[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is BA actually worth anything in the US? It seems to me that

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: US_flag_48_stars.svg.png (6KB, 220x116px) Image search: [Google]
US_flag_48_stars.svg.png
6KB, 220x116px
Is BA actually worth anything in the US? It seems to me that there are so many people there with BA, where i come from, having only BA equals unemployment
>>
>>37629017
Depends on what its in and if you have connections to anyone who needs someone with that BA

Networking if like 10x more important to finding your career than the actual degree
>>
>>37629887
So it also goes that way in America?
Basically you find a job if you know a guy who knows a guy?
>>
>>37629017
If you don't have a vocational type degree then don't bother, if you're looking for a job email the recruitment people in a large company in your town, find out what sort of degrees they would want you to have, and possibly they'll like the proactivity and maybe help you with work experience if nothing else. But yeah, it's like asking if high school is worth it, or not having a criminal record is worth it, just because it is common doesn't mean it makes it less necessary to get a job.
>>
I'd like to think it would, but apparently not.

>tfw when i make $21/hr at a hospital as a dishwasher.

I'm a college dropout and I make more than my cousins who have degrees. Then again, they all have degrees in psychology, sociology fashion, etc.

Who knows, maybe they'll make more than I do someday.
>>
Depends on your degree and how you apply yourself while in university.

For instance, my ex-girlfriend has a BA in Advertising. While that isn't a particularly powerful major, she participated in a lot of extracurricular activities and did internships every summer.

After graduating, she secured a one-year employment contract that paid about $50,000 per year. Once that expired, she found another job that pays $70,000 and is also sponsoring her MBA from a top-tier program.

She'll probably be making six figures by the time she's 27 or 28.

On the other hand, I know other people who majored in advertising or business or economics, slacked massively, and participated in little more than Greek life and non-academic events. One Indian-American fellow had to take a job in Wisconsin paying $35,000 per year, because that's all he could get after four years of being a creepy fucking would-be date rapist (no hate to Indians: most of the guys in my fraternity were brown).
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.