[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are anti depressants a meme? If I start taking them will I actually

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 10082286.jpg (13KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
10082286.jpg
13KB, 300x200px
are anti depressants a meme?

If I start taking them will I actually feel better, or will I just become numb to the fact that I hate myself
>>
>>37633134
Deal with it and smoke weed. Weed is a depressant but it makes you happy to be yourself for a while. Just smoke weed and do nothing until you forget who you are. I call it an ego death. Oh yeah, jerk off a lot too. It's not like you'll be fucking anyone either. Who cares, right?
>>
>>37633134
I've been taking anti depressants for 5 years now and I still feel like a depressed and anxious piece of shit (and yes I tried different ssris/snris)
>>
>>37633199
these are the words of a faggot
>>
>>37633134
SSRI's are shit, because you depend on a drug to alter the way your body handles with you Serotonin levels. The argument that it's natural is stupid.

Think about it. You will depend on a drug to give you some sort of happiness--it seems good in the short term, but you'll eventually develop a dependence. Given you're psychiatrist isn't a shitter, they'll try to make sure that doesn't happen, but no gurantees.

Life sucks, I'll give it that, but SSRI's are not the solution to your depression.
>>
Memes are an antidepressant
>>
>>37633134
PTSD and panic disorder person here
if you are living in constant hell from endless panic attacks that are bad enough to send you to a psych ward then its a good idea, and they honestly saved me. I haven't had an all out panic attack since I took them. A year later, im now off of them and no longer have full scale panic attacks, but the withdrawals were a bitch. I feel a little more depressed now that i no longer take them, but thats something I probably just need to deal with on my own.
>>
File: 1493639658109.jpg (46KB, 448x486px) Image search: [Google]
1493639658109.jpg
46KB, 448x486px
>>37634121
Deep anon... deep

Gthgtuncd
>>
>>37633134
Taking an Anti depressant is like playing russian roulette with a fully loaded gun
>>
>>37634213
Funny. I never had a panic attack in my life until the day after I took zoloft.
>>
Can you guys explain your panic attacks?
>>
Anti Depressants work by increasing hormones like dopamine and serotonin. Take them if your moods are very unstable, if your having trouble sleeping and diet + exercise isn't helping to relieve any of your symptoms. Also don't expect your mood to improve if your not working on your mental health, you need to identify what kinds of thoughts your having and trying to turn them into positive ones (cognitive behavioural therapy), so you can stop reinforcing a negative attitude. Also mindfulness meditation might be a good option if your having trouble with anxiety and regulating your moods.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.