[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is western culture so stagnated. Think of the 50s, the 60s,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1493422689490.png (439KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1493422689490.png
439KB, 1024x768px
Why is western culture so stagnated. Think of the 50s, the 60s, the 70s, the 80s and the 90s, they're all different and unique. Meanwhile shit has been literally the same for the least 15 or 16 years. Same movies, same shows, same games, same music, same trends etc. It's like they're not even trying anymore.
>>
i liked madoka and that was from the 2000s
>>
>>37627932
u need to look at the more underground stuff, we have so much mass media now, they have found the right formula
>>
>>37627932
Since the globalization of the economy in 1980, the western culture get predominant and stagnant (it's all about high-technology). But why it's stagnant? I don't know. Good question
>>
>>37627972
>u need to look at the more underground stuff
That's the point tho, you NEED to look at the more underground stuff to find any difference. But shit wasn't always like that. Just look at mainstream music, jazz was nothing like rock, classic rock was nothing like prog rock, which was nothing like punk etc.
>>
all people do is stare at screens
in order to stare at their neighbors
who are staring at them
>lol i c u
>lol i c u 2
people are playing peek-a-boo
it's a fun game for sure
but 20 years of peek-a-boo is 20 years of peek-a-boo
>>
>>37629143
Is that what they call a haiku?
>>
not even close. 2007 and later is way different than the rest of the 2000s for one
>>
>>37629143
terrible
1345 678
>>
>>37627932
I think we've reached the singularity when it comes to culture/media. The internet is probably to blame for this
>>
File: IMG_2668.jpg (103KB, 500x331px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2668.jpg
103KB, 500x331px
>>37627932
I would love to have lived during the 70's
>>
>>37627932
time actually froze 16 years ago and we're all living in a frozen point in time.
>>
>>37627940
It wasn't western..
>>
>>37627940
It's from 2011 though
>>
>>37627932
Western culture hasn't stagnated. It's the internet's fragmented subcultures that we tend to revolve around, rather than having one grand narrative much like the 90s or 00s.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.