[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

did your parents compare you to more successful people?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

how did it make you feel?
>>
File: rwds.jpg (52KB, 455x395px) Image search: [Google]
rwds.jpg
52KB, 455x395px
>>37638372
All the time, made me feel like shit and I still constantly feel the need to prove that I'm not a waste of space.
>>
>>37638372
No but I do it to myself.
>>
No, my mom and dad are actually really good parents. It makes my countless life failures all the more poignant
>>
All the time like from kindergarten up. Fucking killed my self esteem made sure that I have no worth for myself. I have stories.
>>
File: smx.png (207KB, 309x307px) Image search: [Google]
smx.png
207KB, 309x307px
No really, but my mother sometimes compares me to Breivik. I don't like it, they probably think me as some kind of psychopath even though I'm just a regular aspie.
>>
My dad kept comparing me to my older brother, which i guess just heightened the feeling i had that i had to compete with him for dad's attention

>>37638500
>I have stories.
do share, bruffley

>>37638517
What the fuck? What exactly do they say?
>>
It's been always about "left behind" or missing out

Not that it really mattered to me desu
>>
>>37638372
My mom often compared/compares me with unsuccessful people from our family, saying that i'll end up like them whenever i fail at something, and she often compares me to other people, mostly about how they are willing to find a summer job and i'm not.
She has been comparing me with others ever since i started going to school i think. It has never lowered my self-esteem, on the contrary, it prompted me to improve myself and be better than others, but i fucking hated it, i can't remember how many times i had thrown a tantrum in my childhood because of the comparisons.
>>
File: gun.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
gun.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>37638898
>What the fuck? What exactly do they say?

Sometimes we talk about politics and I get to display my /pol/ powerlevel, that's usually when it happens. It's not that I talk about gassing the kikes or race war or anything like that, I'm just a very critical against immigration and I overall dislike degeneracy. I'm not a racist or sexist or anything extreme like that, I just display my opinions very coldly because of my assburgers.
My dad even asked me if I'm a nazi sympathizer, which I find ridiculous implication because I'm all about freedom and liberty. My mom says I remind her of Breivik because of how "cold" I am, and I agree with me being cold. I really do have asperger's syndrome and sometimes I act very much like a robot.
>>
>>37639092
next time the topic gets up, tell them that this sort of "no, shut-up" attitude, and ignoring of facts, such as Cologne rapes, or rise in terror attacks is not helping anyone, and are some of the reasons why the Right is getting emboldened all over the west,
and acting like others are racist just for disagreeing isn't going to give themselves, nor the "racist" a better understanding of anything.

You're not norwegian, are you?
Cause i am
>>
File: pekka burger.jpg (17KB, 354x361px) Image search: [Google]
pekka burger.jpg
17KB, 354x361px
>>37639340
I'm a Finn. My parents are very left-leaning and they even fall for the "religion of peace" thing. Every time after terror attack they brush it aside as isolated case and believe it has nothing to do with "the religion of peace" etc.
It all started when guy named Pekka-Eric Auvinen went postal, and the Breivik case was the final nail in the coffin.
>>
>>37639340
>Colon rapes
how awful
>>
My uncle used to hope I was going to be the next Hitler. Sorry to disappoint you uncle :( but I don't even have an army to command
>>
>>37639439
I know a guy like that. He thinks the political left = good

I recomended he'd check an alternate media platform, and he just responded that "they seemed a little right-wing", as if that's an argument. (PS: it was WeAreChange)

I think these sort of people can't be reasoned with before they start seeing that things are not so simple as that, though i'm not sure how.

Maybe bring up some sort of topic that you know they care about, and tell them how current-day politics are fucking it up. For example those lefties at that US school that wants to bring back segregation.
Nobody with half a mind can agree with that

>>37639503
the city Cologne, or Koln

>>37639532
tell story!
>>
>>37638372
>did your parents compare you to more successful people?
Yes, but eventually my mom just gave up and kept telling me she didn't expect me to become anything at all.
She was right. She's always right.
>>
>>37638372
My parents and my older brother, who I looked up to, did. I think them comparing me to other kids and saying "why can't you be like so-and-so" is a big part of why I had such low self esteem growing up. It's crazy how some people can say things like that and be completely oblivious to the fact that it hurts the people they're telling these things to. I see my brother starting to do it to my nephew and I try to shut it down as quickly as I can. He's not gonna grow up with a fucked up view of himself like I did.
>>
>>37638372
My mom does this all the time, particularly comparing me to other family members

>your cousin A is way more autistic than you are, yet he manages to have a job

>your cousin B is totally messed up in the head, yet she manages to have a job

>your uncle was a screwed up alcoholic, but he managed to have a career (never mind the suicide)

>your aunt was a drug addict, but she managed to move out on her own (never mind the fact that she died)

>your aunt had an abortion, but at least she had a job

>all kinds of unplanned pregnancies and children growing up in poverty in the family, but at least they have shitty jobs, of course

I feel like I don't get enough appreciation for being a decent person, never committing crimes, never drinking alcohol, never doing drugs, never creating children I can't support properly, and just trying to live in peace. Somehow being a NEET is seen as worse than all these horrible, irresponsible things that the rest of our family has done.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.