[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who /autistic/ here? >be me >diagnosed with autism todat

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1497040299551.jpg (96KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1497040299551.jpg
96KB, 633x758px
who /autistic/ here?
>be me
>diagnosed with autism todat
>>
I've never been diagnosed, but deep inside I know that I'm autism.
>>
>>37632077
Big mistake. Having this in your papers is gonna fuck you over 'till the rest of your days. You were better off being viewed as an awkward idiot.
>>
>>37632077
shit sucks, its probably good that you got diagnosed as an adult, cuz you would probably be in sped classes if you got it diagnosed as a child
>>
>>37632213
This. Do you honestly think you will be put on bux just because of autism? You fell for the special snowflake meme and will pay the price in the longrun
>>
>>37632077

would you blame your parents for your condition?
>>
>>37632717
Well, I did. I was diagnosed back in December and pretty much instantly I'm no longer being pressured or expected to get a job, was encouraged to apply for benefits, which I did, and didn't even have to talk on the phone myself, and now I'm getting enough money that I never have to worry about not having enough for my bills and plenty left over that I can save for pretty much anything I want in a relatively short time. Life has become a lot less stressful for me since then. I'm not under any pressure anymore.

The other side of it is that I'm fairly sure my, whatever it is, robot-ness, has nothing to do with autism. I've been attending a support group for autistic adults and they're all fucking married with kids, or have a bunch of friends, relationships etc and from sharing our life experiences I've been faced with the usual stunned silence when I explain how things have been for me.

A diagnosis can help make life a little less stressful, but don't expect it to fix anything about your real nature - autism has nothing to do with that.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.