[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /avoidant/ here?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Who /avoidant/ here?
>>
>>37632324
it blows my mind that there are people - lots of them - who are not like this. I don't know how anyone could not feel this way.
>>
>>37632384
Kill yourself moron-
>>
Me. The worst part is people think I'm either an asshole or creep because of it.

Yet part of me desires to have someone to love and hang around. It's an abstract feel.
>>
>>37632324
I'm so deeply avoidant irl that everyone thinks I'm actually schizoid.

Little do they know that the schizoid persona is just a shell I project to make sure they don't pick up on the fact that I'm avoidant.
>>
>>37632474
being avoidant is perfectly normal though
>>
>>37632324
I haven't been diagnosed, but I seem to suffer from some sort of social anxiety. I'm naturally avoidant and deeply introverted. I've been told throughout my life that I'm good looking. I'm obviously not Chad model-tier looks but I'm certainly no homely face. Despite this, I am pretty much a loner.

I rarely like the company of people unless it's someone who is not intimidating. It's hard for me to remember what people say sometimes when I look them in the eye. Maintaining eye contact is uncomfortable for me.

The greatest problem with my problem is that I am a composer and that I wish to be able to network to promote my own music. Unfortunately, having poor people skills and a fear of social interaction will always hinder my goals of spreading a reputation.

I will not give up. I will continue writing and I will fight against my "disease". Good luck to all of us "robots".
>>
>>37632550
shut the fuck up buddy
>>
>>37632324
What the fuck is a "personality risk"?
>>
>>37632575
Why are you so tense? This thread was created to acknowledge those of us who struggle with SA and APD
>>
>>37632666
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thfKq71cNZM
Originally originally original
>>
>>37632324
Not officially diagnosed, but that description fits me fucking perfectly.

Usually though it just gives off this vibe that I'm mysterious and other worldly, i.e. not as concerned with societal duties as I am with the esoteric.
>>
>>37632740
Hah that was funny. . And I used that trip on purpose.
>>
>>37632324
Im black and have APD. I probably eont survive on this earth at all once my mom grts tired of me and kicks me out
>>
>>37632902
>Usually though it just gives off this vibe that I'm mysterious and other worldly, i.e. not as concerned with societal duties as I am with the esoteric.
Nah, people just think you're a prick that thinks he's too good to talk to them.

t. personal experience
>>
>>37632324
to the T. don't even see that big of an issue. saves u a lot of trouble
>>
Officially diagnosed and living the life. Everybody thinks I'm an arrogant prick or else a hermit. Just can't engage and risk showing what a sped I am. Want to, but can't.
>>
Here's what helped me:

Create a persona that isn't you. Like the way authors use a pen name? But for your whole life.

And you've got to rehearse it and work out all the little details. Like that scene in Reservoir Dogs where the guy is embellishing the cop dog story?

If you can somehow work it out so that you move to a different city, away from people who knew you before, you can really get away with this.

Start having your *persona* interact with people instead of *you*. Answer questions the way *he* would answer him. Write a novel in your head about the emotions *he* has, and express those to the people around you.

Maybe your persona is a Chad. You never know.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.