without giving anything that is typically expected of a romantic relationship back (romantic affection, loyalty, sex, etc...). The reason this happens is that so many men are thirsty beta cucks that don't realize the true nature of relationships and keep giving and giving in a futile attempt get something back in return. The "friend zone" simply describes this sort of typical one-sided relationship.

Nobody is obligated to give sex and loyalty to anyone, but at the same time nobody is obligated to give anyone emotional and financial support. The way it should be is that once you rejected that guy (basically stating your intention to not give sex and loyalty to him), he should have moved on and limited contact with you to formalities (reciprocating with stating his intention to not provide you with emotional or financial support).
>>
>>37648296
What if the woman doesn't recieve emotional support, help or financial support? Is a platonic relationship possible then?
>>
>>37644083
Lol what an autismo
>>
>>37648496
Yes, that's a relationship we like to call "being strangers."
>>
>>37648538
Having common interests, hanging out and having fun together without financial, emotional or sexual gain is being strangers? Strange.
>>
>>37644140
Not OP, but what if the woman is already in a relationship? Would you expect her to not have any male friends? I just want to understand.
>>
>>37644553
Men can only make friends with women if they meet at least 1 of 2 criteria:

1. BOTH of them acknowledge the fact they won't be together in a romantic way and there's an unspoken contract that they'll suppress and never reveal any romantic feelings, even if some arise. For the sake of the friendship.

2. Acknowledgement of relationship: Where both already have a partner of their own. Which later leads to a 50/50 coin flip that decides if they'll ruin both relationships for the sake of one or remain just friends.

That and women have different interests than men most times because of the circles women are raised in.

If you are a girl that is indistinguishable from a male based on interests and convictions then congratulations, you are part of the 0.0001% You are truly an equal to a man when it comes to friendship.

The fact that the majority of women can't be friends with men however will hamper all of the friendships you will want to have with guys. Life is a bitch.

Hopefully this gives you some insight and closure on why "men can't be friends with women"
>>
>>37648884
Anything positive you do together is emotional gain. Doing nothing for emotional gain (so, nothing) is effectively being a stranger. Come on, this should be obvious.
>>
>>37649075
Emotional gain is not emotional support, now you're just yapping nonsense
>>
>>37644687
Fantastic post. Image saved, thoughts reverberated
>>
>>37649112
They're both closely related, doofus. You're making an emotional gain from the support. The support is a gain. This shouldn't have to be explained this far unless you're underage.
>>
>>37649244
Doesn't he get emotional gain from doing fun things? Do men not have feelings and social needs?
>>
A, B, C, D, E, F, G. H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P. Q, R, S. T, U, V. W, X. Y and Z. Now I know my ABCs, next time won't you sing with me?
>>
>>37649632
Not nearly to the same degree as women. By nature, men are less emotional and more stoic. They much prefer to have the loyalty and respect of woman rather than have emotional support.
>>
>>37649662
how do i know u sung that?
>>
>>37649632
The catch is that he'd never have fun with you again even if he didn't give his jugular a root canal with a blade. So we've returned to the this point: best solution is to be strangers.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.